Proposal: MTL - NYR Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Trading max pac, the 4th or 5th best goal scorer in the league, who actually is a great leader and hard physical player ( PK fans blame him for getting voted captain by his teammates), AND WHO IS ALSO SIGNED TIL 2019 AT 4.5, for mcD the #1 D who has broken 10 goals and 40 points once in his career.... would BE THE EPITOME OF STUPID.

then you throw in 8 mil nash who both sucked ass and was injured last year....

Emelin is a perfectly good dman. much better than girardi or staal.

Rangers would take this in a flash, regardless of the fact their d would be even more screwed. they're NY, they can just get the next big ufa dman that comes around or trade for shatty or whatever. max pacs dont come around and they dont get traded.

I would venture to say that "#1" defensemen get traded more often than current top 5 goal scorers. I thought stamkos would be traded, wanted it so bad lol. shoulda known better.

McDonagh is an incredible rearguard.

Emelin isn't a number 1 or 2 so he doesn't help the Rangers.

Pacioretty/McDonagh value wise is fair. Needs wise it's a complete mess for both teams.

The value is tilted in Montreal's way.

Nash<<Pacioretty
Emelin<<<<<McDonagh

Nash for Emelin isn't fair value wise & NYR need Nash a hell of a lot more than Emelin.

Rangers don't take this in a flash. McDonagh's point totals don't matter. It's his defensive capabilities. Let's also look at the garbage he's surrounded with on that D core.

You think if he wasn't playing with Subban or Weber that he'd hit 50-55 points?

I really don't understand what you're trying to prove here.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
McDonagh is an incredible rearguard.

Emelin isn't a number 1 or 2 so he doesn't help the Rangers.

Pacioretty/McDonagh value wise is fair. Needs wise it's a complete mess for both teams.

The value is tilted in Montreal's way.

Nash<<Pacioretty
Emelin<<<<<McDonagh

Nash for Emelin isn't fair value wise & NYR need Nash a hell of a lot more than Emelin.

Rangers don't take this in a flash. McDonagh's point totals don't matter. It's his defensive capabilities. Let's also look at the garbage he's surrounded with on that D core.

You think if he wasn't playing with Subban or Weber that he'd hit 50-55 points?

I really don't understand what you're trying to prove here.
he wont ever score 50 points a year cuz hes not that type of D man. he might once or twice but not thruout his career.

Btw emelin has and prob should have more value than nash when u consider nash is payed at 8M$. No way any team would want to acquire himm even for free. And im sure emelin has some kind of value esp after this year's off season.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
he wont ever score 50 points a year cuz hes not that type of D man. he might once or twice but not thruout his career.

Btw emelin has and prob should have more value than nash when u consider nash is payed at 8M$. No way any team would want to acquire himm even for free. And im sure emelin has some kind of value esp after this year's off season.

I'd take Nash at $7.8M and hope for a rebound year in Montreal over Emelin at $4.1M.

Last year was an off year for Nash. Teams would be lining up to take Nash at even 50%.

Nash has value. 1 bad season doesn't equal him being a cap dump. It was the same with Emelin in 2014-15. He played like he was an AHL player at $4.1M. This season he rebounded.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Pacioretty for McDonah straight up is fair to me. The matter with the OP is considering Nash as a throw in to balance for Emelin, who's value is zero at this point. Take out Nash and Emelin, it's a fair deal. Wouldn't do it because it hurts us a lot offensively for an immediate help first defensive pair that we will get in a year or two... and obviously Rangers wouldn't either because they would rather keep a great young defenseman than getting help up front at this point.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd take Nash at $7.8M and hope for a rebound year in Montreal over Emelin at $4.1M.

Last year was an off year for Nash. Teams would be lining up to take Nash at even 50%.

Nash has value. 1 bad season doesn't equal him being a cap dump. It was the same with Emelin in 2014-15. He played like he was an AHL player at $4.1M. This season he rebounded.

you dont realize who nash is. No one will take him at 8M$. At 4M$ thats completely different.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
you dont realize who nash is. No one will take him at 8M$. At 4M$ thats completely different.

Actually I realize exactly who Nash is. I've been a massive fan of his since he entered the league. Same with Gaborik. They were 2 of my favourite players forever.

Nash'll bounce back. You just said no team will want to acquire him for free, so which is it?

He's 32 and a constant producer with 1 outlier year. On ice he wasn't near as bad as his numbers show.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

The year before this past down year he was 1st/2nd in the NHL scoring race all year, but obviously that means nothing. 42 goals and solid two way play is definitely a cap dump.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Trading max pac, the 4th or 5th best goal scorer in the league, who actually is a great leader and hard physical player AND WHO IS ALSO SIGNED TIL 2019 AT 4.5, for mcD the #1 D who has broken 10 goals and 40 points once in his career.... would BE THE EPITOME OF STUPID.

Rangers would take this in a flash, regardless of the fact their d would be even more screwed. they're NY, they can just get the next big ufa dman that comes around or trade for shatty or whatever. max pacs dont come around and they dont get traded.

I would venture to say that "#1" defensemen get traded more often than current top 5 goal scorers. I thought stamkos would be traded, wanted it so bad lol. shoulda known better.

The Rangers don't make this trade. They lose both their best defenseman and their best forward. Pax is a great player, McD is more valuable to the Rangers. Emelin is useless to us when we have both G and Staal still in the system.

Stamkos was an uber high priced UFA, that had something to do with him not being traded.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Trading max pac, the 4th or 5th best goal scorer in the league, who actually is a great leader and hard physical player ( PK fans blame him for getting voted captain by his teammates), AND WHO IS ALSO SIGNED TIL 2019 AT 4.5, for mcD the #1 D who has broken 10 goals and 40 points once in his career.... would BE THE EPITOME OF STUPID.

then you throw in 8 mil nash who both sucked ass and was injured last year....

Emelin is a perfectly good dman. much better than girardi or staal.

First off, Max is not a great leader. Closer to the opposite.
Secondly, the Rangers would be stupid to "take this in a flash" as it does nothing for them.
The trade proposed in the OP is very heavily tilted to Montreal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure I can imagine our defense this season without McDonagh. We're already playing shorthanded with what we have.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Just awful for the Rangers. Wouldn't deal McD for Pax and sure as hell wouldn't deal Nash for Emelin

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Let's see

Pacioretty is good

Emelin is not good

Nash is good

McDonagh is good

Gonna have to go with no on this one.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Mcdonagh aint going nowhere, (Y)Emelin is a dime-a-dozen D,
rather have Markhov for year to mentor Buch,
and any trade with Montreal is a waste if it doesn't bring back McCarron

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Actually I realize exactly who Nash is. I've been a massive fan of his since he entered the league. Same with Gaborik. They were 2 of my favourite players forever.

Nash'll bounce back. You just said no team will want to acquire him for free, so which is it?

He's 32 and a constant producer with 1 outlier year. On ice he wasn't near as bad as his numbers show.

dude, at 8M$ no one will acquire him for free, meaning they wont pick him up, say the price was a 7th round pick cuz of his salary.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Let's see

Pacioretty is good

Emelin is not good

Nash is good

McDonagh is good

Gonna have to go with no on this one.

emelin is actually good if u cared to watch some games. He is good at what he does, stay at home physical defenseman. Dont look at his stats, points and goals. He isnt that.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
emelin is actually good if u cared to watch some games. He is good at what he does, stay at home physical defenseman. Dont look at his stats, points and goals. He isnt that.

Compared to the other three players, Emelin is not good.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
To NYR:
Pacioretty $4.5 until 18-19
Emelin $4.1 until 17-18

To MTL:
McDonagh $4.7 until 18-19
Nash (50% retained) $3.9 until 17-18

Have included Emelin to make the cash work, but I believe Beaulieu could be included with a cap dump as an alternative if necessary.

I'd give pacman for doughboy a thought or two...no ****ing way rangers do this though lol why would they get rid of their captain, and best defence man ?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Good at getting burned wide by fast wingers.

Also good at getting hit:

Right, cuz hes not the only one that makes mistakes. lmao, so dumb. Yes, hes not amazing, but to call him terrible is not true at all. Coming from a fan that wants to see him gone, but even I have to agree he was very useful and good last year.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
how about

Emelin, Juulsen, 1st 17 for nash @ 25% retain

The only thing stopping me from seriously considering this is the logjam we'd have on LD with no real need for Emelin. At that $4.1 cap hit, I'd rather take my chances with Staal for a million more and a few more years.

McDonagh
Staal
Skjei
Holden
Graves

We're kind of okay at LD, though I'd like to swap Staal for more of a mobile PMD type.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The only thing stopping me from seriously considering this is the logjam we'd have on LD with no real need for Emelin. At that $4.1 cap hit, I'd rather take my chances with Staal for a million more and a few more years.

McDonagh
Staal
Skjei
Holden
Graves

We're kind of okay at LD, though I'd like to swap Staal for more of a mobile PMD type.

i see! wasnt realy aware of the LD depth, emelin was basicly a throw in for cap dump! would you consider taking desharnais as a cap dumb and retain a little more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad