Value of: Monahan and Savard to Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Well Devils.....Foote on leave.....could be for a long time. Hamilton out.

McLeod on leave....also for a potentially long time.

What do you think about a cheap Monahan and David Savard.

Let's see those offers!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It took a couple more injuries on top of Hamilton for Foote to get into the lineup. As mentioned, Colin Miller was back at practice today. Hopefully Hughes isn't too far out after the All Star break. Monahan doesn't exactly fill the bottom six spot that we'd be looking for. Once Hughes is back, Hughes-Hischier-Haula-Lazar would probably be set down the middle, maybe mix in Tierney/Nosek.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Let's see those offers!
i offer nothing for two players, who are most likely on the irl, when the playoffs start.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I

Let's see those offers!
I doubt Habs trade Savard unless overpayment. He's good with our young defense. If a team suffers an injury at deadline maybe Habs get good haul for him. About 20% chance he's traded but most likely Habs hang onto him another year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He is a star centre compared to5th liners like Huala and Lazar.
Haula is absolutely better than Monahan. Much better all around player while being the more productive 5v5 player.

5v5 numbers:

Erik Haula:
7 goals 17 points
16 primary points
0.85 G/60
2.05 P/60
1.93 primary P/60
3.42 rel xG%

Sean Monahan:
4 goals 16 points
12 primary points
0.41 G/60
1.62 P/60
1.21 primary P/60
-1.92 rel xG%

Hughes and Hischier are pretty fragile. I wouldn't depend on them to make it through the playoffs.
That's ironic.
I would want another scoring line centre.
Sure, another center who can score at 5v5 would be great. If only Monahan could do that. His 5v5 scoring rate is currently 94th among centers with >20 gp.
Monahan would be cheaper than Lindholm.
That's because he's much better than Monahan.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He is a star centre compared to5th liners like Huala and Lazar. Hughes and Hischier are pretty fragile. I wouldn't depend on them to make it through the playoffs. I would want another scoring line centre. Monahan would be cheaper than Lindholm.
If Hughes or Hischier were injured Monahan isn't saving NJ. Beyond that, you don't watch the team and don't know what their real issues are. Hint, their starting defense tonight has less than 1100 total NHL games between all six of them. No team with an average age on defense like that is competing in the playoffs anyway. If they make the playoffs and win a few games it's a good result. NJ might add something at the deadline but suggesting Monahan is some sort of difference maker given everything else going on with the team is unrealistic.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm interested in bringing back Henrique...
As for Foote, he's a Utica guy and was only brought up because of injuries. Miller is back and Hatakka or Misyul could fill that role as well (he was just called up.) No need to replace him.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Hughes or Hischier were injured Monahan isn't saving NJ. Beyond that, you don't watch the team and don't know what their real issues are. Hint, their starting defense tonight has less than 1100 total NHL games between all six of them. No team with an average age on defense like that is competing in the playoffs anyway. If they make the playoffs and win a few games it's a good result. NJ might add something at the deadline but suggesting Monahan is some sort of difference maker given everything else going on with the team is unrealistic.
Indeed, Devils should not be trying to band aid their flawed roster at the deadline. Last year's fluke boosted expectations prematurely & they made some bad decisions last summer to make it worse. Far better off being sellers, though that's unlikely.

I could see Savard being a fit for the same reasons he's highly valued by the Habs brass, though I'd suspect the asking price to be sky high.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Indeed, Devils should not be trying to band aid their flawed roster at the deadline. Last year's fluke boosted expectations prematurely & they made some bad decisions last summer to make it worse. Far better off being sellers, though that's unlikely.

I could see Savard being a fit for the same reasons he's highly valued by the Habs brass, though I'd suspect the asking price to be sky high.
Other than not adding a goalie, they didn't do a whole lot over the summer, what multiple bad decisions do you think they made?

My3Sons

Sponsor
G situation
Toffoli trade
Meier contract
Meh. Toffoli was doing great until Hughes got hurt and righted himself last game with a hat trick. Meier contract has no bearing on anything else NJ did this offseason. When they got him he had one year left with RFA control. Maybe in five years they will worry about his contract, right now it's fine. Goalie situation plenty of NJ fans would complain about and that is the only one that really impacted this season. Note NJ's record with BOTH Hughes and Hischier in the lineup. it's something like a 112 point pace. You can't really protect against a roster to be decimated by injuries to this extent. Ultimately, that's the biggest issue they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad