MrB1Ps annual affiliated prospect list 2020 Covid edition

Homer scale

• Total voters

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
As an Avs fan, I don't think Byram did anything significant in his development to move from 8th to 2nd personally speaking.
This is whats so confusing to me. The list seems to have no rhyme or reason to anything.

Byram by almost all accounts had a bit of a poor season yet goes up 6 spots, yet Smith who had a great season by every metric measurable drops quite a bit.

To me it seems like the OP just kind of randomly picked players without much thought, but I digress.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is whats so confusing to me. The list seems to have no rhyme or reason to anything.

Byram by almost all accounts had a bit of a poor season yet goes up 6 spots, yet Smith who had a great season by every metric measurable drops quite a bit.

To me it seems like the OP just kind of randomly picked players without much thought, but I digress.
Or maybe the season they just had doesn't hold as much weight as one would think.

Also, judging players by their seasons solely can be misleading, Byram was on a team with Sourdif as its 2nd best player, and Smith was on a much better roster.

Its a prospect list, its not a list of who had the better year or who has the most trade value. Its who i think has the most chances of having a succesful career, Byram couldve lost a nut and he'd still be in the top 40.

Helvinutt

Sep 4, 2014
Good to have some opinions out there to discuss so thanks for posting this ranking.

One prospect I'd be interested in your thoughts on is Boldy. Seemed quite high on him last year and after a fairly experimental year at BC with positions and line switches you've got some serious separation between him and Newhook. What do you think of Boldy's potential now?

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Good to have some opinions out there to discuss so thanks for posting this ranking.

One prospect I'd be interested in your thoughts on is Boldy. Seemed quite high on him last year and after a fairly experimental year at BC with positions and line switches you've got some serious separation between him and Newhook. What do you think of Boldy's potential now?
Thanks for the kind words.

Boldy suffers from the same fate Smith et al... At the end of the day, he's a prospect I love, really love, but he hasn't impressed me as much. I had expectations that were pretty much through the roof for him. Its a problem Ive always had, whenever I like a prospect very much, I overrate them until they disappoint me, then I lay in a pool of tears wondering why i do this to myself.

Reactions: Helvinutt

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I think Heinola and Seider got their rankings mixed up there or something.

:sarcasm:

But seriously, i think Heinola is quite high and Seider way too low.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Unlike most of the goofs in this thread - respect for putting yourself out there and even more respect for responding to all of these curmudgeons.

Even though I don’t agree with every ranking, love your chutzpah.
This website needs more people like you. This place has been out of control since covid started.

Anyways, ya, don't agree with every ranking but I'm sure many pro scouts would have questionable rankings too.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you okay? I know it must’ve hurt you quite a bit to put Wings prospects that high.

Ah, the fake vendetta against Detroit Redwings prospects!

You forgot Merkley

Nope, lmao.

I think Heinola and Seider got their rankings mixed up there or something.

:sarcasm:

But seriously, i think Heinola is quite high and Seider way too low.

Ive had Heinola ahead of Seider for two years now, nothing has changed, in fact, Heinola just showed he was much better than what anyone anticipated. Total stud.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ah, the fake vendetta against Detroit Redwings prospects!

Nope, lmao.

Ive had Heinola ahead of Seider for two years now, nothing has changed, in fact, Heinola just showed he was much better than what anyone anticipated. Total stud.
50 GP 14 G 38 A 52 P +19

60 GP 15 G 61 A 76 P +20

One of these stat lines is your number 2 prospect, the other is Ryan Merkley. Kids been lights out this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
50 GP 14 G 38 A 52 P +19

60 GP 15 G 61 A 76 P +20

One of these stat lines is your number 2 prospect, the other is Ryan Merkley. Kids been lights out this year.
Nice, so he scored one more goal in 10 more games and on a powerhouse team ? :sarcasm:

If scouting was as easy as compiling up stats line, I wouldnt be posting this list.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Nice, so he scored one more goal in 10 more games and on a powerhouse team ? :sarcasm:

If scouting was as easy as compiling up stats line, I wouldnt be posting this list.
Or you know he scored at a 104 point pace (over 82 games) as a D. His defensive struggles are so overblown and I can’t wait for him to come to the AHL/NHL next season to prove everyone wrong. Guy is easily a top 20 prospect in the NHL.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Or you know he scored at a 104 point pace (over 82 games) as a D. His defensive struggles are so overblown and I can’t wait for him to come to the AHL/NHL next season to prove everyone wrong. Guy is easily a top 20 prospect in the NHL.

I truly question how many games of Merkely you've actually seen if you believe his defensive struggles are overblown.

Nobody ever questions his offensive capabilities, he's fantastic, but his defensive game, his compete, his character and his IQ anywhere outside the offensive blue line, leave much to be desired.

There's a reason that Peterborough literally gave him away less than a year after paying a kings ransom to acquire him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I truly question how many games of Merkely you've actually seen if you believe his defensive struggles are overblown.

Nobody ever questions his offensive capabilities, he's fantastic, but his defensive game, his compete, his character and his IQ anywhere outside the offensive blue line, leave much to be desired.

There's a reason that Peterborough literally gave him away less than a year after paying a kings ransom to acquire him.
Yeah they also had a coach with a vendetta against him (not the first time the coach has had a vendetta against a big voice). His compete has NEVER been questioned. His IQ is fine. He’s similar to EK where he’s always looking for offense and that’s why he has “defensive struggles” very overblown though. People act like he defends at a peewee level. Yes there is some work to be done there. No where near as bad as it’s made out. I question how many games you’ve actually watched this season of Merkley.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah they also had a coach with a vendetta against him (not the first time the coach has had a vendetta against a big voice). His compete has NEVER been questioned. His IQ is fine. He’s similar to EK where he’s always looking for offense and that’s why he has “defensive struggles” very overblown though. People act like he defends at a peewee level. Yes there is some work to be done there. No where near as bad as it’s made out. I question how many games you’ve actually watched this season of Merkley.

Ok, we're done here.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Same reason why other guys were left off the list, better players.

The thing is, theres fantastic players all over the board, really, is Valimaki going to be a better defender than the ones listed ? I hardly believe so.

yes he’s a future 1D. If you ranked him low because of injury history then I get it.

look at what he’s doing for Ilves right now, look at what their fan base is saying about him. They compare him to Klingberg. The guy is a stud, but like all Flames prospects on HF he is criminally underrated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad