Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Sadly its only going to be downhill from here for the rest of your seasons entertainment.
Not really, no.

Example: Chucky just scored back to back goals and it's f***ing sweeeeeeeeet.

Entertaining plays happen every game. Lots of exciting reasons to watch hockey, win or lose.

If a five game suspension is entertaining to you, well...
I mean, after all of the whining and complaining and conspiracy theories and the woe is me'ing yesterday... yeah, pretty entertaining right now, gotta say.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
If a five game suspension is entertaining to you, well...
It's been entertaining to go back to the original thread and read Leafs fans defending his actions. It was an egregious crosscheck that was deserving of this suspension.

I guess the main difference between this and Perron was that Perron had been previously fined for a crosscheck.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I mean, after all of the whining and complaining and conspiracy theories and the woe is me'ing yesterday... yeah, pretty entertaining right now, gotta say.

I agree. You guys really cried to your hearts' content in that other thread.

Reactions: OVO16

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Youre right, reading people cry that SN, TSN, Bell, Rogers, the Leafs and the league are in cahoots is entertaining.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Ridley just cradled like a wimp. Protect yourself from a minor stick infraction to the head. If he just raised his stick in self defence, he ends up bouncing slightly of the boards.

Way overblown.

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
Play was over. Stick to the head. Deliberate attempt to injure. 5 games is a joke. Look at the games he will miss - Anaheim, Arizona, Philadelphia and St. Louis 2x. Toronto bias again rears it's ugly head.

Reactions: 5minutemajor

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah I mean look at the suspension numbers.

Think you need to do a little update on those numbers
point-and-wink-facts-eral3po07kkrjn1h.gif

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I love the homers who claim the stick rode up Grieg's shoulder. It was a direct crosscheck to the head. Easily 5 games. Reilly got off easy.
Came from behind , cross checked him in the head, while he kid was celebrating a goal with six seconds left. Real tough.
Where was Rielly when Machand pitchforked his team mate right into IR. Or when Bennet knocked the rookie Knies out of the play offs in game one of Panthers series. Ha! But this kid crossed a line did he?
Think Rielly was more pissed off at his own lousey game and losing another games against the Sens. Siezed the opportunity to go after the kid.

Reactions: LiseL

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
No worse than in Sens land.
Strong in both. A little stronger in Leafland.

But I point out that we lost a first round pick for nonsense and a key player suspended for 41 games for something.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Every empty net goal against the Leafs going forward should be a celebration of putting the puck in the net. And when I say "celebration", I mean like how Prince shredding a guitar solo during "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was a celebration of the ability to appreciate and love music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad