Most former 100+ point-scorers on one NHL club?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It's got to be six, right?

1985-86 Oilers (for 8 games)
Rogers, Gretzky, Anderson, Messier, Kurri, Coffey

1986-87 Oilers (late RS and playoffs)
Gretzky, Nilsson, Anderson, Messier, Kurri, Coffey

(In fact. not only are these past 100 point scorers, all are past multiple 100 point scorers.)

Has any club had more?

Reactions: BarnabyJones PI

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Would you believe that while none of the other teams in the eighties and nineties up to the lockout you'd think had a shot at matching this (turn of the nineties Calgary, Rangers 1994 or those past prime veteran/marquee name Rangers teams in the dead puck era, Wings teams from that timeframe including 2002), it was Chicago 1991-1992 of all teams that also got six lol?

Roenick
Larmer
Goulet
a couple of Islanders vets in Tonelli and Sutter
and of course Robbie Brown lol

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Would you believe that while none of the other teams in the eighties and nineties up to the lockout you'd think had a shot at matching this (turn of the nineties Calgary, Rangers 1994 or those past prime veteran/marquee name Rangers teams in the dead puck era, Wings teams from that timeframe including 2002), it was Chicago 1991-1992 of all teams that also got six lol?

Roenick
Larmer
Goulet
a couple of Islanders vets in Tonelli and Sutter
and of course Robbie Brown lol
Good one. I would never have thought of this one, I guess because Tonelli (only 33 games) and Sutter barely made it to 100, only once. Larmer, too, just once barely.

I thought of the early-90s Pens, of course, but I totally forgot Trottier was there.

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
Pittsburgh 1991-1992 if you count Stevens scoring 100 that year would have seven, otherwise they can tie the Oilers with six

Lemieux
Coffey
Trottier
Recchi
Mullen
Francis

With Tocchet and Jagr who would become future 100 point guys
90-91 Pens have
Lemieux
Coffey
Trottier
Mullen
Francis
Brown
Pederson

+ Recchi and Cullen both reached 100 points that season. So either we're at 7 or 9.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
90-91 Pens have
Lemieux
Coffey
Trottier
Mullen
Francis
Brown
Pederson

+ Recchi and Cullen both reached 100 points that season. So either we're at 7 or 9.
Well, players who reached that season don't count. Has to be in the past.

Your list of 7 is sort-of legit, but Brown was only there for 25 games and Francis for 14 after the deadline, so were those two ever there at the same time? Also, was Brown ever there while Pederson was?

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
Well, players who reached that season don't count. Has to be in the past.

Your list of 7 is sort-of legit, but Brown was only there for 25 games and Francis for 14 after the deadline, so were those two ever there at the same time? Also, was Brown ever there while Pederson was?
Brown was traded before Francis came in, so if same time is required, nope.

Last edited:

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
The 1994-95 St. Louis Blues had six former 100-point players on their roster at the same time — Hull, Shanahan, Janney, Anderson, MacInnis, Stastny — but I don't think they ever actually dressed all six for a single game. (Looks like Janney was being benched by Keenan by the time they signed Anderson and Stastny and was traded not long after.)

Edit: Oops, too slow with that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad