Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Wow. We've moved a depth D whose main feature is to look like a Dumb and Dumber extra, and acquired a top 6 forward. AND we get a pick on top?

I don't even like Laine but that is really cheap. Even considering his salary, I am completely on board with this move.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
It’s definitely worth being optimistic over the trade, his history though makes it tough to agree with you that’s “there’s just as much of a chance that he clicks with all the young firepower we have and finds his groove again”

It’s his last chance in the NHL.
Last chance in the NHL is rather dramatic ya?

I mean he's a season removed from a PPG and his biggest issues were the unlucky injuries.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Not a fan for either team, but HABs clearly won this trade.

CBJ fans thought they could obtained better players, instead they included a 2nd (high) for disappointing DMan. :laugh:

Reactions: HabsQC

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
We got rid of a D(even if I've always liked Harris but, truth is, we have too many young defensement) and got a big winger who can score and wants to save himself? When we traded for Monahan, nobody saw his big contract. Only the bonus and the pick he brang with him. The same thing could be happening with Laine.

Wow, I'm really excited about this.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Fantastic move for Montreal. Can't lose, imo.

The fact that he was basically acquired for free should lead to lowered expectations, which I think is very needed too.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
How can you say that about a 2026 2nd lmao
It's pretty easy.

1. Columbus is early days in their rebuild. I expect them to be bottom 5 for a couple more seasons.
2. If Laine walks after 25-26, it was Harris for a 2nd. That's a deal I take most days.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
clever. you sound upset or worried..maybe both?

Not at all. I like Laine and would like to see him succeed.

Montreal doesn't look like it fits to me having watched him quite a while. You think he does. Time will tell. If/when it doesn't work out, the next thing to watch will be how long it takes he and his family to receive death threats from Montreal fans.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I get that he's got a pretty substantial cap hit, but only two years remaining. I'm surprised some of the other rebuilding teams didn't step up. He's only 26, and was still a point per game, 30 goal pace player the year before last, on a pretty thin roster.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Oh no a two year deal and we literally gave up nothing! Anyway…
I am not a fan of the habs, current rebuild or fanbase so this hurts to say but this a great add. Of course with how toxic this very woke demographic here, most will shit on him, the Habs and somehow the leafs and nucks will get shit on too, lol.

In all seriousness, Laine has the pedigree to be the best player that team if they don't stick him with Dach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad