WWE: Monday Night Raw 201: The Paul Heyman Era begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I was hoping that Paul would come in and kill the Becky Lynch Seth Rollins crap. Instead they doubled down. Its just so damn stupid. Losing interest in Becky since she went from the lone wolf man, to here's my life partner.

Just dumb

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I’d love to see a heel Balor join up with The Club and come down to the ring on Gallows’ shoulders like he did with Fale
With the bs wild card rule this could be a real possibility !.... till you realize vince is still in charge

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This all would be so much better if they had a guy like Bobby "the Brain" Heenan announcing.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So what was the consensus of the first Heyman show? Worthwhile to tune back in or keep holding off a bit to see if anything gets better? I am guessing too soon to tell.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
The Elias spot with his knee hitting the ringpost was done well. It legitimately looked like it hurt

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
didnt really see it as there was too many people in this house. but i enjoyed what i saw..... confused by the streetprofits. like you just took the tag champs and gave them the belts. just to call them too lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So what was the consensus of the first Heyman show? Worthwhile to tune back in or keep holding off a bit to see if anything gets better? I am guessing too soon to tell.

Too soon to say. Some good parts. Some not so good parts.

We won't really see how things change until after Extreme Rules when Heyman really takes over with a clean slate and can start new storylines.

Right now, all he can do is continue what is there. Seems like most will end at Extreme Rules though

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Too soon to say. Some good parts. Some not so good parts.

We won't really see how things change until after Extreme Rules when Heyman really takes over with a clean slate and can start new storylines.

Right now, all he can do is continue what is there. Seems like most will end at Extreme Rules though

Considering Heyman inherited something that was complete crap, the fact that much of it was good is promising. When you take into account he has storylines he is stuck with until Extreme Rules, it will hopefully be even better when that clean slate is handed to him.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So, STILL no Bray Wyatt sightings?

We're into July now, feels like he's been out of the ring for close to a year.

I'm bracing for yet another disappointing decision from Creative/Vince, but at this point ANYTHING would be welcome.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So, STILL no Bray Wyatt sightings?

We're into July now, feels like he's been out of the ring for close to a year.

I'm bracing for yet another disappointing decision from Creative/Vince, but at this point ANYTHING would be welcome.

Just more puppets in the background.

Which I do like that, but doing that for like 6 weeks is a bit long. They should have did like 2 or 3 more funhouse episodes, did the puppets in the background of other segments, and then he returns at Extreme Rules or the Raw after it

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Considering Heyman inherited something that was complete crap, the fact that much of it was good is promising. When you take into account he has storylines he is stuck with until Extreme Rules, it will hopefully be even better when that clean slate is handed to him.

Hopefully he blows off most of the feuds currently going at Extreme Rules and we get to basically start over.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hopefully he blows off most of the feuds currently going at Extreme Rules and we get to basically start over.

Well, he seemingly ended Strowman and Lashley, so that's good.

There's no way Becky/Seth and Corbin/Lacey continues.

So that will help a lot.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well, he seemingly ended Strowman and Lashley, so that's good.

There's no way Becky/Seth and Corbin/Lacey continues.

So that will help a lot.

You really think they did that big angle and aren't gonna follow up on it?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You really think they did that big angle and aren't gonna follow up on it?

They shouldn’t.

Braun should be gone for a couple months to sell it, and Lashley should move onto something else. In 6 months, maybe a year, have a blow off match.

That’s long term booking so I fully expect Braun to miraculously heel next week and we’ll have Braun vs Lashley at Extreme Rules

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bobby Lashley isn’t a guy who anyone really cares about. He’s a terrible baby face and a terrible heel. He’s a big, jacked dude that fans can’t be bothered by. He’s been like this forever imo.
He was much better in TNA.

Just like EC3.

And Roode.

I’m sensing a trend here.

Reactions: Fro

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
To be fair I never watched TNA much. I’m just going by his stints in the WWE. He’s always been pretty bad to me.
He was still who he is, it's just TNA actually wrote his character to be a big deal and was willing to go outside the generic WWE presentation that WWE has been far too rigid with recently.

TNA have been very good at that in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad