Post-Game Talk: Montreal/Reimer defeat the Leafs....

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Do you guys want to know what the even more pathetic thing is?

Knowing Carlyle and how stubborn he is, I will bet you guys anything that Reimer will probably start tomorrow against New Jersey too.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Slow start, weak goaltending and late game penalties have been costing us a lot of points lately. As of now, I think Toronto is in a position where, considering games in hand, we'll end up chasing a playoff spot rather than defending one.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
a 3rd period PP winning goal for the habs that should never been called...check
3 shots off the post and none went in...check
garbage goaltending by Reimer....check
usual late season collapse to end up in 9th to miss the playoffs and get a crap pick...check

played well enough to win this game....

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
That game reminded me of 2007 when Raycroft kept blowing leads for us and finally got pulled in game 82 when we were life and death to make the playoffs. Then Aubin came in and won for us.

Was that the same year that a NJ/NYR shootout screwed us the day after?

probably going to happen this year too.. miss out on the last day

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This shouldn't be forgotten because Reimer sucked.

Phaneuf is a piece of **** too...with him as Captain, Leafs will never win a playoff series let alone the Cup.

Slow, dumb and a turnover machine...had all the time to clear the puck and failed.

This! :rant:

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
McIntyre can't possibly be worst than Reimer. Time to see him in net.

The team wasn't so bad. They scored 3 goals after those horrendous couple of goals allowed by Reimer. The team maybe surrendered two goals and scored 3. Reimer on the other hand just gave them a two goal gift. I used to be a fan of Reimer, but he's pissing me off more and more nowadays. I don't wanna see him in net anymore.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am pissed. Yes, Kessel had the giveaway and Gleason had that issue - but those were stoppable pucks All of them. The team came back twice, and ALL Reimer had to do was freaking stop ONE LESS PUCK. that game winner was BRUTAL.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Soft goals at terrible times. And not just soft on Reimer's part; Kessel's giveaway, somehow giving a guy as slow as Bourque a breakaway, and Phaneuf having tons of time, yet not clearing the puck.

We're likely going to have to go 6-4-0 or even 7-3-0 the rest of the way to make it.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

It's really pathetic at this point..... Reimer loses the number 1 job, gets a chance to say "hey, I am still here guys" and he can't get up to play? Not only for this team but for every other team in the NHL, because he knows he will likely be gone after this season, and teams are watching him.

If I am another NHL team, I look at Reimer and I don't see a guy I want to be my NHL goalie.

It's sad, I liked Reimer, but.......

Start MacIntyre tomorrow, and we need the win desperately.

As per your bet in the GDT, it's time to change your avatar. I vote for this
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/c3/c341c3cc2438b00317f2d985540e0a64a99d66af3ee6a00ccf8570f562862b11.jpg

Mar 26, 2010
ITS PHANEUF'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team is never going to win with that fool!!!!!!!!!!

Leafs have MISSED the playoffs!!!!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Do you guys want to know what the even more pathetic thing is?

Knowing Carlyle and how stubborn he is, I will bet you guys anything that Reimer will probably start tomorrow against New Jersey too.
I have no doubt that will be the case.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
This loss is all on Reimer, it was a mistake to go with him again. Mack is a better option at this point, Reimer can't see the net again.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I don't care what anyone says, that game was on Reimer. 3 goals he should have stopped. Really don't see how anyone can defend him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad