MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Volume 6.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
People ripping Habs players? Damn who would've thought.
Yeah those idiots! Hope they're enjoying their crow now that Mete and Juulsen are taking the NHL by storm!

Crazy how everyone will agree the Habs have a top 3 prospect pool but then freak out when you rank their prospects high lmfao

Crazy that you can have a great prospect pool and still feel the need to overrate Joshua Roy to feel better about it.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
When did I do that exactly? You seem salty as hell
When did I say you did?

You seem self-focused as hell considering the whole discussion has literally been about OP being a homer and you somehow interpreted that comment as being about you.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Reinbacher at 8 is where you lose all credibility

Less egregious than Roy, honestly.

Though it's funny that OP believes Reinbacher is a Top 10 prospect (I honestly wouldn't argue too hard against it) after his D+1, but ranked Seider 25th after his D+1...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah those idiots! Hope they're enjoying their crow now that Mete and Juulsen are taking the NHL by storm!

Crazy that you can have a great prospect pool and still feel the need to overrate Joshua Roy to feel better about it.
I remember getting roasted for Romanov over Samurokov, Smith, Sandin, and others. Does that count? Same with Suzuki over Frost.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Less egregious than Roy, honestly.

Though it's funny that OP believes Reinbacher is a Top 10 prospect (I honestly wouldn't argue too hard against it) after his D+1, but ranked Seider 25th after his D+1...

I mean…the 2024 class alone has 3-4 D I like more than Reinbacher. But I’ve admittedly never understood the hype with him.

He’s not a top 10 prospect in the sport, not even that close for me.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Like the HFboards poll rankings... Oh wait 🤣
You have some arrogance if you think your opinion is objectively better than the aggregated mean or even the HFboards poll (it’s not). Own your personal perspective and move on.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean…the 2024 class alone has 3-4 D I like more than Reinbacher. But I’ve admittedly never understood the hype with him.

He’s not a top 10 prospect in the sport, not even that close for me.
As you can see there's one D I preferred so maybe it's just like your opinion, man?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
So... why didn't I rank him if I'm such a homer?
That's only for you to decide.

Why did you rank 4 Hab prospects in the top 18 if you aren't a homer?

Can't wait to see more lists and see how non Hab fans and analysts think.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You have some arrogance if you think your opinion is objectively better than the aggregated mean or even the HFboards poll (it’s not). Own your personal perspective and move on.
It's debatable if it's better or worst. Which is fine because most people just go off scout/media lists and or their own team.

I think if you put my lists blindly next to pro ones you'd have a hard time knowing which one is which. Not because mine are good, but because others are bad.

That's only for you to decide.

Why did you rank 4 Hab prospects in the top 18 if you aren't a homer?

Can't wait to see more lists and see how non Hab fans and analysts think.
Because the Habs have good prospects after tanking for 6 years? Lol.

I'm probably the most critical person of the Habs, people actually hate me for it.on the Habs board, it's so funny to be called a homer here.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
It's debatable if it's better or worst. Which is fine because most people just go off scout/media lists and or their own team.

I think if you put my lists blindly next to pro ones you'd have a hard time knowing which one is which. Not because mine are good, but because others are bad.

Each person’s own list will have bias. It’s innate in humans. It’s not about good or bad. It’s about all these comments that your list is biased. Of course it is, so will anyone else’s list.

That’s why you aggregate.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

I'm probably the most critical person of the Habs, people actually hate me for it.on the Habs board, it's so funny to be called a homer here.
So, what puts Hutson and Roy over Stankoven and Parekh??

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Weird that you didn't mention also ranking Romanov over Seider/Dobson/Sanderson...
I have never claimed to own absolute truth and I don't know why you'd hold me, a simple amateur hobbyist scout, to a higher degree than actual pros. Do you also boo your kids when they don't come close to running as fast as Bolt?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I have never claimed to own absolute truth and I don't know why you'd hold me, a simple amateur hobbyist scout, to a higher degree than actual pros. Do you also boo your kids when they don't come close to running as fast as Bolt?

I only boo parents that claim their kid can run as fast as Bolt and that they're not biased.

Kinda the same as claiming Hutson and Roy are better prospects than Stankoven and Nikishin, and no it's not homerish.

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
The thing about Wright is that it is fine to rank him there but then you have Stank sooo low and he did much better in the AHL and NHL.
This, Stankoven is way too low. Also, a guy like Lapierre(who I guess I wouldn't consider a prospect anymore at 22), performed at least equally to Wright in the AHL playoffs). Wright's ranking in relation to Stankoven is crazy to me.

Reactions: wetcoast

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I only boo parents that claim their kid can run as fast as Bolt and that they're not biased.

Kinda the same as claiming Hutson and Roy are better prospects than Stankoven and Nikishin, and no it's not homerish.
Both Roy and Stank have top 6 upside, I just think Roy can do more in that role.

For Nikishin, I think hes a pretty sure bet top 4 when he comes over, as I said earlier and even last year, I dont believe he has high level elite potential like some of the other I ranked above him.
@Mrb1p
What about Nikishin's game makes you say he was stagnant?
I answered that earlier and just did above but if you want i can expand later when I get home, Im at the gym right now.
This, Stankoven is way too low. Also, a guy like Lapierre(who I guess I wouldn't consider a prospect anymore at 22), performed at least equally to Wright in the AHL playoffs). Wright's ranking in relation to Stankoven is crazy to me.
Lapierre has 52 games, which disqualifies him. Lapierre has a great future though and he would've been on the list probably.

We need to dissociate from AHL production and NHL future though. Stank has a future but I don't think he has a better future than Wright, of course if things were as easy as ranking the best producers, we wouldn't even need this discussion board, wouldn't we?

He probably watches them more than any other players.

Feel free to post your own list so everyone can critique it...anticipating crickets.
I don't even. I actually watch the draft year prospects a lot more than I do Habs prospects, which is probably why I bias heavily every year to D year prospects.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

totally unfair that internet strangers don't show you the respect they'd show their own children, I don't blame you for being upset!

• Haha
Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad