Half-Assed GDT: Music Boys vs Heavy Rain Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm ripping folks? I'm simply stating a difference of opinion. You made a counter and corrected me. You're ripping me right now and I'm not insulted, in fact I appreciate it. Please, calm down.
To be clear, you were ripping GM based on bad facts. There is plenty to rip him on- like the Krug contract- but let’s not act like if he had given Petro what he gave Krug Petro would still be here. It’s disingenuous.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
To be clear, you were ripping GM based on bad facts. There is plenty to rip him on- like the Krug contract- but let’s not act like if he had given Petro what he gave Krug Petro would still be here. It’s disingenuous.

Fair enough.

I don't particularly care for him and if you took a moment and tracked his job history as GM of the Stars, you'd see why. If you like him, I respect that. But I claim all that I say as an opinion. I don't work for the Blues or live in their front office and no one else does either. This is a forum to discuss things and if I go off the limb with something and get called on it, fair enough. I can deal with that and like others, I do and have admitted when I'm wrong. You're being a bit odd tonight, my positive friend. I hope I'm just misreading. You're coming off really rude.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Fair enough.

I don't particularly care for him and if you took a moment and tracked his job history as GM of the Stars, you'd see why. If you like him, I respect that. But I claim all that I say as an opinion. I don't work for the Blues or live in their front office and no one else does either. This is a forum to discuss things and if I go off the limb with something and get called on it, fair enough. I can deal with that and like others, I do and have admitted when I'm wrong. You're being a bit odd tonight, my positive friend. I hope I'm just misreading. You're coming off really rude.
Sorry. Watching another sorry effort has left me cranky. But I shouldn’t take it out on my fellow Blues fans. I apologize to you. You are good poster and deserve better from me.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Great job boys, way to enhance that draft position and shovel some more dirt on the corpse of this season.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Great job boys, way to enhance that draft position and shovel some more dirt on the corpse of this season.
I think the cognitive dissonance is getting to me. I no longer believe this team can contend this season so I want us to improve draft picks and deal UFAs. But I also hate watching us play like this. I think this is why I want them to make trades sooner than later (even though I know we likely won’t do much until near TDL). Because if we deal UFAs and call up bunch of minor leaguers and we lose due to lack of talent, that would be less painful to watch than a bunch of guys I know are capable of so much better.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Too bad I don’t have rainbow unicorn crap coming out of mine. Then I too could be the cool kid.
Now that’s better.

All good.

If you look closely, you’ll see a little fairy anointing the rainbow poop with her fairy dust.

I need a new avatar anyway. This one has run its course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Frustrating game. It was right f***ing there, very winnable. Really thought they were going to get a point or two after battling back. Nice game from Leivo, good to see Krug get a goal and the PP play well.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
giving up goals in bunches is killing these guys.. that HAS to stop. I've never seen a team do this over and over and...

Reactions: mk80

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The people getting stressed out over this team need to relax. this team is not very good so just stop expecting them to be anything else than mediocre. There is a reason many of us picked 1 and done at most for this team. They simply are not a good TEAM and they have too many people who refuse to or are unable to play effective two way hockey. Krug and Kyrou along with ROR, Schenn and Faulk are the main reasons this team is total dog shit as they all are severely underperforming.

This team has not played like a team since last fall during this time when they had massive injuries and covid. Since then, look at all the people they have traded or moved. This is not the same 2019 team nor is it a likeable Blues team. They moved people like Sunny, Perron and Chuckie and replaced them with pumpkins. You went from Perron on second line with ROR to Leivo, who is a career AHLer. What did people think was going to happen?

If you want to be a team that rolls 3 or 4 lines, you better have people in the proper positions to succeed on those lines. The Blues lost their depth and as they do not have legit SUPERSTAR/TOPEND elite talent to carry them, you are seeing the results. Tarasenko is not the same player he was before he got hurt years ago, ROR is clearly on the downside of his career and nobody else is even close to be a superstar.

This team needs a retool and the best way to speed this up so it does not last multiple years is to move what you can get and pile as many assets as you can which can then either be moved for players or bank them for the future. They did the same thing in 2017 and 2018 with Shattenkirk and Stastny being moved. Also, just because you move them does not mean you can't resign them in the offseason like they did with Tkachuk and Weight.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
We didn't offer him an NTC like my previous post mentioned, so no we didn't.

I frankly don't care if [CENSORED] left or stayed. Like you say, his choice but it was a choice made by Army. If Army had offered the NTC and he left, then it's his choice.

Army decided to let him walk and then scrambled to find a solution. That's poor GMing. Had he been as good as folks thought he was, he would have traded him as a rental and worked out a solution. Instead, we got nothing. That's what irritates me. The worst kind of asset management.

He replaced him with Faulk and then he got the best LD available in the off season. I don't get how people don't understand this.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Fair enough.

Level-headed post even if I may disagree with you on Armstrong. If people wanna criticize certain moves he has made, that is perfectly fine. If people wanna claim that he's a bad general manager overall, then it's a bit hard for me to take that seriously. I listen to so many podcasts with former and current players, media types and other hockey people and pretty much everyone speaks very highly of Armstrong. There is nothing a fan can say to persuade me that all of those people are wrong in their assessment.

No GM has a 100% success rate with signings and trades. What I do know is that since 2010 the Blues have the 5th best record in the NHL, have made the playoffs in all but 3 seasons (only 4 teams have more appearances in that time span) and he had a huge part in building the team that brought us our first ever championship. It would take a LOT of horrible mistakes to come close to canceling all of that out in my eyes, though I understand why fans are frustrated right now. As a fan, I am far more grateful for the good things he has done during his tenure than angry about the handful of mistakes he may have made. But that's just me.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
This team just doesn't have the ability to turn on that boost and steal close games anymore. The only way we win is if Binny turns in an above average game and the other team takes the night off. This is exactly what teams are like when they are average. I don't want to completely tank the season yet. We still need Tank and ROR to keep up performance or it hurts their trade value at the TDL. In a month's time I think we'll see about where we're lining up to be. That's also around the time that the TDL chatter will start. Picks and prospects; that's all I want to see come out of the TDL this year. Hopefully, we are looking at a top ten OA pick as well at the draft. Next year will be tough, but there's no way we are replacing Tank and ROR's production in the offseason without massive overpayment, aged wingers, or both. You only do that when your window is open right now. It's time to start the transition back to youth.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Level-headed post even if I may disagree with you on Armstrong. If people wanna criticize certain moves he has made, that is perfectly fine. If people wanna claim that he's a bad general manager overall, then it's a bit hard for me to take that seriously. I listen to so many podcasts with former and current players, media types and other hockey people and pretty much everyone speaks very highly of Armstrong. There is nothing a fan can say to persuade me that all of those people are wrong in their assessment.

No GM has a 100% success rate with signings and trades. What I do know is that since 2010 the Blues have the 5th best record in the NHL, have made the playoffs in all but 3 seasons (only 4 teams have more appearances in that time span) and he had a huge part in building the team that brought us our first ever championship. It would take a LOT of horrible mistakes to come close to canceling all of that out in my eyes, though I understand why fans are frustrated right now. As a fan, I am far more grateful for the good things he has done during his tenure than angry about the handful of mistakes he may have made. But that's just me.
100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad