WWE: Monday Night Raw 192: Mania sign pointing season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like I said in the other thread, Rollins is literally better than Balor at everything. A hot 3 week run doesn't change a whole year.

When Rollins wins, he will be boring as f*** as Champ in about 1 month. And when he starts claiming he is going to do it for Roman and that this is his dream and oh my heart blah blah.. it's going to be uninspiring and boring.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's uninspiring? It has always been? Seth's a fantastic in-ring worker and a leader when it comes to showing off night after night. He doesn't need the mega Lesnar rub. Nobody was hyped about it when big Dave reported it months ago.

Is it a safe choice? Sure. Is it going to be good? Yep. But it's uninspiring to say the least.
Nobody "needs" the mega Lesnar rub, which isn't even that big anymore since Roman and Goldberg pinned Lesnar clean since the streak ended (and they did that weird non-finish pass out thing with Undertaker).

It's about setting the course for the next chapter on Raw, and Seth Rollins is the man. He checks every mark. Great look, super talented, good on the mic, charisma, over, personality and versatile in regards to character work. The win over Lesnar is just an added bonus to begin his title reign.

Reactions: BonMorrison

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Seth needs the rub, idk why ya'll think he doesn't. It's literally the last thing he needs to do to become the #1 face in the company.

He will never be the #1 face of the company. He's the #1 in-ring leader, but he's not a John Cena. And sure... Balor isn't either, but that Demon can sell and Rollins could have given the wrestling fans what they wanted with a 5* with DB. It seemed win/win. Kids get the demon. Wrestling fans get DB/Seth.

I find Seth to be crazy boring as a top face. Give me the heel laugh. Face Rollins has no substance to him. At least Balor had the underdog vibe plus the demon for the kids.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
When Rollins wins, he will be boring as **** as Champ in about 1 month. And when he starts claiming he is going to do it for Roman and that this is his dream and oh my heart blah blah.. it's going to be uninspiring and boring.
What would Finn be?

"This is Balor Club"
*smile* *pop collar* *here are my abs and bulge on the apron lol*
"Balor Club for Everyone"
"This title win, like Balor Club, is for everyone"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He will never be the #1 face of the company. He's the #1 in-ring leader, but he's not a John Cena. And sure... Balor isn't either, but that Demon can sell and Rollins could have given the wrestling fans what they wanted with a 5* with DB. It seemed win/win. Kids get the demon. Wrestling fans get DB/Seth.

I find Seth to be crazy boring as a top face. Give me the heel laugh. Face Rollins has no substance to him. At least Balor had the underdog vibe plus the demon for the kids.

Seth went 5 (imo) once already with Lesnar.

Although it was a triple threat and Lesnar was dead for half of the match.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What would Finn be?

"This is Balor Club"
*smile* *pop collar* *here are my abs and bulge on the apron lol*
"Balor Club for Everyone"
"This title win, like Balor Club, is for everyone"

From a business/marketing campaign.. yeah i'd sell the Demon. Make it the kids thing. Seth doesn't have that going for him. Seth appeals to the wrestling fans. That's why DB/Seth made more sense.

But realistically neither of them are top faces. They are pretty much placeholders who won't be selling out stadium after stadium. I know it's just fantasy booking but I do feel either Finn or Seth could be part of something bigger which would sell out stadiums each night... and that's teaming up with Undisputed Era. An NXT takeover angle with Balor or Seth as the leader would kill.

I just think these guys are suited for being a leader of a stable and not an individual who is going to sell out arenas.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You guys are wrong about Seth not needing the rub. He does need it and he deserves it.
It's the last thing that cements him as the top face of the brand, and the eventual top face of the Smackdown brand when he moves over in the fall.

I don't think he desperately needs it to be the top face like someone like Balor does, but for Seth it's the last piece to really cap off his last 16 months (by the time WM happens).

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Do you think they necessarily need a guy like Cena?

Having more of a balance at the top of the roster instead of everything revolving around one guy is more interesting to me. Maybe not the best way to sell tickets tho.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
From a business/marketing campaign.. yeah i'd sell the Demon. Make it the kids thing. Seth doesn't have that going for him. Seth appeals to the wrestling fans. That's why DB/Seth made more sense.

But realistically neither of them are top faces. They are pretty much placeholders who won't be selling out stadium after stadium. I know it's just fantasy booking but I do feel either Finn or Seth could be part of something bigger which would sell out stadiums each night... and that's teaming up with Undisputed Era. An NXT takeover angle with Balor or Seth as the leader would kill.

I just think these guys are suited for being a leader of a stable and not an individual who is going to sell out arenas.

They both aren’t terribly interesting as pure babyfaces.

He will get good reactions for this feud, but I worry about Seth post Mania. I could see a post Mania feud with someone like Drew bombing hard.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

No one sells out arenas anymore. It's just not the WWE way to build stars like that anymore.

That said, I absolutely see Seth as a #1 face to carry a brand. I don't see Finn Balor in that spot. I see someone who's happy to be there and content with his spot in Finn Balor. With Seth, we know he has a cocky attitude and arrogance to him. Triple H almost fired him for it. We know he holds himself to certain standard and wants to be the best.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you think they necessarily need a guy like Cena?

Having more of a balance at the top of the roster instead of everything revolving around one guy is more interesting to me. Maybe not the best way to sell tickets tho.

Emp stole my thunder but Balor/Rollins on the chase is waaaay cooler than just being champ. I would have given Drew the big time rub against Lesnar and had Seth or Balor chase. And youa re also right about a balance of the roster.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Emp stole my thunder but Balor/Rollins on the chase is waaaay cooler than just being champ. I would have given Drew the big time rub against Lesnar and had Seth or Balor chase. And youa re also right about a balance of the roster.
As much as we love Drew here, the fact is fans still don't really react to him live. He needs some more time.

I'd have him win MITB and take the title off Seth before the move to FOX in a straight up one-on-one match when he cashes in. McIntyre wins, he turns face, and he's Raw's face.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Strowman needs to be taken off of TV for a while. Let him rest up for a few weeks. Maybe have him make a surprise return at WM or the Raw/Smackdown after WM and have him blow up a new champion's celebration.

Or, you, know, reform the Wyatt family. That would've written itself before creative decided Rowan would be a kale muncher.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well MCG...the first time you whine because Rollins is cutting promos about how much heart he has or how he's doing this for Roman, I'll be here to cheer you on. I also cannot wait until he belittles Heyman because Lesnar isn't showing up.

The match will deliver in a big way, but the next 2 months will be booorrrrrring.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I am not sold on Drew yet though he has tons of potential. So for that spot that soon no.

I agree though Finn and Seth are guys much more interesting in the chase. I would fear for Finn’s title run as well even if I think him chasing Brock right now would be a lot more interesting.

Only difference is I would be more interested in a returning KO feuding with Finn then Seth. Mostly because the last KO/Seth feud was awful.

Thinking about it. RAW’s heel pool isn’t exactly great. Drew isn’t there yet. Lasher is boring as sin. You will have KO, but that’s a bad retread with Seth as champ.

You could move Joe over, but that is another feud I don’t exactly want to see revisited.

Edit, I legit forgot about Dean, which says all you need to know about that option.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Strowman needs to be taken off of TV for a while. Let him rest up for a few weeks. Maybe have him make a surprise return at WM or the Raw/Smackdown after WM and have him blow up a new champion's celebration.

Or, you, know, reform the Wyatt family. That would've written itself before creative decided Rowan would be a kale muncher.

Since Matt Hardy is not retiring but coming back, it's more likely that Braun will end up in the Lake of REINCARNATIOOOOONNN! He will come back Braun, The Man Of Strow's.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
How about we just have a match like the threeway dance for the IC and European belts with Angle, Benoit, and Jericho?

We'll have Drew, Brock, Finn, Seth, Bryan, and AJ in a fatal 6-way(?) where the first pinfall or submission wins the Universal title and the second pinfall or submission wins the WWE title.

That way we can stop arguing and everyone can hate it together!

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm concerned for Rollins' story. He's got the authority behind him. He took a nap for half the Rumble when people know he can go 60. He got murdered by Lesnar when the other challenger looked like a credible threat.

He should be guy, but they're turning him into Roman, and if they keep going this route, people will turn on him at some point.

Reactions: Emperoreddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad