Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I just saw the "hit" on Smitty. He deserves to never play again. His arm was pinned and was being forced backwards by 2 guys.

What are the refs doing anyway? Their job in moments like that is to protect the players. Instead they were probably looking elsewhere, searching for a juicy ineligible man downfield or a hold that doesn't impact the play. What a shame on all fronts. Shame on the refs for letting that play out and shame on whoever decided to launch at Smith's defenseless head. That player has absolutely no regard for human life, and I mean that 100%

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Social media is a cesspool.

I've entered the maelstrom of X mostly for sports news and a little politics from reliable sources, but the algorithm keeps feeding me narcissists, neurotics and psychotics in an endless stream.

My fingers are sore from repeatedly hitting "block."

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Social media is a cesspool.

I've entered the maelstrom of X mostly for sports news and a little politics from reliable sources, but the algorithm keeps feeding me narcissists, neurotics and psychotics in an endless stream.

My fingers are sore from repeatedly hitting "block."

I highly recommend looking elsewhere for politics, if you're good with picking up a second site, and cutting your Twitter feed down to just sports. I'm only still on Twitter for sports, Magic, and the hockey jersey lottery thing I do; everything else is better sourced on smaller sites with better moderation controls (personally, I favor Bluesky, but there are a lot of options out there that provide a more curated experience.) You'll get more of what you're looking for, and a lot less of the barrage of bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad