OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Did they all have endings nothing worse than getting into a series that really doesn’t have and ending because it gets canceled

Do not watch True Detective season 2. Trust me, you won't miss anything because each season is a standalone story with different characters, but the real reason you won't miss anything is it is the single greatest drop off from excellence to outright suck in the history of storytelling.

You have been warned.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Do not watch True Detective season 2. Trust me, you won't miss anything because each season is a standalone story with different characters, but the real reason you won't miss anything is it is the single greatest drop off from excellence to outright suck in the history of storytelling.

You have been warned.
Wouldn’t recommend the Wilds on Netflix gets canceled after 2 seasons and doesn’t have an ending.But Netflix still,advertisers it none stop.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Wouldn’t recommend the Wilds on Netflix gets canceled after 2 seasons and doesn’t have an ending.But Netflix still,advertisers it none stop.

Also, The Glades. It's a breezy show about a Chicago police detective who relocates to Florida. Enjoyable enough, until the very last episode before cancellation, which ends with a major character lying on the ground bleeding out after being shot by a mystery intruder. Arrrrgh!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Also, The Glades. It's a breezy show about a Chicago police detective who relocates to Florida. Enjoyable enough, until the very last episode before cancellation, which ends with a major character lying on the ground bleeding out after being shot by a mystery intruder. Arrrrgh!
Irritating isn’t it ,I’ve got that I have started googling to see if show has an ending before I start watching them.

Reactions: jgatie

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Overlooking the fact that they're Penguins fans (barely), this is a fun clip,

One of my all time favorites. As with Jaws (I was twelve years old in 1975. I went crazy for sharks),

I rewatch every summer,

Last edited:

Babajingo

Overlooking the fact that they're Penguins fans (barely), this is a fun clip,

One of my all time favorites. As with Jaws (I was twelve years old in 1975. I went crazy for sharks),

I rewatch every summer,

Great Movie
1685145511282.png

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A couple movies out the last couple of weeks.

Don't go to the Machine. There is some humor, but just watch the Skit on Youtube if you somehow haven't seen it (and aren't easily offended by rated R humor. ). The comedy skit has twice as many laughs in 1/9th the time.

The new animated Spiderverse. If you liked the first movie, definitely go watch the second. There is a lot going on in this movie, I definitely missed a few of the gags. But while it might be a little long, it is a dense movie and many of the scenes are absolutely packed with things happening. In terms of age appropriate I have no idea, if your kids were old enough to watch the previous one when it came out, I'm sure they are old enough now for this one. But definitely watch the first one first

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
A couple movies out the last couple of weeks.

Don't go to the Machine. There is some humor, but just watch the Skit on Youtube if you somehow haven't seen it (and aren't easily offended by rated R humor. ). The comedy skit has twice as many laughs in 1/9th the time.

The new animated Spiderverse. If you liked the first movie, definitely go watch the second. There is a lot going on in this movie, I definitely missed a few of the gags. But while it might be a little long, it is a dense movie and many of the scenes are absolutely packed with things happening. In terms of age appropriate I have no idea, if your kids were old enough to watch the previous one when it came out, I'm sure they are old enough now for this one. But definitely watch the first one first

Looking forward to the new "Spiderverse." I haven't read any, but the trailer touts excellent reviews.

Reactions: MustardStew

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
At the charm school: what do you recommend? "A lot of night games" lol

A lot of good lines in that movie. Kit talking about how much their parents like Dottie over her: "How do they introduce us? 'This is our daughter, Dottie. And this is our other daughter, Dottie's sister'" :laugh::laugh:

The scene with Marla and her dad at the train station does make me cry though

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Watched Top Gun Maverick again. Wish I had seen it in the theater.

So many good moments.

I love the whole Darkstar sequence. The plane is awesome, the visuals are great. But I might love Hondo the most, and Cain, because Ed Harris is great.

Hondo: "Did anyone offer you a coffee?"

Cain: Raises eyebrow :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: MustardStew

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
At the charm school: what do you recommend? "A lot of night games" lol

A lot of good lines in that movie. Kit talking about how much their parents like Dottie over her: "How do they introduce us? 'This is our daughter, Dottie. And this is our other daughter, Dottie's sister'" :laugh::laugh:

The scene with Marla and her dad at the train station does make me cry though
I love every moment. Thanks for bringing some of them up,

✌️🕶️

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Watched Top Gun Maverick again. Wish I had seen it in the theater.

So many good moments.

I love the whole Darkstar sequence. The plane is awesome, the visuals are great. But I might love Hondo the most, and Cain, because Ed Harris is great.

Hondo: "Did anyone offer you a coffee?"

Cain: Raises eyebrow :laugh: :laugh:

Interesting on this particular scene. Saw the movie a couple times, and watching it again here. I wonder how others view the scene.

Is Maverick just so intent on pushing to new limits that he kept pushing past 10 until the airplane finally breaks, which is how i viewed the first couple times watching. Or does he hit 10, and is unable to get the plane under control and start slowing it back down?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Interesting on this particular scene. Saw the movie a couple times, and watching it again here. I wonder how others view the scene.

Is Maverick just so intent on pushing to new limits that he kept pushing past 10 until the airplane finally breaks, which is how i viewed the first couple times watching. Or does he hit 10, and is unable to get the plane under control and start slowing it back down?
I think he definitely pushed it past ten, he actually says "just a little more" and Hondo even knew he'd try it. I think he tries to slow it down after he hits 10.1 or 10.2

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Goalie - movie about Terry Sawchuk. So many things have changed but so much has stayed the same. i found it very interesting.

The goalies from the early days were insane to play that position, I didn't know that each team was allowed only one goalie at that time. He played through horrific injuries.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad