OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have not witnessed this kind of vocal range and quality in a rock singer since Ian Gillan. Dino Jelusic crushes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nothing spells summer for me like this song. Another impressive Canadian offering with a memorable melody.

Reactions: Dick Duff

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Finally got around to listening to the 20th anniversary edition of Linkin Park's Meteora. I was going into grade 8 and bought two albums that summer, Meteora and Audioslave's self titled debut. Needless to say, 2017 was tough to get through even thoufh I didn't really listen to LP or Cornell anymore. The only upside is I got reintroduced to LP after ditching everything after getting into the Beatles (nothing compares let's face it). There were five albums I either hadn't listened to or barely did.

Anyway, the new songs on the 20th manage to remind me of the vibe of 2003 so well, I can close my eyes and go back in time. I can remember playing Starcraft until 5AM with Meteora on repeat, the friends I made who all eventually grew up, some have already passed and others I've lost touch with. Every one of us loved Linkin Park. The songs really feel like they could have been on the initial album. I never thought something Iistened to then would ever become classic rock. I guess I'm old now.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Finally got around to listening to the 20th anniversary edition of Linkin Park's Meteora. I was going into grade 8 and bought two albums that summer, Meteora and Audioslave's self titled debut. Needless to say, 2017 was tough to get through even thoufh I didn't really listen to LP or Cornell anymore. The only upside is I got reintroduced to LP after ditching everything after getting into the Beatles (nothing compares let's face it). There were five albums I either hadn't listened to or barely did.

Anyway, the new songs on the 20th manage to remind me of the vibe of 2003 so well, I can close my eyes and go back in time. I can remember playing Starcraft until 5AM with Meteora on repeat, the friends I made who all eventually grew up, some have already passed and others I've lost touch with. Every one of us loved Linkin Park. The songs really feel like they could have been on the initial album. I never thought something Iistened to then would ever become classic rock. I guess I'm old now.
Was never really a LP fan til I saw them live in 2013 and even that was cause I was too lazy to fight the crowds to get over to see Rob Zombie who was playing on a different stage and I was worried I wouldn’t get back in time to watch Metallica who was the headliner. Chester’s energy and vocals blew me away, was a huge let down when Metallica came on. LP top 5 concerts I’ve ever seen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From the same Montreal concert referenced earlier upstream, someone dubbed this song “Canada’s national anthem”. One of the most iconic riffs ever performed sounds as fresh as when it was recorded.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I try hard believe me, but I just can't do Rush. Wannabe's Gentle Giant, and the singer, Jenny Lee has got to be the ugliest broad group leader, there ever was.

Maybe if you give them a more colorful name, they might sound better.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad