MrB1Ps annual affiliated prospect list 2020 Covid edition

Homer scale

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No Glass, Cozens, Kaprizov??

How can you defend a prospect list when you blatantly omit 3 of the NHL's better prospects.

Typical HF scout with no clue posting for clout..
Lmao.

Cozens doesn't belong on my top 40, no matter how people twist it, I don't care.

Kaprizov I already explained

Glass I already explained, I didn't even check him out because I thought he played more than 41 games, he fell at 39. He'd be on that list for sure, probably around Seider.

P10p

May 15, 2012
your-opinions-are.jpg

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
25SeIderMoritzDRed wings201930
26ZadinaFilipWRedwings20182618
27BerggrenJonathanFRed Wings201844
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lol this is so weird, kinda like you at #24 remembered "oh yeah, Detroit exists too". Seider and Zadina pretty ridiculously low, and while I give you kudos for ranking Berggren high, that ranking is too high at this moment.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Amsterdam
I like the part where people get heated rather then just ask questions about justification, and maybe challenge once with a valid argument. Go and make your own lists if you care so much. Thanks for the list b1p, it's still good content.

Reactions: Mrb1p and ookhaab

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Sure is easy to make stuff up to back up a terrible take eh?

Again, you can't intelligently defend your opinion. That's what I figured. HF scouts lol...

I believe I started with calling your opinion on kaprizov unfounded and lazy, which it appears to be with how you continue to respond.

Instead of reflecting on my initial point, through 3 posts, you've deflected, and victimized. What's next I wonder???

Yeah I tried getting a real answer outta him. I suspect that he forgot KK and now is doubling down with the bad take that he might not even come over? Even though you know, he is signed and has already been over...

Another lazy internet scout.

Yeah... when he is no longer a prospect by literally your own posted definition sounds like a good time?

"41 Game cut-off, no age cut-off."

If you want to have a respected opinion, don't clearly contradict yourself. Comes across as lazy..

No Glass, Cozens, Kaprizov??

How can you defend a prospect list when you blatantly omit 3 of the NHL's better prospects.

Typical HF scout with no clue posting for clout..

Damn OP actually living rent free in your head, please for your sake take a break. :popcorn:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
25SeIderMoritzDRed wings201930
26ZadinaFilipWRedwings20182618
27BerggrenJonathanFRed Wings201844
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lol this is so weird, kinda like you at #24 remembered "oh yeah, Detroit exists too". Seider and Zadina pretty ridiculously low, and while I give you kudos for ranking Berggren high, that ranking is too high at this moment.

Which prospects do you think will end up having worst careers than them ?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Where's your list? Then we can rip it to shreds as well.

I'm not able to create a solid list, that's my point lol.

If you can't do it proper don't do it.

I get it there can be discrepancies but to defend some of these choices is ridiculous at best.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Which prospects do you think will end up having worst careers than them ?
Look, I don't want to be too harsh since I would never even attempt a list like this myself.
But clustering those 3 Wings prospects together like that seems completely baseless.

- Seider is #6OA pick who has been nothing but stellar since the draft
- Zadina is #6OA who has been good, but not amazing since the draft
- Berggren is #33OA who has struggled with injuries, looks like he has bounced back now but it's only 9 games

I think most of the d-men you have ranked above Seider have no business being ranked above him. It should be more of a discussion whether Seider is the top ranked D prospect or the 2nd.
Romanov and Hague are obvious examples of players that it's completely nonsensical to rank above Seider, which I think 99.9% of the hockey community would agree with.
Nils Lundkvist is another one, I'm watching both in the SHL this year and there's a wide gap in their ability even though Lundkvist is one year older.

Bobby Brink and Nick Robertson above Zadina? Ehhh..

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Robertson and Caufield way too high. Should be 30 and 31.

Also how does likes of Bobby Brink make 14 (!!!) when Shane Pinto drafted ahead in same year, had a much better year and much better WJC showing and isnt here?

Last edited:
Reactions: P10p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Look, I don't want to be too harsh since I would never even attempt a list like this myself.
But clustering those 3 Wings prospects together like that seems completely baseless.

- Seider is #6OA pick who has been nothing but stellar since the draft
- Zadina is #6OA who has been good, but not amazing since the draft
- Berggren is #33OA who has struggled with injuries, looks like he has bounced back now but it's only 9 games

I think most of the d-men you have ranked above Seider have no business being ranked above him. It should be more of a discussion whether Seider is the top ranked D prospect or the 2nd.
Romanov and Hague are obvious examples of players that it's completely nonsensical to rank above Seider, which I think 99.9% of the hockey community would agree with.
Nils Lundkvist is another one, I'm watching both in the SHL this year and there's a wide gap in their ability even though Lundkvist is one year older.

Bobby Brink and Nick Robertson above Zadina? Ehhh..

Romanov and Seider is actually much closer than youre willing to admit. Lets evaluate:
Both have strong WJCs (Romanov was a bit better)
Both have strong league play in strong leagues (Both top pair, until Romanov got the NHL treatment.)
Both have top-pair potential, but they lack a bit of offense. (I think Romanov shown more offensive tools in his career so far, but he does struggle to bring it up more than Seider does)
Both look equally NHL ready for a limited role.
Romanov has more dimensions to his game while Seider brings the length and the skating that very few can (Even if Romanov is as good of a skater, he's smaller.)

On account of Romanovs KHL season + WJC showing, I have him ahead of Seider.

Hague is a special player, Ive touched on him in the last page, you can look there.

Lundkvist is a dominating presence, probably the smartest defender on the board here and he knows how to use his tools. What he did last year for Lulea is nothing short of extraordinary. Leading his team in PPG as a Dman in the SHL ? Come on, don't tell me he isn't worthy of a top spot, Ive been high on him since 2018 and Im still high on him. Kids a beauty. He just had the best u20 seasons in history production wise, and his D game is actually pretty polished. He's an awesome prospect and shouldn't be discounted like that.

What Seider did in the AHL is great, but you have to realize that we've seen Sandin, Bjornfot and Liljegren all put up similar numbers in there.

Robertson and Caufield way too high. Should be 30 and 31.

Also how does likes of Bobby Brink make 14 (!!!) when Shane Pinto drafted ahead in same year, had a much better year and much better WJC showing and isnt here?

Was that your veiled attempt at saying Batherson is a better prospect than Robertson and Caufield ? Don't get me wrong, I love Drake, great story too, but he has nowhere near the talent of the prior two.

I love Pinto, he would be close to the 40ish ranking. He did not have a better year (Let alone MUCH, holy overreaction batman.) than Brink, he merely played more games and more minutes in the WJC. Brink still has a better PPG, on a slightly worse team and ranks higher in PPG on his own team than Pinto does. The make-up of both team is also quite different, with a lot more veterans on Denver than North Dakota. The difference being is that, I think Brink has a better shot at being an impact player and this is a skillset evaluation more so than a "who scored more goals in D1"

Reactions: bl02

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Was that your veiled attempt at saying Batherson is a better prospect than Robertson and Caufield ? Don't get me wrong, I love Drake, great story too, but he has nowhere near the talent of the prior two.

I love Pinto, he would be close to the 40ish ranking. He did not have a better year (Let alone MUCH, holy overreaction batman.) than Brink, he merely played more games and more minutes in the WJC. Brink still has a better PPG, on a slightly worse team and ranks higher in PPG on his own team than Pinto does. The make-up of both team is also quite different, with a lot more veterans on Denver than North Dakota. The difference being is that, I think Brink has a better shot at being an impact player and this is a skillset evaluation more so than a "who scored more goals in D1"

? brink is 5’8. Pinto is 6’2. Pinto also the much better all around player while being similar to points. Not sure how one is 14 the other is not listed. But I concede.

Also... at 20 years of age. Batherson led a terrible bingo team with over PPG 62 points in 59 games (15+ points diff over 2nd place) if Caufield or robertson do that then that would be a HECK of a feat. At 19 he was second in all WJC in goals and Canada’s best.

Last year he was best player in AHL before called up.

“no where near the talent of the prior two” ??????????????????

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Romanov and Seider is actually much closer than youre willing to admit. Lets evaluate:
Both have strong WJCs (Romanov was a bit better)
Both have strong league play in strong leagues (Both top pair, until Romanov got the NHL treatment.)
Both have top-pair potential, but they lack a bit of offense. (I think Romanov shown more offensive tools in his career so far, but he does struggle to bring it up more than Seider does)
Both look equally NHL ready for a limited role.
Romanov has more dimensions to his game while Seider brings the length and the skating that very few can (Even if Romanov is as good of a skater, he's smaller.)

On account of Romanovs KHL season + WJC showing, I have him ahead of Seider.

Hague is a special player, Ive touched on him in the last page, you can look there.

Lundkvist is a dominating presence, probably the smartest defender on the board here and he knows how to use his tools. What he did last year for Lulea is nothing short of extraordinary. Leading his team in PPG as a Dman in the SHL ? Come on, don't tell me he isn't worthy of a top spot, Ive been high on him since 2018 and Im still high on him. Kids a beauty. He just had the best u20 seasons in history production wise, and his D game is actually pretty polished. He's an awesome prospect and shouldn't be discounted like that.

What Seider did in the AHL is great, but you have to realize that we've seen Sandin, Bjornfot and Liljegren all put up similar numbers in there.
Similar or better numbers as much smaller, much weaker defensive D's is pretty fantastic from Seider.
I mean he was clearly better in his d+1 than Romanov, Lundkvist and Boqvist, yet all are ahead of him. That's fair, it's your opinion. But I think it's one that isn't really well thought out or likely to look good in a year or two.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
? brink is 5’8. Pinto is 6’2. Pinto also the much better all around player while being similar to points. Not sure how one is 14 the other is not listed. But I concede.

Also... at 20 years of age. Batherson led a terrible bingo team with over PPG 62 points in 59 games (15+ points diff over 2nd place) if Caufield or robertson do that then that would be a HECK of a feat. At 19 he was second in all WJC in goals and Canada’s best.

Last year he was best player in AHL before called up.

“no where near the talent of the prior two” ??????????????????

Are you aware that Robertson lead the CHL in goals while playing 20 games less than everyone ?

Anyway, no, Batherson doesnt have the same talent level even if hes a great prospect himself.

As for Brink, hes just got the superior skillset, and is one if not the smartest player on this list. Invaluable.

Similar or better numbers as much smaller, much weaker defensive D's is pretty fantastic from Seider.
I mean he was clearly better in his d+1 than Romanov, Lundkvist and Boqvist, yet all are ahead of him. That's fair, it's your opinion. But I think it's one that isn't really well thought out or likely to look good in a year or two.

Im unsure I understand, are you calling Romanov a weak player? Or was that for Lundkvist?

Romanov certainly isnt weak and is actually the 2nd most physical D on this list.

As for Lundkvist, hes nowhere near a weak defensive player, in fact, hes better defensive player than offensive.

I dont put much weigt in year one vs year two vs wtv, its clear Seider is one of the most advanced players in recent memory, he has been playing with men since hes 16 and hes huge. If it was that easy, I wouldnt rank Vilardi, Hague and others so high.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Im unsure I understand, are you calling Romanov a weak player? Or was that for Lundkvist?

Romanov certainly isnt weak and is actually the 2nd most physical D on this list.

As for Lundkvist, hes nowhere near a weak defensive player, in fact, hes better defensive player than offensive.

I dont put much weigt in year one vs year two vs wtv, its clear Seider is one of the most advanced players in recent memory, he has been playing with men since hes 16 and hes huge. If it was that easy, I wouldnt rank Vilardi, Hague and others so high.
They are definitely weaker and worse defensively than Seider, they can still be good in those areas but Seider simply projects as elite.

I'm not sure what Seider would have needed to do in order to climb your list, but it's weird to hold it against him that he's better than other young D by saying "he's more advanced".. yeah..= better.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They are definitely weaker and worse defensively than Seider, they can still be good in those areas but Seider simply projects as elite.

I'm not sure what Seider would have needed to do in order to climb your list, but it's weird to hold it against him that he's better than other young D by saying "he's more advanced".. yeah..= better.

The goal of this list is to predict the career value of the kids. If Seider is a #4 for 12 years his value isnt greater than some player that is a 1D for 10.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The goal of this list is to predict the career value of the kids. If Seider is a #4 for 12 years his value isnt greater than some player that is a 1D for 10.
Yeah that's where we obviously have different takes on these players. I'm not seeing great defense from Lundkvist, I'm seeing someone that is probably more likely to need some sheltering at the NHL level. On the other hand Seider can play in all situations and projects as someone that can play big minutes even if his offense doesn't develop as hoped (but it looks promising).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah that's where we obviously have different takes on these players. I'm not seeing great defense from Lundkvist, I'm seeing someone that is probably more likely to need some sheltering at the NHL level. On the other hand Seider can play in all situations and projects as someone that can play big minutes even if his offense doesn't develop as hoped (but it looks promising).

Gee, a 5'11 player known for his weak physical stature has trouble defending a 6'7 240 lbs monster? Wow, who woulda thought!

You caught a bad game, and he has his warts, hes weak and he wont win puck battles one on one, thats not his strength, nor will it ever be.

That doesn't mean hell be sheltered, since he wasnt sheltered on the best team in the SHL as a 19 years old, while being their best defender.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad