Post-Game Talk: Mutombo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hate the shootout and have basically since the second or third year it was around. But if they do it, I think it should be five rounds. No idea if it would help us or hurt us, it's just that three and potentially less shots seems too short.

This was also the first shootout I've watched in years. I normally turn the game off after OT but I was adding items to my grocery cart and was distracted, so I figured what the hell. :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Zibanejad line members were all awful for completely different reasons. f*** them.

Fox has one of those injuries you cant make worse by playing with it and figuring out how to win without him miracle-ing shit nightly is going to make or break this team this year.

Reactions: Raspewtin and Tob

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Horrible game defensively.
Lav needs to shake things up so we aren't reliant on the Panarin line for most of our chances. Get Wheeler off the top line for a start. Look to utilize Vesey and Cuylle more.
9 shifts and 7:16 for Othmann seems very low for he looked in game 1. Would like to hear the coach's explanation for that one.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
If missing Kakko turns the defense into this much trash, they need to rename the Selke award after him. They turn the puck over every other pass.

Reactions: Uglybstrd

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Shootouts suck.

Coming out slow a lot lately. That’s the MO if this core unfortunately, but I have faith in Lavi being able to steer through it.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
You read it here first - Rangers going 5-6 for the remainder of January schedule.

Pathetic, as Canes take over first place in Metro.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I hate the shootout and have basically since the second or third year it was around. But if they do it, I think it should be five rounds. No idea if it would help us or hurt us, it's just that three and potentially less shots seems too short.

This was also the first shootout I've watched in years. I normally turn the game off after OT but I was adding items to my grocery cart and was distracted, so I figured what the hell. :laugh:
I'm proud to say that I've never seen one (and have no plans to do so).

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We probably deserved to win that game and, in my mind, basically tied it. I'm not bothered by this particular game.

Let me tell you what bothers me.

f***ing Trouba is now averaging a minute and half more per game at 5v5 than Fox.

I haven't even given Laviolette so much as a dirty look this year because he's done few egregious things, but if this is the egregious thing he's going to do, it's worse than anything Gallant did. It's worse than anything anyone is doing.

I can't believe I have to explain this, but here goes. Maybe it will channel the right vibes into Laviolette's obese stupid brain.

This is not Jeter and A-Rod. This is not Austin and the Rock. This is not even Jordan and Pippen. This is eating a porterhouse or eating literal dog shit.

This fat, dumb, motherf***er has one of the 2 or 3 best defenseman currently playing hockey and is playing a different guy more, nevermind that said guy sucks.

In a sane world where I could have faith in people, he's saving Fox for the playoffs. You know that's not true. It's because Trouba is big, tough, and plays ShiTDeRn dErNFERNzE.

I'm going to repeat this for every braincell Laviolette has and you can tally them up:

Play your f***ing Norris winner.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Horrible game defensively.
Lav needs to shake things up so we aren't reliant on the Panarin line for most of our chances. Get Wheeler off the top line for a start. Look to utilize Vesey and Cuylle more.
9 shifts and 7:16 for Othmann seems very low for he looked in game 1. Would like to hear the coach's explanation for that one.
Edstrom had a similar game 1 and was sent back to Hartford -- so Othmann is ahead of the game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad