Post-Game Talk: Mon Lars leads Pens past the Habs 6-3

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He didn't have a rough night at all, watch the games.
😂😂😂😂😂
Clearly you didn’t watch the game, lol. Even the most staunch fanboy would admit he had a tough night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Monty wasn't great tonight. That second Eller goal can not go in. Halted the momentum and then we were back to bad habits.

Still gonna be a season of a lot of growing pains with the youth.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I don't care if they lose putting up a fight, losses like this are fine. I think they overused Hutson , gotta give that kid a break. Savard also looks really slow again

Stive Morgan

Nosferatu!
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't care if they lose putting up a fight, losses like this are fine. I think they overused Hutson , gotta give that kid a break. Savard also looks really slow again
He played like 25 minutes which is insane for a rookie D (not to say he didn't earn it though)

They need to cut his ES ice time a bit and put him on PP1

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I see people are back to bitching on Matheson despite him having 2 pts. We know he sucks defensively but he's helping the team offensively. He is not the reason we are losing games. Never forget we got him for Petry so price paid wasn't super high.
There are players way more invisible that need to be blamed before him. Savard tonight was our worst skater. Simply atrocious. Also when will people realize Xhekaj belongs in the AHL?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

It's probably what contributed to Guhles injuries in the past. They have to manage their young guys minutes more specifically on D. He went from a college to a professional schedule which means basically twice as many games against grown men. I'd rather see them up his PP time, and keep him at around 20ish min a game. Guhle can handle it now but he's two years older and a sturdy kid. It'll be the same with Reinbacher, it's not about easing them in, but about being smart with their deployment

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Maybe reunite the Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line. It wouldn't hurt.

Move Dvorak to Dach's wing with Anderson.

Evans to 4th line with kids.

Or go: Dach - Newhook - Gallagher

They need to mix it up.

As long as we are scoring 3-4 goals a game, I'm not sure this is what we should be focusing on.

We are leaking goals and scoring chances, despite prioritizing this area in the offseason. This is what's most concerning at this point.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
The first goal Savard fell but Hutson played it wrong. You either commit to pressing the puck carrier or stay in the middle of the ice. He did neither. He simply skated half-heartedly towards the puck carrier. Anyway, I don't want to be right about this kid's flaws but the more I watch him the more I don't see anyone that can help us.

I would trade him for another Guhle in a heart beat.
Thank God you're not in charge of the Habs 😉

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I don't think so. Hutson will learn more playing in the NHL. We will make a lot of mistakes but with his hockey IQ will progress rapidly by learning from his mistakes + his teammates will learn how to support him better.
Yeah, it makes zero sense for Hutson to play in the AHL, he's already getting over 20 minutes per game in the NHL and playing with much better players, his teammates are going to need to learn to adapt to him whether he plays down there or not, might as well get the growing pains done up here early in the season.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
As long as we are scoring 3-4 goals a game, I'm not sure this is what we should be focusing on.

We are leaking goals and scoring chances, despite prioritizing this area in the offseason. This is what's most concerning at this point.
Right, we have two types of defensemen in our team:
Sparks- Hutson, Matheson, Barron guys who want the puck and create something
Stabilizers- Guhle, Savard, Struble
Guhle is our best D, Savard is terrible, we miss Struble a lot because Xhekaj is not playing well
MSL pairing Matheson- Barron did not help either yesterday. That 3rd Penguins goal was like 10year old kids playing pond hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad