OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Pretty sure no one here knew of this man,husband,father,singer,songwriter,musician,actor,author,artist,yet he could never completely lose his addictions and jumped from the same hotel where John and Yoko stayed. He did a cover ''his way'' and was playing and left a note when he jumped. Made the tribute video afterwards.

His manager tried to get this on the air in the USA

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not the easiest drummer to attempt to emulate...

Weird style. Saw the Who a few times but never with Moon.

Not sure if it's widely know,but Pete was going to fire Moon and asked Cesar from Golden Earring to join them. He asked everyone in the band and they told him to go,but at the end of the day he couldn't leave the brotherhood,some people can't be bought.
Epic drum solo in this version,playing the double bass drums backwards!

Reactions: Dick Duff

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I like what the drummer does. Some extra beat to make some kind of transition. It makes the song less a straight line of beat. Very simple song but it does the job. The sound of the guitar solo a little bit like inside a tube is cool too.
Saturation (the album with that song) was produced by rap/hip hop producers. It sounded super clean compared to most alt-rock being released at that time... Probably a reason why it really took me a while to appreciate that album, which features great songwriting for a band whosw most known song is definitely a cover

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Never seen her before, funny video, but her music is pretty generic.
Did you see Shania at the Bell Centre? I always liked her, but never saw her live.

She's the GOAT. in her domain.
Miley is the GOAT in my domain. LOL

As I mentioned the opener did nothing for us. Bell center,yes,claustrophobic inducing. Twain was entertaining enough but the woman folk enjoyed it more than us blokes,it was more for them anyways. Those maryjane shops have an impressive variety,pity they don't have ''bars'' where they can be enjoyed.
We visited the Videotron center in QC,much more impressive.

''Purple haze''

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
At a get together a while back a bud told me about a friend of ours since we were kids, and that he did a gig on a show that I wasn't aware of. I know he's a musician and they do the material they want,but it was fun to see him do covers,and a good job at it and fun,still parties!

And the biggest hit they had/have

Reactions: Bahama Mama

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not the easiest drummer to attempt to emulate...

5 to 1 ratio of combing hair back vs. patterns executed. :sarcasm:

That drum set up and the shell finish is so old school and appropriate for what was attempted. I’ve owned kits that were similar, especially the set up.

I wish I had held on to my last set, a custom made Ayotte. If you’re a musician, always a good idea to hold on to your instruments.

Reactions: Dick Duff

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You want techno? I shall give you some real-deal outer space banging techno :)

I'll listen to almost anything:nod:

Techno is not my biggest bag though but this one I will always remember as a friend just got a new sound system in his cafe and got me over and tested it out. It was during the day so no locals inside and all the tourists stick pretty much to the outside canal terrace anyways. He blasted it to an insane level to where I was in pain! super clean sound though:thumbu::thumbu:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
At a get together a while back a bud told me about a friend of ours since we were kids, and that he did a gig on a show that I wasn't aware of. I know he's a musician and they do the material they want,but it was fun to see him do covers,and a good job at it and fun,still parties!

And the biggest hit they had/have

Probably my favorite song from him,lovely ballad, as he collaborated with another guy. He knows it's not my cup of tea the music they do but he likes some pretty heavy duty stuff as well. I do think he does have a very nice voice though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad