Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Patrik Laine, '26 2nd for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Even with Laine's "value" at an all time low I still don't see how Columbus had to add here. Teams need to get on the Vegas school of cap f***ery and just pull the trigger. Actually, I'm surprised Vegas didn't put in an offer haha

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Imagine somebody two years ago proposing that the Jackets add a 2nd to Laine for Jordan Harris? My freaking lord

Even with Laine's issues, he was still roughly a 35 goal, PPG player (projected over 82 games) prior to last season and is still only 25. This is a zero risk, big reward deal for the Habs. They've been shooting for the fences lately with their moves and why the hell not. Columbus? Well.....

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Other fan bases will have their fingers crossed for this to happen for sure. But I think there's just as much of a chance that he clicks with all the young firepower we have and finds his groove again. I'm excited!
It’s definitely worth being optimistic over the trade, his history though makes it tough to agree with you that’s “there’s just as much of a chance that he clicks with all the young firepower we have and finds his groove again”

It’s his last chance in the NHL.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
People have to remember that this is the 2nd time he's asked for a trade (like PLD) and he seems to be hurt more than one would like.

If this was Laine 4 years ago that's a huge wtf are you thinking?

Now, it looks like a cap dump trade and it essentially is.

Maybe he works out for the Habs and I eat crow (was really against it on the Habs board), but I think it's more impressive if he plays 80+ games than scoring 30, or even 40 goals this season.

Habs probably need to shed a forward here now.
So Dvorak or Armia?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
wow this could be very good for montreal, if laine can return to form.

I have a question for habs fans, is it likely that they play both dach and newhook top 6 with one being RW, or are they gonna go Suzuki-Newhook-Dach down the middle.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf made great progress over the second half of the season. If Laine - Newhook - Dach can turn it up than that gives montreal a good offensive second line. Laine can really excel as a goal scorer if he can find his footing

not to mention the price wasn't too bad neither is the term of laine if this doesn't pan out, all around good trade for montreal IMO
Ideally Newhook would play on the wing. He was forced to play center last season due to a plethora of injuries and the trade of Monahan.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Wait Habs got the 2nd?!

Hughes robbed them
Tell me you don't understand the player Montreal is getting without telling me you don't understand the player Montreal is getting.

Hughes didn't rob anyone you got a player that hasn't played 82 games since 2019 with mental health issues that tries half the time on an 8.7 cap hit.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
The gambles that the Habs have taken in the last 2-3 years have been really smart and this could be genius.

If Laine plays 70-80 games he scores 60 points.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm probably the biggest Jordan Harris fan on this whole site because he's from my town... but that return is bad for CBJ and it's definitely a lot worse than what CBJ fans were saying the last month.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
At least we get paid to acquire those players. Wings like to sign them to long term contract. Different club, different strategies
At least you get paid that's your argument for picking up Laine and his shit contract? Yah that 2nd round is going to make a HUGE difference.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So how how many points does Laine have to get for him to be worth the value of his contract?
Too many. Probably needs to be healthy and near a PPG. My concern is his ask for his next contract. If he want to continue to be paid like a line driver and ask too much he will have to walk.

Maybe he got a reality check over the past 6 months and will have a reasonable ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad