OT: Music discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
So you recognized like the least famous member of the Gimme Gimmes?! :laugh:

I think he was the only one who's other band I wasn't familiar with. I'll have to check them out.
Ive seen them so many damn times over the years. I think CJ Ramone was on bass that night, I dont remember who the other guitar player was though.
Yeah, I was watching some of the quinceanera video and saw him there. I was totally bummed to miss them! They played here a few weeks ago at the HOB in Anaheim but I couldn't make it. I'm not sure if he's still playing with them. But that was super cool! The Gimme Gimmes are such a fun show. It never gets old.

Back to Quicksand, a few years ago when they toured right after COVID they had Stephen Brodsky playing guitar. Cave In is another one of my favorite bands so having him play with Quicksand was awesome for me! IMO Cave In is a band that never got the credit they deserved. Such a wide range of styles and sounds through the years. Their latest album (Heavy Pendulum) is a friggin masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

I just saw that Quicksand is going to be touring with Refused on their farewell tour in the spring. I might have to head out for that one. I havent seen either of those bands since the 90's.

Ive seen them so many damn times over the years. I think CJ Ramone was on bass that night, I dont remember who the other guitar player was though.

I just saw that Quicksand is going to be touring with Refused on their farewell tour in the spring. I might have to head out for that one. I havent seen either of those bands since the 90's.

Yeah I bought tickets. I had tickets to see Refused when they broke up in 1998. I saw them at the FYF Fest in DTLA back in 2012 (I think). I didn't realize they put out two new records since they got back together. I didn't even realize they had gotten back together.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I watched the first few episodes of the The Bear and they actually played Refused as part of the sound track. I hadn't listened to them in a decade.

I also love when the most fervent anti-capitalists get turned into a corporate product. It's like buying Che t-shirt at Hot Topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad