Proposal: MTL Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I dont see what the hate is all about, but then again I don't know much about that Xavier guy.

Chiarot should return a first. Whether that's a potential lottery first (Oilers) is probably out of the question. We could put some conditions in the first.

Allen is probably more of a 2nd round pick or 2nd rd pick level prospect. I don't know nothing about the kid in the trade so I won't comment.

The koskinen or Smith cap dump I suspect is there to balance the books a little.

Chia has been a beast under MSL and is proven in the playoffs.

Allen is an upgrade over what you have in net.

Bourgault’s probably the best piece in the deal depending where the Oilers pick is. He’s a similar level prospect to Guhle for reference.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We help you, you help us.

To Edmonton: Jake Allen + Ben Chairot

To Montreal: 2022 1st + Xavier Bourgault + Koskinen or Smith's contract

And for the Oilers fans thinking Allen isnt better than Smith and Koskinen, I can guarentee you he easily is.
Yeah right, Oilers never go for that.

In all seriousness, when Allen or Price comes back Oilers should offer Habs a pick for Hammond. A shot in the dark but if he gets hot could steal a series or two. Hammond has looked good since call up

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ok...probably not a piece you guys want to part with. Makes sense

Yeah, the reference for Bourgault being around a Guhle level prospect (who I love as a D prospect) is about fair.

Bourgault’s stock has definitely risen post draft. He looked really good in camp with the Oilers and leading up to the WJC. Unfortunately injuries and the QMJHL stoppage slowed down the pace he was on.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
From 18-19 season to present

allen - .909 sv%
Koskinen - .907 sv%

I guess that’s an improvement but not one worth paying much for. Not gonna bother with smith because injuries and age finally caught up to him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
You aren't getting a 1st and top prospect for a goalie worse than Koskinen.

4b2920a0b2c860b9401ed8ae44cfde5e.png

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Whether its this deal or another one I hope The Oilers do something. The thought of another wasted year of McDrai is sickening to me......
I don’t disagree but I don’t see a lot of actual upgrades out there that can be had. Allen is lateral from koskinen and as you can see here the expectation is a 2nd for that. It isn’t worth a good pick to maybe get 1 extra save every couple games

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
At this point hold tight. You aren’t filling all the holes. Hopefully Holloway, Broberg etc can make an impact next year. Find a legit goalie that will be a long-term solution

If they happen to deal Broberg, Bourgault and or 2022 1st this year it should be for a long-term piece not just some quick fix to salvage this year because it likely won’t turn out well

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
At this point hold tight. You aren’t filling all the holes. Hopefully Holloway, Broberg etc can make an impact next year. Find a legit goalie that will be a long-term solution

If they happen to deal Broberg, Bourgault and or 2022 1st this year it should be for a long-term piece not just some quick fix to salvage this year because it likely won’t turn out well
I agree with this. There is nothing out there that will fix the Oilers need for a bonafide starting goaltender. Getting a capable backup may cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick but won't change the Oilers chances of making the playoffs let alone competing. Oilers are not competing with Koskinen as the starter.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I don’t disagree but I don’t see a lot of actual upgrades out there that can be had. Allen is lateral from koskinen and as you can see here the expectation is a 2nd for that. It isn’t worth a good pick to maybe get 1 extra save every couple games

Yup

At some point it can no longer be about the futures. They have to win now or at least make serious progress

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Two firsts and an expiring contract for Chiarot and Jake frickin Allen??

go get stuffed

In a redraft I think Bourgault goes around 12 to 15 OA maybe even sooner . Edmonton is also currently out of a playoff spot . No GM in NHL history would give up 2 mid 1st for Jake Allen and Chiarot with 1 first possible being higher . Counter offer . Kassian + Koskinen for Price at 50% if he coming back and can play . Helps you , Helps us . You can re sign Koskinen and run with Koskinen - Allen after all it's what you want us to run with .

Reactions: bucks_oil

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Counter offer . Kassian + Koskinen for Price at 50% if he coming back and can play . .

How does eating 5.25M of dead cap and taking on Kassian's bloated contract, and having a gaping hole in net help the Habs? If the Habs are eating 50%, there are 1st round picks coming back (assuming Price comes back and plays quality netminding).

That trade proposal was not thought out at all.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Ok, so lets do that. Habs agree to not trade ANYBODY to the oil due to the OIL FANS. Habs will just let the oilers shop somewhere else.
After all why should the OIL give more then a bag of pucks for ANY hab since the Habs have the worst team in history and is coached by a peewee coach.

From what I see it a case of the OIL fans have never moved on from the Gretsky years. The Oil were blessed with the best player EVER, ( good for them )
they had their run, but thats what ? 23 years ago, get over it. your current players are not 23 Gretsky's. Clearly the OIL need better d-men ( see game last night) Of course Habs will get as much as they can for ANY player others want and see what the bidding does. What I find crazy is the OIL FANS that feel insulted over the fact Habs want the best deal ( how dare they want so much for a bag of pucks player) but when it your player ( it's a Gretsky )
All you have to do is wait till you actually see who get who and for what, just wait the 2 weeks. No need to call ANYBODY " Garbage" or some such term.

It's always amusing when people write tangents like this after feeling personally insulted by the response of the team they're attempting to bend over while telling them "you're welcome"

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Two things
First , Montreal is in no position to help any team with goaltending. Allen hasn’t played in quite some time. No one is giving up a significant piece for him right now.

Second. Chairot likely is exactly what Edmonton needs, but Oilers fans here have made it clear that they’re not willing to give up what the asking price will be, so there’s no sense beating a dead horse. Let them ride out the next few weeks and see what their GM is actually willing to do

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Two things
First , Montreal is in no position to help any team with goaltending. Allen hasn’t played in quite some time. No one is giving up a significant piece for him right now.

Second. Chairot likely is exactly what Edmonton needs, but Oilers fans here have made it clear that they’re not willing to give up what the asking price will be, so there’s no sense beating a dead horse. Let them ride out the next few weeks and see what their GM is actually willing to do
What Edmonton needs and what they are willing to part with in terms of assets are incompatible. Oilers will likely ride out the season with what they have plus some minor additions at the TDL.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
We help you, you help us.

To Edmonton: Jake Allen + Ben Chairot

To Montreal: 2022 1st + Xavier Bourgault + Koskinen or Smith's contract

And for the Oilers fans thinking Allen isnt better than Smith and Koskinen, I can guarentee you he easily is.

No thanks. It would have to be a long term solution to give up those 2 assets

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Ok, so lets do that. Habs agree to not trade ANYBODY to the oil due to the OIL FANS. Habs will just let the oilers shop somewhere else.
After all why should the OIL give more then a bag of pucks for ANY hab since the Habs have the worst team in history and is coached by a peewee coach.

From what I see it a case of the OIL fans have never moved on from the Gretsky years. The Oil were blessed with the best player EVER, ( good for them )
they had their run, but thats what ? 23 years ago, get over it. your current players are not 23 Gretsky's. Clearly the OIL need better d-men ( see game last night) Of course Habs will get as much as they can for ANY player others want and see what the bidding does. What I find crazy is the OIL FANS that feel insulted over the fact Habs want the best deal ( how dare they want so much for a bag of pucks player) but when it your player ( it's a Gretsky )
All you have to do is wait till you actually see who get who and for what, just wait the 2 weeks. No need to call ANYBODY " Garbage" or some such term.

OP wants the first that’s been discussed for Chiarot. Adding Allen who isn’t playing for Koskinen who’s a UFA isn’t worth a prospect like Bourgault. If you think it is, yeah do us fans a favour and find another team to sucker. The prosposal is garbage. Go do your pity cry about us to someone else

Reactions: spaghtti

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
How does eating 5.25M of dead cap and taking on Kassian's bloated contract, and having a gaping hole in net help the Habs? If the Habs are eating 50%, there are 1st round picks coming back (assuming Price comes back and plays quality netminding).

That trade proposal was not thought out at all.

The point was to show how bad the OP was . I guess it flew above your head . Is that you Smith ? Still letting everything get by you :D

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Hey, what a fresh and exciting proposal, not like this exact proposal with these exact pieces for that exact return hasn’t been proposed five dozen freaking times already.

Koskinen has a .922 SV% in Edmonton’s last 20 games. He’s not a dump. Smith is, but on no planet is taking him and sending Jake Allen back worth Bourgault. You are outside your mind.

You aren’t getting the equivalent of two firsts for Chiarot and Allen. Not even from Kenny Vaccums. Hard no, easy pass, find some other schmuck.
20 games? That’s roughly the same sample size before he received his contract. I’d be riding how he has done those 20 games for sure.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
In a redraft I think Bourgault goes around 12 to 15 OA maybe even sooner . Edmonton is also currently out of a playoff spot . No GM in NHL history would give up 2 mid 1st for Jake Allen and Chiarot with 1 first possible being higher . Counter offer . Kassian + Koskinen for Price at 50% if he coming back and can play . Helps you , Helps us . You can re sign Koskinen and run with Koskinen - Allen after all it's what you want us to run with .
So 2 cap dump of players that are AHL caliver for an actual starter? Yah lol Habs won't take 2 AHLer and reraon 50% of Price contracr for nothing

A #1 as a UFA wouls cost the Oil around 6M$ a year. Good luck fotting that under your cap.

Reactions: viceroy

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I understand your point, it becomes a matter of priorities, can Holland risks to waste another season of McDrai and do nothing though?

He shouldn't piss away top assets for mid level replacements. That won't help the Oilers in the short term or the long term.

1st + Bourgault should be used for a legit starter, not a back up and a pending UFA mid pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad