MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Volume 6.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm not angry at all, just pointing out how outrageously bad his homerism is.

It’s so outrageously bad that he placed one player above another within a meaningless bracket (how does one measure the tangible difference between 20 and 40)?

Did you ever consider one of the two played 24 nhl games this season, by the way?

If you think thats bad, you should see hab fans if a team picks someone 2 spots before demidov
Not sure what you’re talking about

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s so outrageously bad that he placed one player above another within a meaningless bracket (how does one measure the tangible difference between 20 and 40)?

Did you ever consider one of the two played 24 nhl games this season, by the way?

Thats cause its all been deleted already,

but seriously... he posted this into the public section of the forum... should be open for debates.... and i think @WhiskeyYerTheDevils backs up his opinion on the list pretty fairly.

Nothing wrong with discussion/banter bout placement of players... if he didnt want that he wouldnt have posted it on the mainboard.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's a blatant example of homerism. Lambert should be well ahead of Roy, not 25 spots behind.
Sure, and he played about as well as you'd expect. Nothing to vault him up the rankings.

If he was on a contender he wouldn't have gotten nearly as many games.

it's really not outrageous and you definitely sound a tad angry lol
It's completely outrageous. There is really no basis to rate him ahead of Lambert based on what we've seen from each of them over the last 15 months, let alone 25 spots ahead of him. If I'm coming across as angry it's probably because you're overly defensive about your prospects.

Reactions: Crow

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
It's completely outrageous. There is really no basis to rate him ahead of Lambert based on what we've seen from each of them over the last 15 months, let alone 25 spots ahead of him. If I'm coming across as angry it's probably because you're overly defensive about your prospects.
Nah, you sound a bit angry because you're accusing someone for an opinion (which is totally subjective) and using over-dramatic sentences and wording to value your point.

• Love
Reactions: Kairi Zaide

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It's a blatant example of homerism. Lambert should be well ahead of Roy, not 25 spots behind.

Sure, and he played about as well as you'd expect. Nothing to vault him up the rankings.

If he was on a contender he wouldn't have gotten nearly as many games.

How many games of Roy’s have you watched?

Thats cause its all been deleted already,

but seriously... he posted this into the public section of the forum... should be open for debates.... and i think @WhiskeyYerTheDevils backs up his opinion on the list pretty fairly.

Nothing wrong with discussion/banter bout placement of players... if he didnt want that he wouldnt have posted it on the mainboard.
I agree, and I also even agree with him. But lets be honest here, its not an exact science and one guy played well in the nhl this year. It’s not that far of a reach.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

They are blatantly a Habs homer when it comes to these rankings, no reason to pretend this is not the case. Which is fine, everyone is biased towards their own team and their own familiarity. Just take a look at their past rankings.

2019, Josh Brook is somehow at 13, Poehling at 24, and 5 Habs in total in the top 32. Including Suzuki who had a nice jump from the previous year rankings, wonder what happened over the previous year...

2018, After a couple disappointing post draft years, Noah Juulsen still found himself in front of Evan Bouchard and Filip Hronek (Victor Mete is ahead of them too).

Again, I don't expect posters to not be biased towards their team, but the track record is pretty undeniable.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nah, you sound a bit angry because you're accusing someone for an opinion (which is totally subjective) and using over-dramatic sentences and wording to value your point.
Accusing someone of what? Being biased?

Opinions are subjective, but if you're going to post your opinion and not even try to be objective, you should expect to be criticized. Especially when his follow ups include objectively false statements.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Accusing someone of what? Being biased?

Opinions are subjective, but if you're going to post your opinion and not even try to be objective, you should expect to be criticized. Especially when his follow ups include objectively false statements.

yawn, you really won't quit eh. kinda sad at this point ngl

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
No Easton Cowan?

And the 3rd overall pick at #37?? Lol
Monsieur Bip doesn't rate based on draft position. He had Sennecke slotted for 12. He was - and remains - a risky reach, but with potential to be very rewarding. Just because he went #3 doesn't mean he should skyrocket many spots above where people would have had him BEFORE the draft, especially considering no hockey has been played since.

Reactions: Mrb1p

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Monsieur Bip doesn't rate based on draft position. He had Sennecke slotted for 12. He was - and remains - a risky reach, but with potential to be very rewarding. Just because he went #3 doesn't mean he should skyrocket many spots above where people would have had him BEFORE the draft, especially considering no hockey has been played since.
If an nhl team is taking him 3rd there is probably a good amount of potential for the guy. No? Iginla is in the top 10 and he was picked after him. Just saying it’s a little bit odd to put sennecke 20 spots after Iginla

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
If an nhl team is taking him 3rd there is probably a good amount of potential for the guy. No? Iginla is in the top 10 and he was picked after him. Just saying it’s a little bit odd to put sennecke 20 spots after Iginla
I'm not saying there's no potential. But almost everyone agree that he's a project. He could very well end up being the 2nd best, maybe even THE best in this draft, but the risk of achieving mid status is very high too. He had Tij at #4 for this Draft, btw, and guys like Catton and Helenius ahead of Sennecke too.

You just won't quit will you? Just calm down man, it's all good.
NGL, this is a bit... ironic. 😅

• Haha

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Theoretically if Anaheim took say, Andrew Basha, 3rd overall would you suddenly consider him a vastly better prospect just because one team went against the grain and picked him ahead of where everyone else had him ranked.

By your logic, Zachary Senyshen must have been a much better prospect than Barzal?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Sounds stupid, but the pro games he played alleviated a lot of the worries I had. Just seeing him outskate players, duck over much bigger ones and seeing him absolutely dominate the offensive zone for two games let me breathe a little. I also have seen Hutson's skating sky-rocket in term of speed, pivot and balance from D year to D+2. I was watching him this year in the NCAA and I kept telling myself :"Did he just get really fast or is that me dreaming?" Seeing him do it in the NHL put out a whole different perspective.

This is fair honestly.

I appreciate you taking the time and replying like you did. Just wanted to say that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Roy was injured for Hutsons games. Lol.
Okay so probably 8? I wasn't watching those games to watch Roy, was focused on Hutson dancing red wings.

Funny how you replied to this post but not the one where I call out your hypocrisy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad