GDT: Montréal Canadiens vs. Chicago Blackhawks Dec 5th @ 20:30 EST RDS,SNE,CSN-CH, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Did anyone think different? Allen and Gonchar should just go..

Many were pumping his tires after his first game.

Still it's on Therrien. His mishandling of the defense core last year has them in this position this year, and it's his choice to keep throwing these guys out 20 min a nite instead of riding Subban

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
People dump on Gonchar, Gilbert, Allen, Weaver, Emelin, Beaulieu, and Tinordi. Even PK got his share of criticism. Markov is the one that gets away with the least criticism.
Time for you guys to understand the players aren't really the issue.

Basically we are ****ed

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Emelin , weaver, gonchar, gilbert, allen are all problems on defense

you can have 1 of them on your team, maybe 2, but ALL of them?

god

its even worse poor 36 yr old markov is on the first pairing and hes not too quick as well :/.. hes great, but this collective team D slowness is going to get us NO where

its pretty amazing, gonchar and gilbert and weaver and allen have taken away Beaulieus and Tinordis spots ... mind blowing really..

they just cant be overall worse players than these OLD and slow veterans... makes no sense to me i love bergy but i believe he may of messed up our D bad, for this year tho

Beaulieu or Tinordi would not look any better. Our issues comes from our poor structure, not personnel.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Still it's on Therrien. His mishandling of the defense core last year has them in this position this year, and it's his choice to keep throwing these guys out 20 min a nite instead of riding Subban

Did Bergevin not tell Therrien.. Hey. These clowns I got were only for expiring contracts I don't wanna actually play them?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Gonchar still is decent with his positioning. He's slow, but he knows it. He's rarely off position. It's more about our structure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Beaulieu or Tinordi would not look any better. Our issues comes from our poor structure, not personnel.

Question is, would they look worse? If not, then give Beaulieu and Tinordi NHL TOI instead.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
With our D group, I wish we didn't have 2 forwards on the forecheck. Creates way too much space in the middle of the ice and we can match the speed of the oncoming rush.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

they would look a BIT better im pretty sure

blaming a D coach is pushing it a bit when our old 35 year old defenseman are the ones running around out there with their heads cut off

but, that being said, daigneault should be shot too.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I never seen a PP setup being so inefficient for so long while trying nothing new to change it. It like a really slow kid trying to shove a peg in a square hole.

Square-Peg-Round-Hole-Job-Search.jpg

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They have true top 6 players...Habs, not so much. They have superior Dmen. Not a fair fight

Yup, their passing game is just superior. The habs struggle to break out by getting to the middle of the ice.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
they would look a BIT better im pretty sure

blaming a D coach is pushing it a bit when our old 35 year old defenseman are the ones running around out there with their heads cut off

but, that being said, daigneault should be shot too.

PK Subban hasn't been playing particularly well either. A bit better lately, but it's not just our 35+ year old guys. Emelin has been pretty bad too.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Compare the Hawks on offense to the Habs on offense.

Focus on the slot area. If/when the Habs have someone in the slot, they are not skating and just standing still waiting for the puck.

When the Hawks have the puck, the forwards without the puck skate into the slot and if a pass is not available, they skate out followed by another forward skating in toward the slot. Constant movement in a prime scoring area.

Its not the Habs forwards' fault for not scoring. Its the system they are playing that hurts our scoring.

Very stark difference between the Hawks and the Habs.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Compare the Hawks on offense to the Habs on offense.

Focus on the slot area. If/when the Habs have someone in the slot, they are not skating and just waiting for the puck.

When the Hawks have the puck, the forwards without the puck skate into the slot and if a pass is not available, they skate out followed by another forward skating in toward the slot. Constant movement in a prime scoring area.

Its not the Habs forwards' fault for not scoring. Its the system they are playing that hurts our scoring.

Very stark difference between the Hawks and the Habs.

Totally agree. The two main components of our system's problems are:

1)No movement/creativity in the Ozone. Just hacking the puck around and forcing plays because we're standing still.

2)No support for the Defence. They look bad but in a better system their jobs would be much, much easier

Analyzer*

Did anyone think different? Allen and Gonchar should just go..

They just need to sit in the press box.

Totally agree. Bergevin was on a mission to dump salary, not acquire over the hill talent...to free up salary next year we have now the worst D in the league. Habs would be better with Nathan and Tinordi in the line up. If nothing else they would be developing.

Those were good moves until he left them on the active NHL roster.

Pyromaniacs set fires because that's what they do.
Addicts will resort to their addiciton, because that's what they do.
****** coaches will make ****** decisions, because that's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad