GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets- 1/25/16 7:00pm EST SNE, RDS, TSN 69

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
These next two games are hardly shoe-ins.

The last game with Columbus was 1-1 till the last period with just a few minutes to go and ended 2-1 in Habs favour. It was close.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
wow this board is negative lately... when's the last time a draft pick helped our NHL team in their first year?

with our core in their prime can we really wait for young talent to develop in the minors?

is tanking really the solution?

when we see the results (if any) carey, max, and PK could be in their 30s...

3 years ago.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
3 years ago.

Meh. Galchenyuk is really nice to have, sure.. but had we finished high that season and had a later pick I'm sure they would have found someone via free agency or trade that could have been playing 3rd/2nd LW for the past few years and put up the same production.

**** tanking.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
wow this board is negative lately... when's the last time a draft pick helped our NHL team in their first year?

with our core in their prime can we really wait for young talent to develop in the minors?

is tanking really the solution?

when we see the results (if any) carey, max, and PK could be in their 30s...

Tanking may not be the solution, but thinking that this forward group, which is essentially the same as the last two playoffs run, can get farther in the playoffs is wishful thinking. Too much to do, no way Bergevin replaces DD and Weise in the top 6 with better options.

So what do we do from here? Head to another certain playoffs failure, or tank, get a good player that may be useful next season or can be used in a trade to improve our core now? Gives us options, while we don't have many at the moment.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Meh. Galchenyuk is really nice to have, sure.. but had we finished high that season and had a later pick I'm sure they would have found someone via free agency or trade that could have been playing 3rd/2nd LW for the past few years and put up the same production.

**** tanking.

With Bergevin?

Not a chance in hell :laugh:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
With Bergevin?

Not a chance in hell :laugh:

If that's what you believe, then fine. I'm pretty confident that had he not had Galchenyuk, he would have pursued someone. He believed in Galchenyuk from the get go and left a spot open for him to take, and he did.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
two wins against columbus and we could be back to second in the division

then the all star break for markov and plek to rest...

then price could be ready a couple of weeks later...

condon returns to his backup spot where he had success

i think we can all agree-- if MB can add a top6 fwd before the deadline we have a chance this year

tanking is for losers

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

**** tanking.

I was specifically answering to this question :

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

i think we can all agree-- if MB can add a top6 fwd before the deadline we have a chance this year

tanking is for losers

And renting is even more for losers, especially now.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

tanking is for losers

But he can't big trades don't happen.

Even if he did, that top 6 guy likely plays on DD's wing and is dumped on the 4th line the first time he turns the puck over.

HabsandSmokies

Dec 7, 2013
If they can win tonight we will have a 2 game winning steak ! :handclap:

Last time we won two in a row was Nov 27th, almost 2 months ago...pretty sad.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
we're not tanking and Therrien is not getting fired, might as well hope for a couple of victories. You guys need some more hot chocolate and pyjama pants in your life, you're always mad

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
someone should compile a list of the tank-crew so when we make the playoffs we can shame them

and so I can add them to the ignore list. They're the type of fans who would still cheer for a loss in the playoffs. I can see it now.. "They deserve to lose!" "Maybe if we get swept in the playoffs Therrien will get fired, please sweep us"

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
and so I can add them to the ignore list. They're the type of fans who would still cheer for a loss in the playoffs. I can see it now.. "They deserve to lose!" "Maybe if we get swept in the playoffs Therrien will get fired, please sweep us"

I seriously think there were people saying this last year against Tampa :laugh:

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
someone should compile a list of the tank-crew so when we make the playoffs we can shame them

Since when is making the playoffs the ultimate prize? Some hab fans expectations are turning into the common Leaf expectations fans slowly but surely.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Of course there were. Their leader was banned this summer but some of the minions are still around...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Some of you are still at the Denial step while most of us are already at the Acceptance step.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How about we keep track of the people who cheer to get owned in the first round of the playoffs when they complain we don't have enough talent.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Add WTK and myself to the top of that list. I don't care.

But then we should also compile a "win-regardless-crew" so that we can shame them when the Habs are still mediocre and **** next year and for the rest 5 years. And shame them even more when the cup window closes on our prime players and all we have to show for it is a couple of playoff wins and some early exits ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad