Low Effort GDT LA Kings vs. Ottawa Senators (RDS2, TSN5)

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1728965838693.png

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
In fairness I think Forsberg only really let in one bad goal (the 3rd one). It looks like the 2nd one hit off Trevor Lewis.

I’d still go back to him on Thursday if our only two options are him and Sogaard. Still, first choice would be to go with Merilainen.

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I would imagine this was probably the greatest live regular season game in the last decade not counting the Hamburger run when it got serious, particularly the comeback against Pittsburgh.

I took some kids to what was their first game, and I don't know how I'm going to get explain to them that it's usually 3-1.

• Love
Reactions: mysens and maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
He had that hustle and was great defensively.

On another note, MacEwen probably deserved the 1st star. Fought Jeannot in defense of Zub (whom in the past no one has really had his back) and destroyed him, got the 2nd goal to give the Sens some life, and the 5-5 tying goal late when things were starting to look bleak. He was mucking it up all game long and delivered some great hits. Also, he was great on the cycle and maintained some good offensive zone pressure.

Ah, so that's what happened. I only saw the third period and when I watched the highlights back to see the rest, they showed the MacEwen-Jeannot fight, which I was shocked at, as the NHL usually erases any and all violence or controversy from the highlights, but of course not the injury-causing hit that led to it

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I would imagine this was probably the greatest live regular season game in the last decade not counting the Hamburger run when it got serious, particularly the comeback against Pittsburgh.

I took some kids to what was their first game, and I don't know how I'm going to get explain to them that it's usually 3-1.

Don't sweat it, most experiences in life are just chasing that first high ;)

(Edit: but playoff hockey will still top it :D )

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A D-man pinched, that kind of play happens a million times in a season. Do you want to know what the problem was?

Drake Batherson and Travis Hamonic were the 2 guys defending.

At around 9 seconds, you can see that Chabot identifies the trailer as his man and follows him in.

I'm not particularly enamored with the soft stick check as he's driving the net.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's both.

There are still some serious issues that need to be ironed out and relearned the right way....but there is some good material to work with.

At this point, it's mostly on who we have in the organization right now. We have some talent, some brawn, some youth....it's up to those guys to finally put it together. Will it happen and how far will they go.....I have no idea.
We didn’t give up any more than other teams give up.
A D-man pinched, that kind of play happens a million times in a season. Do you want to know what the problem was?

Drake Batherson and Travis Hamonic were the 2 guys defending.

Chabot had very few options, he could have placed the puck behind the net or try to provoke a rebound like he did but nobody drove the net (except Norris who was quite slow at getting there) so it was in vain. No issue though as the lowest forward has to cover for him. Gregor went for a hit, Norris was late on the play so it created a 2 on 2, which shouldn't have really been a problem. All that said, Clarke had to run into the goalie to make it a dangerous play. If he didn't, most likely a routine play where nothing happens.

Look at 0:02 seconds how the other Sens players were positioned :facepalm: and there is still some blaming Chabot here lol

Who's that "everyday Sens" blogger? I mean, very basic sequence analysis... why do people struggle so much with that?
that is horrific shot selection from chabot. You simply cannot give the puck away when you’re the d man. You’re in the corner and your forwards are joining in. Chabot put everyone in a bad spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad