OT: Music Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ageism is real on this site and quite well tolerated, it would appear. It’s the equivalent of dissing others over something they have no control over.

I haven’t seen anyone claim that their choice of music, musical acts or era was better than someone else’s so there is room for anyone to expand on and share their musical tastes regardless of what generation they came from.

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
What was your experience like? Which stadium was it at? I never saw them play live.
Well i left from Lasalle in my sisters new at that time civic around 0930 Thursday morn..
drove to JFK and parked it in Fedex's secured lot at the airport
then hung around Fedex until the early Friday morning hours and jumped onto a Fedex jet and sat behind the pilot in the cockpit as we flew overseas and landed at Heathrow sometime later Friday afternoon or early evening (do not quite remember but 5 to 6 hour flight and 5 lost time change hours)

the whole time across the pond nothing planned im winging it (only know i have to be at the show at 12 on Saturday here) Google Maps about 30 miles from London (of course at that time i have no idea where this is when it was happening as its 1990 no phone no google maps)

so i find a hotel somewhere near Heathrow and ask a few questions and crash out im fried i hate flying im ralfing etc etc..

anyhow i wake in a daze early Sat morn and off i go i take the tube downtown then a train north then a bus then walk a mile or so and walk in the grounds at about 1150 Sat morn...

i work my way through the throng of 120 thousand or so people and as i approach the stage (prob Bell Center back row floor distance away) on walks Status Quo

They kick right in to Caroline im freaking stunned standing there smiling rocking i cannot believe im alone across the pond for the 1st time in my life and a band whom i love and never could/would imagine i would ever see are right there rocking away jeans and all..

what a sound boogie woogie rock n rollin at its very best they are just as you Runner would imagine its freaking amazing especially with the thousands around ill groovin rockin right with them..

this setlist follows

(Mystery Song / Railroad / Most of the Time / Wild Side of Life / Rollin' Home / Again and Again / Slow Train)
Hold you back
Dirty Water
whatever you want
In the Army Now
Rockin' All Over the World
Don't Waste My Time
(Roadhouse Blues / The Wanderer / Marguerita Time / Living on an Island / A Mess of Blues / Break the Rules / Something 'Bout You Baby I Like / The Price of Love / Roadhouse Blues)

and the Quo is just the beginning of the fun but certainly the dream high lite for me...

this is long enough so ill just mention who followed what a day ..

Tears For Fears
Cliff Richard and the Shadows
Dire Straits
Elton John
Genesis
Robert Plant
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd

too many high points the rest of the way
ill just mention

Clapton doing Sunshine of Your Love joined by Knofler and Elton's band

Plant joined by Jimmy Page before they were doing the Plant /Page touring stuff

Paul performing Hey Jude with a 100 thousand plus singing along

and finally Floyd

apologies to all who have no interest..

Cheers..

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Ageism is real on this site and quite well tolerated, it would appear. It’s the equivalent of dissing others over something they have no control over.

I haven’t seen anyone claim that their choice of music, musical acts or era was better than someone else’s so there is room for anyone to expand on and share their musical tastes regardless of what generation they came from.
That wasn’t meant as an insult I just didn’t realize that was the main demographic here

Reactions: Barilko

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That wasn’t meant as an insult I just didn’t realize that was the main demographic here
I don’t know, there was a “LMAO” attached to it. I think it’s a mixed bag of posters which is enriching to me in terms of being exposed to all kinds of sounds and influences.

Reactions: Dick Duff

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are good cover bands, some great ones even. And there's Leonid and friends.

This version is twice as good as the original; if not more.

Singer (probably): “My face is shaped like a pancake but I love me so!” :sarcasm:

Good cover, thanks for sharing.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Ageism is a thing on this site. I don’t single out posters by age for a reason but you do you. Also, there is nothing to get “mad” about.
How is it singling someone out or ageism to say “y’all are all boomers”? I just want to be friends :/

Also I literally have a grateful dead avatar how could you think I am ageist against boomers LOL

Speaking of which I will contribute to the thread now, any bluegrass fans on here?

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
How is it singling someone out or ageism to say “y’all are all boomers”? I just want to be friends :/

Also I literally have a grateful dead avatar how could you think I am ageist against boomers LOL

Speaking of which I will contribute to the thread now, any bluegrass fans on here?

Listening to Tony Rice makes me want to put away my guitar and lock it away for good.
He makes it look so easy, effortless. A flat picking wizzard.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This is my own top 22 pop-rock artists or group of the 70's. That means from 1970 to 1979.

1. Pink Floyd : They did the best master piece like dark side of the moon followed by wish you were, animals, the wall, meddle was a good album too and the one with the cow had a medieval ballad rock psychelic.
2. Rolling Stones They were prolific from 1970 to 74. A good album in 1978. 70's a good period for the Stones.
3. Genesis They did the best music possible in this genre
4. Supertramp : Crime of the century, Fools Ouverture, Breakfast in Am, music well done clean, efficient, good pop with catchy refrains
5. Stevie Wonder, 1972, 73-74-75 and 77 he did such great albums. He's a machine of hits, very funky
6. David Bowie 70's has been a great period for David
7. Doobie Brothers, Great group, 70's was their best decenny
8. Led Zeppelin. Their best albums are in the 60's, (1&2), the albums of the 70's were good but I rank them lower.
9. Steely Dan : Great group, perfectionists, good music, middle mix of jazz and rock
10. Deep Purple : Could have placed then ahead of Led Zepp but, hey they were f** good!
11. Electric Light Orchestra. Good pop music, lot of work in these tunes, catchy songs
12. Eagles
13. Elton John
14. KC and the Sunshine Band : they did the best dance floor music ever possible,
15. Fleetwood Mac
16. America
17. McCartney and Wings
18. Crosby -Stills -Nash
19. Black Sabbath
20. Eric Clapton
21. The Who
22. Aerosmith

edit : I forgot Queen and the Bee Gees, they have to fit before Elton John (Eule thon jaune)

Last edited:
Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Got invited to see these guys next month. Not familiar with their material in the new millennium but should still be good.

This came up after ,what a blast,so fun,would be great to be there to see that.

Last edited:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
This thread has made me realize y’all are all boomers LMAO
Gems like this is why so many wished the day after pill was created much earlier.lol
Have heard a lot of stupid things over the years,said some myself,but this is hall of fame worthy.lol
Even Mary's brother Warren know that music is timeless and transcends generations.smfh

• Haha
Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad