Post-Game Talk: Mon Lars leads Pens past the Habs 6-3

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Every Habs games should be on Prime Video!

Not just on Mondays....

Prime Video Monday to Sunday Night Hockey!

IVHM7kIy_400x400 (1).jpg

Apr 28, 2010
Not to dump on Dach who's coming back from a long injury but the bar was set high for him to replace Sean Monahan.

Monahan was providing secondary scoring all by himself playing with scrub during his whole tenure with us.

I'm sure Kirby will come along fine but he will have to figure out a way to produce with lesser quality teammates.
Dach is still young while Monahan is an experienced vet.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Monty was bad and the 3rd and 4th goal killed their momentum.

Its going to take Dach awhile to get going, said it several times this offseason that we have to be patient with him.

Reactions: Rozz and expy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I mean we mad, but we’re not there yet. Second youngest team in the nhl. Matheson shouldn’t be playing this much. He’s at best, a 3D. Savard is a 5D and looks incredibly slow, even slower than usual.
The 1st line is coming around but the second one has a C who is still getting in game shape playing with two wingers who are probably 3rd and 4th liners. I’d like to see Heinemann there.
The goalies are still inconsistent.
Slaf, Hutson and Guhle progressing nicely.
We’ll be ok, but lack skill / scoring in top 6 (what else is new)
And maturation of the defence is a big problem.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Defense was Barren outside of Guhle and Hutson.

Guhle, Slaf, and Heineman with the goals.

Everyone else was bad.

#BergevinSucks
Hutson was on the ice for 3 of the 5 goals, 4 of the 6 if you count the empty netter. Yet He was one of the better defensemen for you?

Reactions: expy

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not to dump on Dach who's coming back from a long injury but the bar was set high for him to replace Sean Monahan.

Monahan was providing secondary scoring all by himself playing with scrub during his whole tenure with us.

I'm sure Kirby will come along fine but he will have to figure out a way to produce with lesser quality teammates.

It will take a while before he get back to where he was before the injury. When he's back to speed it will be interesting to see if he can take the next step, a lot ride on him breaking out.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I know the season is young but I just don’t see “it” with this core.
You're making assumptions about a core that isn't even fully here yet. It's not a season thing, most of our core isn't even in the lineup.
Suzuki is too slow and not engaged enough on a regular basis.
He was a top 10 C in the league last year.
We are extremely thin up front on talent coupled with a lack of identity and no physical presence on any line.
So you think Slaf is done growing? Don't even have Laine/Demidov and will still have room to make big adds too.
Extremely thin on the right side of our defence (with no help in our pipeline)
Two of our best prospects are RHD.
and our goaltending is extremely inconsistent.
Goaltending won us 2 games this season and we still have one of the best goalie prospects in the league.
This rebuild is at least 2-3 years away.
Very bold conclusion considering it's been 4 games and most of the core isn't even here.

Reactions: Rozz and Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad