Proposal: MTL & STL

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
A slight LD upgrade isn't worth Bolduc. Evans is nice, but a 4th liner isn't going to move the needle for the Blues.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
View attachment 564824

Bolduc scored more goals in the regular season than any player in the CHL (not just the Q) that started the season as an 18 year old or younger, including some dude named Connor Bedard. He would be no one's consolation prize.

The point being "completely and utterly missed" in this thread is that most Blues fans (and probably their management, frankly) believe that this team is a 22-24 minutes, all situation, mobile LHD away from Cup contention. You don't trade away your best organizational prospect for what would essentially be an upgrade on your bottom D pair when you still haven't filled your one need yet.

View attachment 564825

Going up to the Montreal fanbase, who watches the Q more than anyone else and arguing that Bolduc in fact had a better season and is a better prospect than Joshua Roy, who is younger, finished ahead of Bolduc in both points and in QMJHL All Star voting is an interesting take. He's a good prospect, but your sell is WAY too hard given what he's actually done.

I get that St. Louis wouldn't want to do it, but it makes no sense for Montreal either.

I didn't miss the point at all. It was quite clear that you don't see the value of moving a 4th line C and a 3rd pairing LHD for a return that includes Bolduc, as you stated "Unless you think Bolduc has a realistic path at being a 1st line center, its not worth it." And I'm pointing out that Evans and Edmundson aren't the players teams trade for in exchange for a player with a realistic path to being 1st line C

You're right, I don't. Given the D market of the past few years and Edmundson's reputation around the NHL, Montreal could probably get a better deal at 50%. There's also issues to retaining on him.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Going up to the Montreal fanbase, who watches the Q more than anyone else and arguing that Bolduc in fact had a better season and is a better prospect than Joshua Roy, who is younger, finished ahead of Bolduc in both points and in QMJHL All Star voting is an interesting take. He's a good prospect, but your sell is WAY too hard given what he's actually done.

I get that St. Louis wouldn't want to do it, but it makes no sense for Montreal either.

You're right, I don't. Given the D market of the past few years and Edmundson's reputation around the NHL, Montreal could probably get a better deal at 50%. There's also issues to retaining on him.
Craig Button has an article with his top 50 prospects, which came out on April 12th.

Note Bolduc at 16 and Roy at 38.

Now who should I believe the Habs fan base who watch the Q more than anyone else, or Button?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Craig Button has an article with his top 50 prospects, which came out on April 12th.

Now who should I believe the Habs fan base who watch the Q more than anyone else, or Button?
I am not sure why us Blues fans are even bothering to argue. Just ignore the garbage proposal and move on, or just say no thank you. not going to get anywhere.

Reactions: Blueston

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal <-- Bolduc, Scandella

St. Louis <-- Evans, Edmundson (50% ret.)

Habs get a C prospect from Quebec who was taken 17th in the 2021 draft, and a veteran LD and Montreal native who may be needed in a leadership role during the rebuild if Petry and Savard are dealt

Blues land a versatile bottom 6 forward signed long term on a team-friendly deal, and a top 4 LD in Edmundson at half his cap hit. They also shed the final 2 years of Scandella's deal
Don't want Scandella and have no interest in retaining 50% so pass.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010

Do me a favour, and peruse his top-50 prospects from years past and reconsider how seriously you should take them.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Do me a favour, and peruse his top-50 prospects from years past and reconsider how seriously you should take them.
Look, i have also loved the Habs since I was a kid. My dream final would be the Blues beating the Habs in OT. I was rooting for them over the Lightning.

That being said, your claiming that Roy is better due to Habs fans watching the Q more than others is one of the most foolish things I’ve seen on this forum. Than claiming you guys know more than a very respected hockey person makes it even worse. Guess what, not every prospect pans out, not every low rated one doesn’t pan out. I guarantee if I look at Habs fans rankings I’ll see a lot of misses. You know like people saying LeBlanc would be on the first line in 2013.

Ill take Button over fans any day,.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Wow just imagine Button is NEVER WRONG.
You keep your 88 pt prospect and we will keep our 102 pt prospect.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Wow just imagine Button is NEVER WRONG.
You keep your 88 pt prospect and we will keep our 102 pt prospect.
Wow! Imagine you claiming I said things I’ve never said. Fine keep Roy and we’ll keep Bolduc. I guess we’ll see in ten years who turned out to be the better player. Either way this thread is stupid as the Blues aren’t trading Bolduc for anything less than a ready right now, stud.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Look, i have also loved the Habs since I was a kid. My dream final would be the Blues beating the Habs in OT. I was rooting for them over the Lightning.

That being said, your claiming that Roy is better due to Habs fans watching the Q more than others is one of the most foolish things I’ve seen on this forum. Than claiming you guys know more than a very respected hockey person makes it even worse. Guess what, not every prospect pans out, not every low rated one doesn’t pan out. I guarantee if I look at Habs fans rankings I’ll see a lot of misses. You know like people saying LeBlanc would be on the first line in 2013.

Ill take Button over fans any day,.

I'm not claiming he's better because Habs fans watched him more, I'm not even arguing that Roy is a valuable prospect. I'm saying he had a better season because he statistically had a better season and was voted to the QMJHL all star team ahead of Bolduc.

I would dearly love if Button was better at projecting prospects because he's had Habs prospects ranked much higher than other publications in the past, but his lists rarely age all that well. If you want to appeal to his authority then that's up to you. The fact of the matter is that Bolduc is progressing as expected as a mid 1st rounder, he's not suddenly some blue chip prospect. This is the Q we're talking about here.

Reactions: viceroy

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
With Perron signed, true.
However he's also clearly ahead of anyone after that.
With his speed and versatility, he's not someone you necessarily go out of your way to get, but he's quality depth. Little bit like Lehkonen but at center.
wait.. are you saying Evans is better than anyone the Blues has other than Perron??

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I'm not claiming he's better because Habs fans watched him more, I'm not even arguing that Roy is a valuable prospect. I'm saying he had a better season because he statistically had a better season and was voted to the QMJHL all star team ahead of Bolduc.

I would dearly love if Button was better at projecting prospects because he's had Habs prospects ranked much higher than other publications in the past, but his lists rarely age all that well. If you want to appeal to his authority then that's up to you. The fact of the matter is that Bolduc is progressing as expected as a mid 1st rounder, he's not suddenly some blue chip prospect. This is the Q we're talking about here.
You literally said:
Going up to the Montreal fanbase, who watches the Q more than anyone else and arguing that Bolduc in fact had a better season and is a better prospect than Joshua Roy, who is younger, finished ahead of Bolduc in both points and in QMJHL All Star voting is an interesting take.

That is a pretty implication that you think that Habs fans have more knowledge and that Roy is a better prospect.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
You literally said:
Going up to the Montreal fanbase, who watches the Q more than anyone else and arguing that Bolduc in fact had a better season and is a better prospect than Joshua Roy, who is younger, finished ahead of Bolduc in both points and in QMJHL All Star voting is an interesting take.

That is a pretty implication that you think that Habs fans have more knowledge and that Roy is a better prospect.

Sure, if you ignore the bolded.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
LOL you better change that inital offer then
Why? Now it’s fair value for each team and meets some of the needs of St Louis.

Romanov for Bolduc is how that shakes out. I suspect that gives the Blues pause.

After re-signing Perron, he'd be your 10th best forward.
Injury during the season, etc. He's good depth and relatively cheap.
Edmundson is still much better then Scandella at this point.
They are pretty much the same player, but Scandella doesn't have the physicality.

'may' haha no way the habs touch this
If the Blues have no use or value on Evans, which seems obvious… Habs have to trade someone the Blues do value and want in a deal that adds Bolduc to Montreal. Simple as that.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010

Romanov for Bolduc is how that shakes out. I suspect that gives the Blues pause.

If the Blues have no use or value on Evans, which seems obvious… Habs have to trade someone the Blues do value and want in a deal that adds Bolduc to Montreal. Simple as that.

I think its pretty clear that Habs don't have a clear reason to want Bolduc all that badly.

Are you getting dizzy from all of the spinning you’re doing?

Im done, it’s clear you have no desire to hear anything other than, “Captain Mountain is right.”

What spinning? Roy had a better season and he's younger. What is there to spin?

mab894

Nov 27, 2017

I would make this trade as a Blues fan. Wouldn't even consider the initial offer

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Are you getting dizzy from all of the spinning you’re doing?

Im done, it’s clear you have no desire to hear anything other than, “Captain Mountain is right.”
But he is right. It right in front of your eyes if you bother reading what he said.

Reactions: Samhockey3

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I know a big chunk of the Habs fan base hates to actually consider the other side’s needs or equal value but everyone else isn’t interested in all the lopsided Habs fans proposals.

Evans doesn’t fit any of the Blues needs or wants. So insert a player that would.

Which means Habs fans jump to include Armia of course.

I think its pretty clear that Habs don't have a clear reason to want Bolduc all that badly.

What spinning? Roy had a better season and he's younger. What is there to spin?
And the Blues don’t have a clear reason to want Evans. Or Edmundson. Like the Blues need another slow, lumbering big D man in their bottom pair. This team has Parayko, Burtuzzo and Mikkola.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I know a big chunk of the Habs fan base hates to actually consider the other side’s needs or equal value but everyone else isn’t interested in all the lopsided Habs fans proposals.

Evans doesn’t fit any of the Blues needs or wants. So insert a player that would.

I get that you seem to have this strange vendetta against the Habs, but when you consistently jump into proposal's created by someone who is a fan of neither team and immediately state that the trade is terrible for the non-Habs team and then shit all over Habs fans, it kind of makes one wonder if you can actually impartial.

And the Blues don’t have a clear reason to want Evans.

Cool? OP's proposal makes no sense for either team, I'm not sure why making it worse for Montreal suddenly makes it better.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Montreal isn't looking to trade Romanov. The OP is unrealistic, so is your proposal.

Reactions: viceroy and pth2

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Montreal isn't looking to trade Romanov. The OP is unrealistic, so is your proposal.
The OP isn’t unrealistic, it’s garbage for St. Louis. Call it what it is. Trash.

Yet Another Habs centric proposal that is a clear win for the Habs that doesn’t consider the other team’s needs or provide them any sort of reasonable value for what they part with.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The point is that there's no reason for Montreal to trade Evans and Edmundson at 50% for C/W 2021 Draft QMJHL prospect

OP's proposal makes no sense for either team

Look how dogmatic your responses are, giving your opinion as if it's a fact

There's merit to the trade for both sides, otherwise I wouldn't have proposed it

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The OP isn’t unrealistic, it’s garbage for St. Louis. Call it what it is. Trash.

Yet Another Habs centric proposal that is a clear win for the Habs that doesn’t consider the other team’s needs or provide them any sort of reasonable value for what they part with.
Maybe you should avoid montreal thread that doesn't involve your team. Might be good for your health and everyone's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad