MrB1Ps annual affiliated prospect list 2020 Covid edition

Homer scale

• Total voters

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
yes he’s a future 1D. If you ranked him low because of injury history then I get it.

look at what he’s doing for Ilves right now, look at what their fan base is saying about him. They compare him to Klingberg. The guy is a stud, but like all Flames prospects on HF he is criminally underrated

I think Valimaki is a fantastic prospect, and I'm voting for him currently in the Top Prospects poll, but what he's doing for Ilves, while impressive, is a ridiculously small sample size.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nah, screw that dude. Ive been ranking him for two years now, I see him as an ufa player, when he comes over he comes over. Im not getting any hopes anymore, Im not even sure hell come over for real once the season starts, is it just insurance in case the KHL has some kind of monetary trouble ?

Anyway, with that out of the way, he'd be on there for sure.
That... interesting

P10p

May 15, 2012
That... interesting

Yeah I tried getting a real answer outta him. I suspect that he forgot KK and now is doubling down with the bad take that he might not even come over? Even though you know, he is signed and has already been over...

Another lazy internet scout.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah I tried getting a real answer outta him. I suspect that he forgot KK and now is doubling down with the bad take that he might not even come over? Even though you know, he is signed and has already been over...

Another lazy internet scout.
Yes, its obviously that, not that im tired of ranking a 23 years old :sarcasm:

Its been 5 years, hes been on these lists for four years, at some point can we just move on?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yes, its obviously that, not that im tired of ranking a 23 years old :sarcasm:

Its been 5 years, hes been on these lists for four years, at some point can we just move on?

Yeah... when he is no longer a prospect by literally your own posted definition sounds like a good time?

"41 Game cut-off, no age cut-off."

If you want to have a respected opinion, don't clearly contradict yourself. Comes across as lazy..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
yes he’s a future 1D. If you ranked him low because of injury history then I get it.

look at what he’s doing for Ilves right now, look at what their fan base is saying about him. They compare him to Klingberg. The guy is a stud, but like all Flames prospects on HF he is criminally underrated

I ranked him "low" for your standards, not mine. He's not even the first D in line to be added to the list, Smith would be. Its the same fate he suffers as the best of the rest.

In reality, is he really a better prospect than Seider, Sandin, Bjornfot, Sanderson ? I don't believe so.

Is he actually going to be a 1D, I have a hard time with this too. He's never actually shown that ability, be it in Junior A., the u18s, u20s, WHL, AHL... And somehow he'll do it in the NHL ? Im suspicious. Its more likely that he becomes a minute munching top 3, and thats amazing, if were honest.

I think he still lacks the assertiveness he was supposed to develop prior to his draft, he's got a nice shot that but his slapper is deficient, he's got great skating and great stick handling and a good head for the game, but he rarely has shown the willingness to be the guy on the ice, he's content with being a a great system player.

Also, its hard to be impartial towards your own prospect, but if were honest, as a Flames fan, can you really say HF is wrong to underrate Flames prospects? Recent history seems to favor HFs opinion rather than flames fans. Is Dubé a star yet ?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I might not agree with the rankings/ideas but at least he can justify why he put people where he did and make a decent case for his side. Good job.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah... when he is no longer a prospect by literally your own posted definition sounds like a good time?

"41 Game cut-off, no age cut-off."

If you want to have a respected opinion, don't clearly contradict yourself. Comes across as lazy..
I did not, I just don't really care for the dude. I don't believe he's worthy of my list. You don't have to be so angry because your favorite prospect did not make it onto a random list on the internet.

Fact is, it's been 5 years, he's still an undersized chubby player, he's still a russian, theres still incertainty in his status, especially with COVID and he still hasn't proven anything in the NHL.

We've seen Gusev come in and not produce much, hopefully he ends up being Panarin good, but how likely is that ? I don't know. Now I do think he's better than Gusev was when he came over, and his style of hockey is probably closer to the NHL than Gusev's, but still.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I ranked him "low" for your standards, not mine. He's not even the first D in line to be added to the list, Smith would be. Its the same fate he suffers as the best of the rest.

In reality, is he really a better prospect than Seider, Sandin, Bjornfot, Sanderson ? I don't believe so.

Is he actually going to be a 1D, I have a hard time with this too. He's never actually shown that ability, be it in Junior A., the u18s, u20s, WHL, AHL... And somehow he'll do it in the NHL ? Im suspicious. Its more likely that he becomes a minute munching top 3, and thats amazing, if were honest.

I think he still lacks the assertiveness he was supposed to develop prior to his draft, he's got a nice shot that but his slapper is deficient, he's got great skating and great stick handling and a good head for the game, but he rarely has shown the willingness to be the guy on the ice, he's content with being a a great system player.

Also, its hard to be impartial towards your own prospect, but if were honest, as a Flames fan, can you really say HF is wrong to underrate Flames prospects? Recent history seems to favor HFs opinion rather than flames fans. Is Dubé a star yet ?

lol you have no idea what you’re talking about.
And yes Dube will be the best forward on the Flames.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I like Zegras, Zadina, Batherson and Hayton a lot higher. They're guarantees in my mind and should be in the top 10. But difference of opinions are what makes this fun. Nice list, and I enjoy your intentional/unintentional optimism around Jets prospects ;)

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I like Zegras, Zadina, Batherson and Hayton a lot higher. They're guarantees in my mind and should be in the top 10. But difference of opinions are what makes this fun. Nice list, and I enjoy your intentional/unintentional optimism around Jets prospects ;)
I think they are surefire NHL players too, but I think they have a few drawbacks that would keep them from being impact players, less so for Zadina.

Also, the Jets have been drafting my favorite prospects since like 2012 so, can't help it, lmao.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mehh
he's struggled with that in previous years
I think Ive done a pretty good job, my first year had random parameters for whos eligible but since then I settle with 41 games (And I still missed Glass, lmao.).

Aside from that, Ive been wrong as hell like on Pettersson vs Mittlestatd (f***ing WJC man) but I think that my case were pretty well received.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wow I can’t believe you didn’t include my teams prospects. That kills all your credibility man. But no seriously I like the list because it’s unique and you’ve come in here to back up your takes. The one prospect that really stands out it Brink. I don’t see him becoming a full time NHLer (despite his skill level) just due to his lack of athleticism

Reactions: covfefe and Mrb1p

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Welp, that was a typical HF rebuttal

wgat has Valimaki not done to be considered a top prospect. Is being the #1D and captain on Finland with a guy name Heiskanen a bad thing. Is .7 PPG for a rookie d in the AHL a bad thing? Is being a defense first player, who is 6’2 and skates like the wind a bad thing? Is putting up gaudy offensive numbers a bad thing. Is putting up over a point a game in Finland right now a bad thing for a guy who hasn’t played hockey for 2 years a bad thing?

im curious what play you are referencing That indicates ‘he isn’t that good’

also, aren’t you the guy that mocked me to no end a few years ago for saying that Rasmus Andersson, Dillon Dube and Adam Fox should all be at least be in the vote for top 50 prospects, but none of them even got into the voting round. That turned out so bad for me... :laugh:

cute you brought up Dillon Dube again proving how clueless you are about our teams players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benn14

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No Boldy or Kaprizov invalidates your list entirely. But beyond that, Byram somehow jumping from 8 to 2 after the draft is awkward at best.

Reactions: P10p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wow I can’t believe you didn’t include my teams prospects. That kills all your credibility man. But no seriously I like the list because it’s unique and you’ve come in here to back up your takes. The one prospect that really stands out it Brink. I don’t see him becoming a full time NHLer (despite his skill level) just due to his lack of athleticism

Thank you.

As for Brink, I don't think his lack of athleticism is that much of a problem. He's still a sneaky smooth skater and pretty agile, plus he's one of the smartest hockey player on the planet with a playmaking and shooting toolkit that makes him really hard be stopped, you take the shot and he's gonna wire one across the ice to someone else, and if you give him space and take the pass, he's got a shot that can beat a goalie one on one from pretty much anywhere on the ice, to me, thats invaluable in hockey.

The actual amount of players that have a tool set like Brink is pretty limited.

wgat has Valimaki not done to be considered a top prospect. Is being the #1D and captain on Finland with a guy name Heiskanen a bad thing. Is .7 PPG for a rookie d in the AHL a bad thing? Is being a defense first player, who is 6’2 and skates like the wind a bad thing? Is putting up gaudy offensive numbers a bad thing. Is putting up over a point a game in Finland right now a bad thing for a guy who hasn’t played hockey for 2 years a bad thing?

also, aren’t you the guy that mocked me to no end a few years ago for saying that Rasmus Andersson, Dillon Dube and Adam Fox should all be at least be in the vote for top 50 prospects, but none of them even got into the voting round. That turned out so bad for me... :laugh:

cute you brought up Dillon Dube again proving how clueless you are about our teams players.

I don't remember if Im that guy but how good Andersson is ? Thanks. How good is Dube ? Thanks. Adam Fox is pretty good, sure. Don't recall hating him ever but I might have underrated him, who knows.

The fact is, the players you've listed are not... special ? Its hard to take someone serious when theyre that angry because their #4 D didn't get much respect or what ever.

As for Valimaki, I didn't mean to say he isn't that good in that sense, I just meant it in the sense that he isn't compared to the top level prospects on that list. I believe he's going to be a top pair D, most likely, but I see limited offense in him, not 1D offense.

Hauge and Krebs to me seem way too high. That said it’s just both our opinion.

Also appreciate the Berggren hype

Krebs has a lot of what I described for Brink up there, just a special head of hockey. Krebs is a jack of all trades, but master of almost all of them. Kid can fly with the best of them, is one of the best high speed puck handler out there, can absolute lazer the puck in the net or on a teammates stick and he has a motor for days and days.

He reminds me so much of Point as a player, I don't get why he doesn't have more hype around him.

There's a lot of the same things I see in Berggren too, maybe less so though.

Hague will surprise a lot of people in a few years, IMO. He's gigantic, so he might still take another year or two before he actually starts making an impact but the kid is great. You can tell hes modelling his game after Chara and Weber, because he plays exactly like them offensively. Nothing flashy, just keeping the puck alive for days with blue-line pinches and puck cycling. I don't think he'll ever produce the big numbers, obviously, but a 30-35 points 6'6 defender that loves to punish people ? f***ing sign me up for ol' time hockey.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Looking over the criteria and the full list again, I really can't see any possible justification for leaving Cozens off.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lmao, still think hes a perimeter player and a likely disappointing NHL player but I feel like a lot of players are worse bet than him to make the NHL now.
Podkolzin I was never much of a fan, scouted him some more in 2019 and realize he's not my style of player, probably doesn't make my top 100.
So you say you dont like Zegras because you described him as a permiter player. Then a player that gets to the middle of the ice and is great down low in Podkolzin is not your style. It makes the rest of your list hard to take seriously for me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Looking over the criteria and the full list again, I really can't see any possible justification for leaving Cozens off.

Cozens the type of player that you love when you start watching him. I know I did, he has all you want in an impressive package. Skating, size, reach, shot, physicality, production... Its all there.

But then you start to notice that he might be losing the puck a bit too often to junior players even though hes so far ahead physically, and then you start to pick up on his warts, warts that remind me of Drouin, warts that remind me of Pouliot. An over-reliance on skill and a tendency to think the game too slowly for his own skill, I value players that can slow the game down much more than players who have a brain that can't catch up. I call this the junior syndrome, if you want to see what it looks like, tune-in on a Habs game and watch Drouin, then you'll shake in your trousers when you realize Cozens has that too.

Luckily for Cozens, he's a big dude, so he'll be more useful than Drouin, but still.

So you say you dont like Zegras because you described him as a permiter player. Then a player that gets to the middle of the ice and is great down low in Podkolzin is not your style. It makes the rest of your list hard to take seriously for me.

Its not that I don't like perimeter players, per say. I think Zadina, Caufield and Perfetti have a tendency to be on the perimeter, but these guys can shoot with the best of the rest. Zegras has a muffin, and he loves to wire those long-ass low percentage passes à la Domi that make any coach cringe because its so unecessary. Zegras is a smart player though, just wish he'd be willing to go down the middle, cut inside, attack a defender, create space with his skating and set of mitts, instead of mostly just taking the space he's granted by the defender and working with that, because it rarely works in the NHL.

If Im honest though, I said the same thing about Q. Hughes, I didn't think he'd be that much of a threat because of his lack of shooting power and because he liked to dance around a tad too much, but Quinn loves to attack and create space with his skating, which is where I was wrong. His level 100 skating is so good that he can get away with not having a shot and being kinda soft, I should've learned because Barzal is just like that too (Though he has a better shot.) and he's finding success.

As for Podkolzin, you can read up on what Ive said about Cozens, it applies to him too. I do think Podkolzin thinks the game a bit better than Cozens though, but his abilities are lesser, making them pretty much even.

Tbh, Cozens and Podkolzin aren't even close to being ranked as #41 on that list, there's so many great prospects that were passed over that I don't really know why its an issue. Boldy isn't on the list and it hurts me every time I see it, because I love Boldy.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Mehh
he's struggled with that in previous years

No Boldy or Kaprizov invalidates your list entirely. But beyond that, Byram somehow jumping from 8 to 2 after the draft is awkward at best.

So where are your lists? Post em up, guarantee you’ll elicit the same types of responses regardless of how you calibrate your rankings.

“That’s like, your opinion, man.”

Reactions: fromage67 and Mrb1p

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So where are your lists? Post em up, guarantee you’ll elicit the same types of responses regardless of how you calibrate your rankings.

“That’s like, your opinion, man.”

I wasn’t even replying to you :laugh::laugh:
I said he struggled in previous years you justify ranking............. which he did.

P10p

May 15, 2012
No Glass, Cozens, Kaprizov??

How can you defend a prospect list when you blatantly omit 3 of the NHL's better prospects.

Typical HF scout with no clue posting for clout..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad