Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Let me know when it's 10-0...2 games is hardly a sample size to pimp.

SMDH

Wow, you won 2 games. Seriously? It so galvanized your team! I mean that is just wishful thinking.

Feel free to DM me when you win a cup this yr
Believe it or not I can only speak for results to date. It’s on them to keep it up. Hopefully some of them registered.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
DM Treliving or JP. They might be able to use your testimony in the appeal. Every bit helps.
The appeal was at noon. Though if they were to ask me, I would. I would also as you to come along as a counterpoint - that would help too.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
The appeal was at noon. Though if they were to ask me, I would. I would also as you to come along as a counterpoint - that would help too.
It's probably still going with the amount of "fire power" they brought to New York. Gonna be a two part episode like the Seinfeld finale

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Let me know when it's 10-0...2 games is hardly a sample size to pimp.

SMDH

Wow, you won 2 games. Seriously? It so galvanized your team! I mean that is just wishful thinking.

Feel free to DM me when you win a cup this yr
It has only been two games out of a possible 5.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why are you moving the goal posts to fit your argument?
Theres nothing against the rules about shooting a puck into an empty net after the whistle is there?

Why shouldnt players do it? Especially if its just a harmless tap into the net. Be pretty crazy to get upset over something like that isnt it?

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Depending on how the appeal goes. Wednesday would be game 4, but he will probably have to serve all 5.
surprised-pikachu.gif

Edit: did HF nuke image posting? Been seeing a lot of dead links lately.

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Theres nothing against the rules about shooting a puck into an empty net after the whistle is there?

Why shouldnt players do it? Especially if its just a harmless tap into the net. Be pretty crazy to get upset over something like that isnt it?

It's actually covered under the "unsportsmanlike conduct" section, as is what Ridley did (though not specifically referenced). The thing is the shooting the puck after the whistle was added at one point in time. I will give you three guesses why and the first two don't count. It was added because players view it as disrespectful and chaos breaks out, so they specifically spelled it out..

I've been watching hockey religiously for parts of 6 decades. Not just NHL. AHL, juniors, university, high school etc. That's the first time I have ever seen anyone do that. We all know why. Has nothing to do with talent or ability.. I guarantee if anyone else starts doing it, you will see it specifically spelled out in the book rather than generally, for the same reason the other got spelled out.

No one is moving any posts. Merely setting the trap to force some people to have to explain why certain things are as they are. What is it exactly we are trying to address? Reality is we all know the "but it is only an empty net" crowd are intentionally pretending to be obtuse. They know.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
It's the regular season, Grieg didn't injure anyone nor did he attempt to, the play was over, the game was over, Rielly had lots of time to think about it, Rielly aimed for the head. We can nitpick about 4-5-6 games, but it's at least in the ballpark. I understand why Rielly is appealing. I don't begrudge him that. But at the same time I don't feel the sentence needs to be lightened.
honestly I dont even care that Greig did it Im just saying that doing that comes with a response. and I already said Rielly deserves to be suspended so I dont really care to talk about if he had time to think about it or not.

I just personally think it might be 1 game too long.

really makes no sense how some others get away with doing these types of things and only get a fine.
while others get multiple games

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Agreed. Players should start shooting all the pucks in the net after the whistle. No rule against it and not hurting anyone. Just say I didn't hear the whistle. What's the big deal....

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Took a step outside this brisk winter's morn'
Took a look at the sunrise
She never looked so beautiful before.
Cause deep down inside me, I knew
Is another NHL day without Morgan Rielly
'Cause I know he's sitting for four games or more.
:bb:

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
honestly I dont even care that Greig did it Im just saying that doing that comes with a response. and I already said Rielly deserves to be suspended so I dont really care to talk about if he had time to think about it or not.

I just personally think it might be 1 game too long.

really makes no sense how some others get away with doing these types of things and only get a fine.
while others get multiple games

We agree on every point except the suspension being one game too long. But I understand why you feel that way.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
We agree on every point except the suspension being one game too long. But I understand why you feel that way.
Im also fine with it being 5 games. just when I see other examples of pretty much the same thing I scratch my head that all the suspensions or fines are different. they should have a set punishment. I dunno how DPoS operates but it feels like some players are more safe than others.

Reactions: ismelofhockey

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Took a step outside this brisk winter's morn'
Took a look at the sunrise
She never looked so beautiful before.
Cause deep down inside me, I knew
Is another NHL day without Morgan Rielly
'Cause I know he's sitting for four games or more.
:bb:

it's actually three games fart whitman

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Im also fine with it being 5 games. just when I see other examples of pretty much the same thing I scratch my head that all the suspensions or fines are different. they should have a set punishment. I dunno how DPoS operates but it feels like some players are more safe than others.
Just be happy that this now sets the 'precedent'. All other vicious and heinous 'acts' from here on out should follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad