WWE: Monday Night Raw 201: The Paul Heyman Era begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Cedric thing felt like Heyman wanting to push someone new and giving them a spotlight, but Vince needing his result to happen.

That would have been much better if Cedric had pinned Shane. Like wtf, **** Shane

It was so dumb.

The masked guy lost. Why do I give a f*** who it is. Revealing it to be Cedric just makes him look like a geek.

If he all of a sudden kicked Shane's ass and pinned him, and then revealed himself, he probably would've got a big pop. But he lost. So no one cares.

And that mixed tag elimination match was dumb. As you said, if Andrade pinned Seth, who the hell wins the match?

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not saying it was smart, but if its supposed to be Garry the old janitor and the dude starts flipping then i wanna know who it is.
Shane and Drew did sold it as wtf is going on here even after the victory.
to reveal a guy who we were complaining he deserves to be pushed....

like the guy starts doing flips and shit and you end the show because he lost?
he had to lose. the guy was one of the goofs running after the 24/7 backstage. last weeks.

and love to the Dos Caras mask too.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Lol. Soooo you had a guy wrestle in a mask, and then reveal himself AFTER his loss?

There's bad writing where people say dumb shit or have bad angles, and then there's this. These are simple mistakes that you'd think wouldn't be made considering Vince and several other higher ups have been doing this for decades.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It just felt like the compromise of Heyman wanting one of the guys he’s going to push in that spot but Vince getting the final say on the result.

It was executed poorly though. It’s just really dumb.

Like, even in defeat, just keep the mask on him. Shane and Drew lose at ER, and then have Shane want to make an example of someone and bring this masked dude out again. He kicks Shane’s ass and wins, he gets one up on Drew and then reveal that it was Cedric.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm sure everyone has addressed it, but seeing Alexander come in and do a few cool moves then eat a pin and be happy about it made zero sense to me and didn't further whatever idiotic storyline they're pushing.

Oh I'm sure Shane will continue pulling double shifts, and show up again on Smackdown tonight to tell us all about it. :shakehead

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Shane Mcmahon being in a RAW main event in 2019 is crap no matter his opponent. I know it's Vince's son but it's still a terrible idea to have Shane O Mac being one of the most featured "wrestlers".

Reactions: Grackle Party

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Shane Mcmahon being in a RAW main event in 2019 is crap no matter his opponent. I know it's Vince's son but it's still a terrible idea to have Shane O Mac being one of the most featured "wrestlers".
Are you in for a treat tonight. It's gonna be the Best In The Woooorld and Drew vs. Roman and Alexander. Book it.

Reactions: Sheppy

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The worst part is......where's the payoff? He's not even in a feud for a title right now, he's just beating up on Roman Reigns - and the occasional ring announcer - while getting 2-3 segments per show. Twice a week, more than most actual wrestlers are featured.

I mean, I have to assume that's the end game, Shane somehow gets another belt, only for it to blow up spectacularly in his face.

In a perfect world, Vince comes to his senses and starts pushing animosity between Shane and Drew, who's tired of being a lackey. Drew just destroys Shane, putting him off TV for good, and that leads to a solo push for Drew to challenge Kofi. Or Seth, who cares at this point.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nothing is going to change after Extreme Rules, either. It's going to be the same old ****. Heyman is going to want to push his ideas and Vince is going to allow them - to an extent - while still getting final say on everything.

He'll never let go of control until he dies.

Reactions: Grackle Party

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So how much longer can WWE not have Bray return before he lose all the momentum? Fans are ready to pop for Bray's return, but WWE wants to keep marching out the same boring matches and storylines.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Maybe they're lost on how to do the in ring Bray. Do they have him come out as the creepy child show host leading children like the pied piper. Then do a quick lights out change to put the mask on?

Do they have him come out as the monster, then when he wins the lights go out, he removes the mask and he's surrounded by kids?

Maybe they bit off more then they can chew in terms of executing this thing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe they're lost on how to do the in ring Bray. Do they have him come out as the creepy child show host leading children like the pied piper. Then do a quick lights out change to put the mask on?

Do they have him come out as the monster, then when he wins the lights go out, he removes the mask and he's surrounded by kids?

Maybe they bit off more then they can chew in terms of executing this thing.
This is Wyatt’s brainchild. He obviously would know how he wants it to be portrayed. They just stopped the vignettes in that weird PPV loop of like 3 PPVs in 7-8 weeks so he doesn’t figure into storyline right now.

They should have just kept the vignettes going until this past show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So how much longer can WWE not have Bray return before he lose all the momentum? Fans are ready to pop for Bray's return, but WWE wants to keep marching out the same boring matches and storylines.
All Bray Wyatt ever does is boring matches, so it can't be that detrimental.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
All Bray Wyatt ever does is boring matches, so it can't be that detrimental.

He actually moves pretty well for a guy his size. Now that he's leaned down a bit and is a bit more muscular, I wonder if/how it'll change his in ring performance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1. Bray Wyatt
2. Finn Balor in The Club

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad