Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Ridley just cradled like a wimp. Protect yourself from a minor stick infraction to the head. If he just raised his stick in self defence, he ends up bouncing slightly of the boards.

Way overblown.
So its Ridleys fault for not defending himself long after the whistle had blown and the play was dead from a Flagrant act to inflict harm by Morgan who clearly has Anger Control issues which may be part of a larger Psychiatric or Mental Health concern...?

DOPS should have included a mandatory Psychiatric evaluation as part of the punishment.

Based on the comments from some of the Leafs players, it seems they and the head coach Keefe also need to be evaluated by a Psychiatric professional as well.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm offended by this.

By this rules logic, someone can sucker-cross-check Rielly in his coward mouth, in nothing resembling a hockey play, and have 5 days off work.

Reaves wants more violence, amidoingthisrite?

What a joke of a team.

Reactions: 5minutemajor

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
So its Ridleys fault for not defending himself long after the whistle had blown and the play was dead from a Flagrant act to inflict harm by Morgan who clearly has Anger Control issues which may be part of a larger Psychiatric or Mental Health concern...?

DOPS should have included a mandatory Psychiatric evaluation as part of the punishment.

Based on the comments from some of the Leafs players, it seems they and the head coach Keefe also need to be evaluated by a Psychiatric professional as well.
Did you use a pogo stick to help you jump to these wild conclusions or

Rielly got a suspension when he deserved one

Plenty of players with similar plays got little to no punishment. Are we looking for mental evaluations on all those guys too?

Are we calling for 10 and 20 games for Zegras, Edmundson, chiasson, and Greig himself?

Reactions: OVO16

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Xhekaj had the breakaway and slapped it into the net, would any Leaf player do anything about it?

Nope.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Lol they do. 5 games is too much considering Greig dove like a whale on the ice and immediately turtled
Cross checked in the head.

Who would be afraid of Morgan Rielly? Nobody. Greig can take care of himself.

I guess your "man's man" Rielly will certainly challenge him next time they meet.

Ya not likely.

Lol.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
David Perron gets a game misconduct in the first period and six games.

Rielly gets a game misconduct with 5 seconds left in the game and 5 games.

tHe lEaGuE GiVeS ThE LeAfS WaY MoRe sUsPeNsIoNs!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Terrible, i might stop watching hockey... What reilly did was textbook hockey. You cant take slapshots on open nets,, it simply cant be done. Suspended reilly for hurting someone for showboating is defending the showboater and punishing the fair honourable player. This game is an embarrassment
Sarcasm, right?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Strong in both. A little stronger in Leafland.

But I point out that we lost a first round pick for nonsense and a key player suspended for 41 games for something.

Who's fault was that? Your GM was a moron and Pinto shouldn't have done it.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Dude was on the ground for awhile. He didn’t pop up right away. Thank god no one got injured from Morgan’s psycho outburst.
Yeah like I said he was on the ground until he saw the coast was clear. Dude was fine. Its actually more embarassing for him laying on the ice like he was shot when in reality he was perfectly fine. He didnt want to answer any bells

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yeah like I said he was on the ground until he saw the coast was clear. Dude was fine. Its actually more embarassing for him laying on the ice like he was shot when in reality he was perfectly fine. He didnt want to answer any bells

Taking lessons from the master.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hockey is meant to have cross checks thats why its only a 2 minute penalty not a 5 game suspension

You can receive a major penalty for cross checking. Looking back at it I think that’s what Rielly got. He didn’t get 2 minutes.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I see this team play often enough to know that you don't know what your talking about with Greig. 60 point player with the team for a decade. Lol :biglaugh:

Great point producer in junior. 6pts in 5 games at the world juniors. And now pacing for 40 points as a rookie.

50-60 points seams like a huge stretch...totally laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad