Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sure, but I think he also realizes when he crosses the line. He sounded like he was going to cry tonight. He said he tried to avoid social media.

I'm sure part of it is the crosscheck but also the players around the league (and his teammates) who said if he tried that on us we'd respond also. It's a rare and sad situation where a player gets crosschecked in the face and players around the league agree with the guy who crosschecked him.

Did you see Keefe after the game and for the last three days. Pretty sure he and boys just had a good cry that a player took advantage of the empty net. Treliving will have the Kleenex close by tomorrow I’m sure.

Of course there would be a response he knew that, he did it to be annoying. I know you and many others have been trying to obfuscate the discourse around the over the top reaction but nobody is saying they would cross check another player in the head as retribution, that’s not the only type of response. He will continue be annoying. Maybe he doesn’t touch rafters on his next empty net, but he’s going to keep playing his game, it’s not the only way to be annoying.

Reactions: LiseL

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Like when a parent needs to teach a kid who's acting up a lesson.

Rielly did it for the greater good of the league.

Not sure I could pass up the opportunity if I had the chance to troll the Leafs with an empty netter that would cause their entire team to lose their shit. Messing with a mentally weak team has to be fun.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Ok if it's the vast majority then show your work and share all the statements/quotes of other players or teams (non-Senators) that came out and said they loved what Greig did.
I'm talking about other team's fans :laugh:

This is the current captain of an NHL team talking about it.

Oh my God that's one player. that's not 70 to 80% where's the other 588 players???

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
So maybe include the one additional word 'fans' then, because otherwise it pretty clearly reads as teams, cause that's what you wrote. I guess your inability to articulate your thoughts is funny.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Ok if it's the vast majority then show your work and share all the statements/quotes of other players or teams (non-Senators) that came out and said they loved what Greig did.
Why would you ask someone to "show their work" when they are responding to someone who made a claim they have not "shown their work" on yet?
So maybe include the one additional word 'fans' then, because otherwise it pretty clearly reads as teams, cause that's what you wrote. I guess your inability to articulate your thoughts is funny.
You seem to be a real stickler for rules, but only in one direction. It's very strange.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Oh my God that's one player. that's not 70 to 80%

Okay?

Go read the other thread. How many do I need to post?

Here's 1:

Here's 2:

Here's 3:

Here's 4:

Here's 5:

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Why would you ask someone to "show their work" when they are responding to someone who made a claim they have not "shown their work on" yet?
He said the vast majority of teams loved what Greig did, so I asked him to share examples. He can ask the other guy to share examples as well if he would like. We're not the same person.
You seem to be a real stickler for rules, but only in one direction. It's very strange.
Not really sure what this is supposed to mean. He wrote an incomplete sentence or at least didn't fully articulate what he meant, and then laughed as if it was so obvious what he meant when it wasn't. I don't know which rules you are referring to.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He said the vast majority of teams loved what Greig did, so I asked him to share examples. He can ask the other guy to share examples as well if he would like. We're not the same person.

Not really sure what this is supposed to mean. He wrote an incomplete sentence or at least didn't fully articulate what he meant, and then laughed as if it was so obvious what he meant when it wasn't. I don't know which rules you are referring to.
It all means that whenever someone says, most everyone agrees that him getting crosschecked in the face was warranted with no evidence, you don't care about evidence. When someone says, everyone liked that he slapped shotted the empty netter, you jump up and demand evidence.

TLDR, you don't care about evidence, you care about the Leafs not looking whiney.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah but 70% loved what Rielly did. Where are those numbers?
He can share them, that wasn't me that said it. We're not some big hive mind (in before some dumb Leafs fanbase joke).

It all means that whenever someone says, most everyone agrees that him getting crosschecked in the face was warranted with no evidence, you don't care about evidence. When someone says, everyone liked that he slapped shotted the empty netter, you jump up and demand evidence.

TLDR, you don't care about evidence, you care about the Leafs not looking whiney.
I've said a few times now he can share the evidence if he'd like, it's not on me. He shared a clip of Brayden Schenn, so there's at least one example more than the other guy.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He can share them, that wasn't me that said it. We're not some big hive mind (in before some dumb Leafs fanbase joke).

I've said a few times now he can share the evidence if he'd like, it's not on me. He shared a clip of Brayden Schenn, so there's at least one example more than the other guy.
I enjoyed, the slap shot. He enjoyed the slap shot. I skipped close to 150 pages of this stuff, but there is two on this page alone from new sources. Your turn.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I enjoyed, the slap shot. He enjoyed the slap shot. I skipped close to 150 pages of this stuff, but there is two on this page alone from new sources. Your turn.
Keep up man. He said the vast majority of other teams, I responded in turn asking him to show all the examples of teams/players that said they loved what Greig did, and then he clarified that he meant fans. That same guy hasn't even responded since then because he clarified what he meant and so that conversation ended until you inserted yourself back into it.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

I did share them. I posted 5 different former/current NHL players agreeing with what Rielly did.

Now he can find me at least 5 that think what Greig did is okay.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I did share them. I posted 5 different former/current NHL players agreeing with what Rielly did.
I know, I'm saying you can do it yourself and don't need me to do it for you because you're already doing it. For some reason they think we're all one person or something.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yeah but 70% loved what Rielly did. Where are those numbers?

Here:

I just posted 5 former/current NHL players who agreed with Rielly publicly.

Now find some who agree with Greig (that don't play with him). The 70-80% was based on what I was seeing. I didn't see any players who thought Greig deserved no retaliation.

Heck, even Josh Norris (Sens player) said if it happened to us we wouldn't be very happy.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Keep up man. He said the vast majority of other teams, I responded in turn asking him to show all the examples of teams/players that said they loved what Greig did, and then he clarified that he meant fans. That same guy hasn't even responded since then because he clarified what he meant and so that conversation ended until you inserted yourself back into it.
You can keep saying whatever, but my bottom line still stands. You only jumped up and clutched your pearls over "examples" or evidence or sources when it was about the leafs. Again, he responded with hyperbole to someone making a claim that they couldn't back up. "70-80%"

You ignored that to demand evidence.... from one side. You don't care about evidence, or sources, or any of that. You care about the Leafs not looking whiney, and I must say, you aren't doing a great job.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You can keep saying whatever, but my bottom line still stands. You only jumped up and clutched your pearls over "examples" or evidence or sources when it was about the leafs. Again, he responded with hyperbole to someone making a claim that they couldn't back up. "70-80%"

You ignored that to demand evidence.... from one side. You don't care about evidence, or sources, or any of that. You care about the Leafs not looking whiney, and I must say, you aren't doing a great job.

I DID post evidence

Now the other side can counter with all the players defending Greig. I'll wait.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Here:

I just posted 5 former/current NHL players who agreed with Rielly publicly.

Now find some who agree with Greig (that don't play with him). The 70-80% was based on what I was seeing. I didn't see any players who thought Greig deserved no retaliation.

Heck, even Josh Norris (Sens player) said if it happened to us we wouldn't be very happy.

I like how the question started with how many agreed with Reilly cross checking him in the face and has devolved into a more general statement that players wouldn’t be happy or would respond.

Reactions: Neil Patrick Harris

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I like how the question started with how many agreed with Reilly cross checking him in the face and has devolved into a more general statement that players wouldn’t be happy or would respond.

Yeah, based on what I've seen 70-80% agreed with Rielly.

Now, you can show me all the players who don't. Right now based on evidence presented it's 100% in favour of Rielly since there hasn't been one example presented defending Greig.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

...and Divine has been sharing examples. You want me to demand Divine to share more examples and evidence, then why aren't you doing the same to the Sens fan (who has since left the conversation and moved on, by the way). You say I'm clutching pearls and demanding evidence, yet you're doing the same thing to me, no? Why are you not telling the Sens fan to as well? Feels like you're the one that's upset and demanding things of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad