OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This girl is a covers factory; she keeps churning them out. I think I've seen over 90, Most are good with a few gems mixed in and very few misses. I love her voice, her humour and that blue hair.

This one came out today I think

One of my favorites

or

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Some other outoftowners was showing us some tunes,this one really stood out. Don't know what it's about but it emotes sadness but special with such a buildup with instruments slowly introduced and a voice that you don't forget.

They are huge in the Netherlands

This song was for the pandemic as well as for the veterans, perseverance! even my buddy Will is in it!:cool:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Had a chance to listen to some stuff while going to and from from to where I was gong to and from from,from? something like that.:help::laugh:
Never really listened to this album when it came out but being zen and horizontal,gave it a go and the more I played it the more I really started liking it.
A mix of eclectic covers the band liked and was inspired by with their own Golden touch added to it. Some nice raspy raunchy vocals as well as some very melodic along with wonderful guitar work and some good bass licks.Knew most of the originals but not all and all done really good,Dylan,Beatles, BeachBoys, Bob Seger,Joplin!

Just gotta know,who the hell is Jane?:huh::laugh:

Found the whole album on the tube and the cool retro player is neat:cool:

Never heard this version before,what a way to begin a show!:yo: Very Trippy,guess they stopped doing that version before I saw them.

Such a same George is not doing well at all, from this

To now

george.jpg

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I had once heard that Andrea True's More More More was the first disco song ever recorded but that seems to be disputed.

Here she is singing it live. I had completely forgotten that she was an adult film performer who transitioned to singing and charted with this song, in several countries. She passed away in 2011. Great job by the horn section on this.

More what eh?:laugh::dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Anyone know her? she opened up for Shania Twain. Didn't do much for any of us. Twain was professional,big budget,speaks french well.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am hoping to buy Paul Simon new album. At 81 likely be his last. He said he decided to do another album because of a dream. He had a dream in 2019 told him to do another album. Told him to title it Seven Psalms. In the following nights words just came to him.

Going to be interesting to see what it contains

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Anyone know her? she opened up for Shania Twain. Didn't do much for any of us. Twain was professional,big budget,speaks french well.

Never seen her before, funny video, but her music is pretty generic.
Did you see Shania at the Bell Centre? I always liked her, but never saw her live.

She's the GOAT. in her domain.
Miley is the GOAT in my domain. LOL

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
We put together a video for our new song January Third, thanks to the great people at CottonBro. Hope you guys like the song, it's me singing, it's not out yet on streaming but we've been hustling on it !

Reactions: Dick Duff

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I was playing this one day,the original and the mrs said that a Japanese cover was made.

and here it is,different.

This band was not well know outside of the Netherlands but had a huge hit globally,that I detested. But the story about how it came together is something that I like to learn when possible. Pretty sure many know the one:dunno:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This one is great!

Paolo Nutini (Scottish with an Italian Granddad).

He has an amazing voice.

Apparently Adele watch the song and said on Twitter it was the best live appearance she's ever watched.

https://youtu.be/ELKbtFljucQ
I'm guessing she doesn't watch much then:jk:

Yes it's a good one passionate!

You familiar with Marcel Veenendaal and the band Di-rect? Some already posted but a sample of their works

From the other day,was a powerful show!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad