Proposal: MTL & CLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
At $600,000 per goal, Columbus probably takes this and runs. Laine has no value. Exactly why he hasn’t been traded this summer.
Laine can't be spoken to by teams as he is still in the Players Assistance Program. While he can be traded, teams are likely to want to speak with him first. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. What you said is moronic quite frankly.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If he is a bad asset, why do you (not you personally) want him? To get rid of your bad contract and take part of his salary? Waddell said Patrik will only traded if an offer comes in that management is happy with. If not, he'll start in Columbus.
That is ir Laine doesnt ask for a trade and holds out.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I don't see a bidding war occurring for an often injured guy, still in the NHL program and getting paid 8+ millions for the next 2 years.

I think the return will be very underwhelming for Columbus, especially without any retention.

Value is negative at this point IMO. I think they could waive him and there would be no taker at this salary.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
At $600,000 per goal, Columbus probably takes this and runs. Laine has no value. Exactly why he hasn’t been traded this summer.
Tell us you don't know what you're talking about without telling us you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't see a bidding war occurring for an often injured guy, still in the NHL program and getting paid 8+ millions for the next 2 years.

I think the return will be very underwhelming for Columbus, especially without any retention.

Value is negative at this point IMO. I think they could waive him and there would be no taker at this salary.
The hot takes in this thread are amazing.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Tell us you don't know what you're talking about without telling us you don't know what you're talking about.

Every Laine conversation with another fanbase is always “We want him real bad and will put him on our top line immediately but we wouldn’t give you a stolen seventh round pick for him, why would you think a top line talent gets you more than that you silly philistine from a city that shouldn’t even be in the NHL???”

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

I said "at this point". If he returns healthy, plays 20 games and proves his head is in a good place, it's different.

What do you think he'll fetch? I read Waddell wanted a hockey trade, but seem now to expect picks/futures.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, exactly

That is ir Laine doesnt ask for a trade and holds out.
Holds out? Come on man... A) he's already asked for a trade B) Columbus has agreed to work on a trade C) you hold out, you get zero and can run the risk of losing your contract and that guaranteed money D) Laine isn't that type of person.

Are you looking for the NFL thread maybe?

Reactions: CBJx614

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Yeah that's a bit of a tough one for us. It'd be better to keep Savard for at least half the year. I doubt Savard+ even gets close for your side either, right? We likely don't have what you'd be wanting.

Can I interest you in some scraps instead? :naughty:
We can still arrange 3way trade.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
* Laine with no retention

for

* Barron: NHL ready and rare RD with size/skating/shot.

* Kapanen: Prospect who has been playing against men in the SHL and is trending very well. True type center who can play a solid 200' game. Doubt many Habs fans want to trade him but you got to give to get. We just drafted Hage so we have depth at center in our pool now.

* Mesar: B type prospect with potential. Has to get physically stronger IMO. First pro season coming and I think he needs 1 or 2 AHL years. Might make the Jackets roster faster than the Habs roster.

* Anderson: NHL contract because we are not asking for retention on Laine. Anderson is someone the Jackets can play higher in the line-up and possibly flip him at a TDL for futures. I don't see Anderson playing top 6 with the Habs this year. He would be somewhat familiar with Monahan.

Barron and Kapanen are two players that could burn the Habs by trading them. If the Jackets want more, I pass. This is the highest I go.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
* Laine with no retention

for

* Barron: NHL ready and rare RD with size/skating/shot.

* Kapanen: Prospect who has been playing against men in the SHL and is trending very well. True type center who can play a solid 200' game. Doubt many Habs fans want to trade him but you got to give to get. We just drafted Hage so we have depth at center in our pool now.

* Mesar: B type prospect with potential. Has to get physically stronger IMO. First pro season coming and I think he needs 1 or 2 AHL years. Might make the Jackets roster faster than the Habs roster.

* Anderson: NHL contract because we are not asking for retention on Laine. Anderson is someone the Jackets can play higher in the line-up and possibly flip him at a TDL for futures. I don't see Anderson playing top 6 with the Habs this year. He would be somewhat familiar with Monahan.

Barron and Kapanen are two players that could burn the Habs by trading them. If the Jackets want more, I pass. This is the highest I go.
Problem with that is it doesn't do anything for Columbus. Maybe the "value" is enough, but it doesn't address their needs at all.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Laine can't be spoken to by teams as he is still in the Players Assistance Program. While he can be traded, teams are likely to want to speak with him first. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. What you said is moronic quite frankly.
How long has he been in the program? Aren’t those things 21-28 days usually? Feels like he’s been there for 3-5 months now

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Kind of funny reading this topic. Montreal trying to rip off CBJ while shit talking the player. If he sucks so much, why the f*** do you guys want him?

“Let’s offer you a bunch of dogshit for a player we expect will produce similarly for us”

I’m not talking to all of you, just some.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Kind of funny reading this topic. Montreal trying to rip off CBJ while shit talking the player. If he sucks so much, why the f*** do you guys want him?

“Let’s offer you a bunch of dogshit for a player we expect will produce similarly for us”

Should put this post in the dictionary right beside the word “disingenuous”
We really don’t.
Remember how long it took for Price?
30 days I believe. He didn’t come back because he was injured

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

It's also funny reading the comments like these two teams didn't start their rebuilds at the exact same time and manage to build up pretty similar prospect pools, with NHL rosters that are more similar than they aren't. But you know, Montreal is going to make the playoffs this season and Columbus will finish 32nd.

Reactions: 3074326 and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad