Proposal: MTL & CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
what do you mean , losing Mailloux, Mesar and CGY first makes us lost ?

You get lost mate
No i'm saying you are lost and your ability to talk about hockey players valuation on the trade forum is incredibly worrisome , I do hope you acquire the hockey knowledge to one day make interesting points/proposals/trades/player evaluations

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Rebuild is over, let's try to upgrade where we can.

Mailloux is a great player but with Reinbacher, Bodgan, Savard and with Anderson we can spare him.

Then #20 2025 + Mesar are what CGY needs for a rebuild.

I would even try to get Kadri in a bigger deal.

MTL : Mailloux + CGY first + Mesar + Dvorak + Pezz
for
CGY : Anderson + Kadri
If Conroy accepted that he should be fired 10 seconds after trade announced then checked in for rehab. Because any GM accepting that offer would have to be on something.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No he isn't. A blue chipper prospect is a can't miss prospect. The fact he was in the AHL at all means he's not a blue chipper if we're honest.

Also you guys drafted the piece of trash, you keep your human garbage.
Talk about hyperbole. You clearly have no idea what the whole issue was or what he's done since.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
That's a weak offer from the Habs.

The real offer here is the Florida pick around 27th OA, a B level dime a dozen guy in Mesar and a solid B+/A- guy in Mailloux with some bad noise around him that will always be in the background.

Easy no from the Flames if I'm their GM. I'd be a hard no on Mesar as part of the deal and I'd want the Habs 2025 1st instead. And someone/thing better than Mesar.

Habs 2025 1st (top 5 protected / assume ~13th OA value range) + Mailloux + better prospect than Mesar.
We are not going to give this package for Andersons.

Ledge And Dairy

Funny how people are 100% sure that CGY will finish top 10 in the draft.

Top 9 forwards are not bad at all.
Top 4 D is pretty good as well.

If they want to finish top 10 in the draft they need to start selling.
If not they might end up between #11 to #15 or around that.
Nobody is calling it 100%, it's just closer to a 90% thing. Since the Flames traded away Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev they went 7-14. Since then all they have done is trade their starting goaltender who was coming off a fantastic season, and all they have added since then is the depth defenseman Bahl. Mangaipane was basically replaced by Mantha and Kylington was by Bean, it's too early to call either of those upgrades or downgrades but I would lean towards downgrade at the moment.

If we look at all the teams that finished near or around them in the standings, they all made relatively significant upgrades to their rosters since the last trade deadline:
- The Habs added a top 6 forward and are expecting the return of Dach, they also likely have one of their young dmen make the team (my guess is Hutson).
- The Yotes (now Utah HC) added Sergachev and Marino.
- The Sens added a starting goalie and some forward depth. They lost chychrun but Jensen is great defensively which is what they needed the most.
- The Kraken added Stephenson and Montour, they also probably won't be playing with a core player injured all season long again.
- the Devils added a starting goalie (from the Flames) upgraded Marino to Pesce, and Bahl to Dillon. Also Dougie's back.
- The Sabres added forward depth and will have a full season with Byram now. They also got a new coach.
- Philly added Michkov and Minny re-added Spurgeon, but those 2 teams were still a fair bit ahead of Calgary in the standings

Sure you can probably make the argument that Calgary's young guys will take the next step but that same argument can be made about every team I mentioned above, and including teams like Chicago, Anaheim, and Columbus.

The Flames aren't going to go get blown out by the opposition like San Jose did last year. They will make games interesting but fundamentally they lack the star power to win on a consistent basis , and unless Wolf or Vladar catches lightning in a bottle they will probably average over 3 goals against per game and less than 3 for per game.

Reactions: dgibb10

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Nobody is calling it 100%, it's just closer to a 90% thing. Since the Flames traded away Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev they went 7-14. Since then all they have done is trade their starting....
Saying the Flames are 90% sure to be picking top 10 seems reasonable. Add a 5% chance Florida falls apart and becomes a lottery team, and it's 85% odds that Montreal gets Florida's pick, which would then be a pick in the 17 to 32 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad