Spooky Or Odd Coincidences And Events In The NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well, it wasn't during a game... it was actually during a performance of the Ice Capades, but there was that time when the roof blew off the Spectrum

Didn’t the roof also come off the Hartford civic Center in the first year they were in the NHL?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to his words, Miroslav Satan never ever received an offer from New Jersey Devils. That is weird, isnt it?

But we dont know, if there were any evil trade offers for him. That will be lost in the history.
Elite Prospects uses a numerical player ID to help sort and organize its player pages.

What ID number did Miro Satan get? Why 666, of course. Sadly his son (also Miro Satan) got 806027 which isn't nearly as fun.

Also in '06 he scored 66 points

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Marty St Louis scoring on mother's day in must win game 6 at home, just days after his mom passed away

Off the floor

Reactions: Voight

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
1993 Cup finals Kings vs Habs. Game 2 Habs are down 2-1 with minutes left. Habs challenge Marty McSorley's curve and get a powerplay. Habs tie game and win in OT and then next 3 games to get the cup. Crazy

Reactions: JDB

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Okay this isn't NHL but my personal life, I have 3 biological children.

Between child 1 and child 2 exactly 982 days
Between child 2 and child 3 exactly 982 days.

All 3 are natural births and not planned C sections
That is wild.

Another family one. I have one younger brother. His birthday is same as Michael Jordan. My birthday is same as Kobe Bryant

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
IIRC, Spencer's father was arrested after Brian's first NHL game because the CBC wasn't showing the Toronto game (with his son making his debut) so he went up to the local CBC affiliate (somewhere up province in BC, I think) and shot the person in charge.
I read up on this he never killed anyone at the TV station but he was shot and killed by the Canadian Mounties later after shooting at them.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
The only 2 times the Stanley Cup has not been awarded (1918 due to Spanish Flu and 2005 due to lockout), the Boston Red Sox had won the previous World Series in baseball.
....... I mean, the really surprising thing was that the Red Sox won 0 championships in between those 2! :laugh:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
....... I mean, the really surprising thing was that the Red Sox won 0 championships in between those 2! :laugh:

Is it really that surprising? The owner sold every player of value to the Yankees after the 1918 season, including Babe Ruth, and bankrupted the team. They were also the last team to integrate (1959, 12 years after Jackie Robinson), and continued to have seemingly racist roster building tendencies until Jean Yawkey finally died in 1992.

• Wow
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Is it really that surprising? The owner sold every player of value to the Yankees after the 1918 season, including Babe Ruth, and bankrupted the team. They were also the last team to integrate (1959, 12 years after Jackie Robinson), and continued to have seemingly racist roster building tendencies until Jean Yawkey finally died in 1992.
This can be true while 87 years between championships is still surprising :P

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Personal anecdote… I like stats generally speaking, and a few years ago I noticed that Marchand was sitting at 666 career games, and had 666 penalty minutes, and the next game the Bruins were going to play was vs the… Devils.

I thought that all this devilish stuff was pretty funny, so I mentioned this to a couple of forum pals (also Boston fans) in here, and one of them posted it to reddit.
That was then „stolen“ by someone there (= some dude who posted it left and right in Reddit), and someone at the Boston Globe (I think…) noticed it and mentioned it in an article or something and lo and behold, during the game vs the Devils, Jack Edwards mentioned it. He even made sort of a spooky voice on purpose.
Thought the whole situation was pretty cool.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Michael Nylander's last career goal was assisted by: Brooks Laich

7 years later

William Nylander's first career goal was assisted by: Brooks Laich

that is a good one. Some of the things people are posting in nowhere near topic

Reactions: Elvs

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Personal anecdote… I like stats generally speaking, and a few years ago I noticed that Marchand was sitting at 666 career games, and had 666 penalty minutes, and the next game the Bruins were going to play was vs the… Devils.

I thought that all this devilish stuff was pretty funny, so I mentioned this to a couple of forum pals (also Boston fans) in here, and one of them posted it to reddit.
That was then „stolen“ by someone there (= some dude who posted it left and right in Reddit), and someone at the Boston Globe (I think…) noticed it and mentioned it in an article or something and lo and behold, during the game vs the Devils, Jack Edwards mentioned it. He even made sort of a spooky voice on purpose.
Thought the whole situation was pretty cool.

Old Catholic boy here. I studies theology for awhile and 666 is not the number of the beast. 666 was called the number of the beast of a later translation during about 100 years when the bible went through several rewrites over about a 100 year period. For those curious. The old testament was originally written in 3 different languages and that is where the fun begins. Hebrew, Aramaic and koine Greek(which the new testament was original written in as well) Two of the 3 has 668 or 388 as being the actual number of the beast. Useless but fun information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad