OT 19/3: My girlfriend says she needs time and distance. Is she calculating velocity?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
HF LIGHTNING SUBFORUM NEWS:
Xenophobia Catalyst is listed day to day with an upper body injury. Apparently he was racing his son and hit an icy patch and fell awkwardly (think Ben Bishop injury last year minus the dislocated elbow) currently at hospital awaiting results.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Xenophobia Catalyst is listed day to day with an upper body injury. Apparently he was racing his son and hit an icy patch and fell awkwardly (think Ben Bishop injury last year minus the dislocated elbow) currently at hospital awaiting results.

Ouch. Sorry to hear it - hope the results are encouraging. Feel better!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Menacing black ice.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

How many minutes did the icy patch get? Let me guess... C'mon refs!

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Xenophobia Catalyst may have to be put on LTIR as X-rays show a fractured elbow. No word on how this will affect his Parenting or GDT posting.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Xenophobia Catalyst may have to be put on LTIR as X-rays show a fractured elbow. No word on how this will affect his GDT posting.

We have the depth to get past this. Let's face it, he's been underperforming lately, and this could allow one of the young guys to step up and take his spot.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We have the depth to get past this. Let's face it, he's been underperforming lately, and this could allow one of the young guys to step up and take his spot.

People like you... Have you forgotten about the deep playoff run we had with him in 2011? The fun we had with the XC glory posts? Also, you're underestimating his intangibles. He was a vocal leader in the locker room and showed the kids how it's done. You're right that the young guys need to step up now but short-term this will make us weaker. Let's hope he returns quickly because he has at least another good year in him IMO.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
People like you... Have you forgotten about the deep playoff run we had with him in 2011? The fun we had with the XC glory posts? Also, you're underestimating his intangibles. He was a vocal leader in the locker room and showed the kids how it's done. You're right that the young guys need to step up now but short-term this will make us weaker. Let's hope he returns quickly because he has at least another good year in him IMO.

Get value for him while we can. We're building a perennial contender - you don't do that by holding on to posters that are WAY past their prime.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Get value for him while we can. We're building a perennial contender - you don't do that by holding on to posters that are WAY past their prime.

But is there a market for him? I mean he's still doing good around here but I'm not sure other boards would give up what we'd want in return. I'd rather keep him, let him post in a veteran role. He's still a guy who can chip in with a solid GDT or 19/3 performance once in a while.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
This is his first major injury in his 7 year career and suddenly he is expendable? I agree he streaky with some really good posts on GDT and then seems non existent in prospects threads but he still is consistent with the Final Fantasy Posts. He may not be on the level of Days or FP but he is far from expendable on my view. I think he could be MOD material.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
This is his first major injury in his 7 year career and suddenly he is expendable? I agree he streaky with some really good posts on GDT and then seems non existent in prospects threads but he still is consistent with the Final Fantasy Posts. He may not be on the level of Days or FP but he is far from expendable on my view. I think he could be MOD material.

He reminds me of Killorn. No matter what he does he's always a 0.5PPG poster.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Hey, what's the guy's name that swore off the team because of Yzerman? Led Zeppelin guy? I wonder if that guy still knows how to post. It'd be worth a tryout.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Hey, what's the guy's name that swore off the team because of Yzerman? Led Zeppelin guy? I wonder if that guy still knows how to post. It'd be worth a tryout.

PhysicalGraffiti? We could see if we could pry him away from the Isles.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
PhysicalGraffiti? We could see if we could pry him away from the Isles.

Ah, hell. They won't give him up. We should really be looking at buy low candidates from Toronto, but I don't know any of their posters. Usually it's the ones with goalie avatars that tend to be reasonable.

Might look at trying to pick up Mint or Raspewtin from the Rangers.

EDIT: That's assuming the Rangers don't make the playoffs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Know who was good from another team that was a frequent contributor to 19/3? Moo. Whatever happened to Moo? I believe he was Blue Jackets property, which means he'll be a feisty, grind-it-out player. This XC is too wishywashy. He's changed his name too many times, we need someone steadfast. And who doesn't dislocate their elbow. It's time to move on. We gave him enough glory.

The only catalyst XC is, is a catalyst for change on HF Lightning after this injury.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bob McKenzie is reporting that XC's name "is out there" and although he's now on LTIR, management is checking their options. Bob was wrong with the Brewer rumor though so let's hope for the best!

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I don't believe this! A guy gives his all day in and out but once he gets injured suddenly he can be replaced? This is the same treatment PhysicalGraffiti got and he chose not to resign. XC wants to be apart of this sub forum and shows it on a daily basis. He is a heart poster. And I am disgusted at this trade talk. You should all be ashamed.

...although if we did trade him we should go for a Frenchy or maybe Homeland Security. Of course we would have to add to get that kind of quality.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
Homeland Security is already going to sign with us in the postseason when the Islanders lose in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad