Post-Game Talk: Mon Lars leads Pens past the Habs 6-3

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It was a fun game after a crappy 1st.

We need Dach to do something out there. That whole line sucks. Armia needs to drop to 4th line. Promote Gallagher to Dach's line.

Still not much offense behind the 1st line. I thought Suzuki played a good game. He picked up 2a and Slafkovsky is looking better.

D had a lot of cringe worthy moments in this one. It's still a work in progress, that's for sure. We need another defensive defenseman because Savard struggled in this one. Reinbacher has a place here.

Montembeault may not have played his best games, but Montreal was giving up a ton of high danger chances & odd man rushes.

2-2 in 4 games.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Hutson was on the ice for 3 of the 5 goals, 4 of the 6 if you count the empty netter. Yet He was one of the better defensemen for you?
The line did not pick up their guys streaking up with only Matheson? back on at least one of the goals. Maybe 2. Terrible efforts by forwards, I agree that Hutson can’t ever go up again if our forwards don’t know they need to cover for him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The team battled and they're starting to understand the three offensive "lanes" MSL talks about. There's a lot more creativity than we this team has had in the last 30 years. Definitely a good approach to how you play without the puck to create space offensively.

However, defensively is where things get really messy. The younger players made mistakes, but I thought the veterans should have played much tighter. Savard had one of his worst games Ive seen. Matheson really needs to keep things simple as he's very good when he does. Hutson is a bulldog, man is he talented and smart.

Hutson was on the ice for 3 of the 5 goals, 4 of the 6 if you count the empty netter. Yet He was one of the better defensemen for you?

You found that he was responsible for the goals ?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Also it's probably been said already and it was discussed in the GDT, but...

The Prime stream was awesome! Crystal clear picture, unbiased calling and analysis of the game. No gambling ads, no Leafs BS, just hockey baby
My wife was saying she had trouble watching because it was too clear. She's used to blurry ass TSN2.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well Barron is a kid and he looks like dogshit
Barron looked like dogshit?

I think alot of fans just don't like him and unless he scores a goal, it doesn't matter if he has a good game (like tonight for example) then its just about confirming a bias.

If Barron was dogshit tonight, not sure what Savard or Xhekaj were by comparison.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Monty wasn’t great but he gave us two top-notch game. He’s forgiven.

That point blank save in the 3rd was amazing.

Amazon did a good job picture quality is great product value too. The panel I always skip so it wtv for me.

Kings next

1000009602.jpg

expy

Nov 2, 2010

I think alor of fans just don't like him and unless he scores a goal, it doesn't matter if he has a good game (like tonight for example) then its just about confirming a bias.

If Barron was dogshit tonight, not sure what Savars or Xhekaj were.
Barren was worse than Xhekaj, probably near on par with Savard.

Reactions: Pomee

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

I think alot of fans just don't like him and unless he scores a goal, it doesn't matter if he has a good game (like tonight for example) then its just about confirming a bias.

If Barron was dogshit tonight, not sure what Savard or Xhekaj were by comparison.
He’s giving away the puck when he’s last man back. All. The. Time. He can’t do that.

Reactions: Pomee and le_sean

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
They shut out Sid but how do you stop a playa like Laws Ella?

The ups and downs of following a very young team.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Monty was bad and the 3rd and 4th goal killed their momentum.

Its going to take Dach awhile to get going, said it several times this offseason that we have to be patient with him.

Tristan Direct wasn't stellar either, they just have a vet team less likely to be rattled by that.

Reactions: 417

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
Not to dump on Dach who's coming back from a long injury but the bar was set high for him to replace Sean Monahan.

Monahan was providing secondary scoring all by himself playing with scrub during his whole tenure with us.

I'm sure Kirby will come along fine but he will have to figure out a way to produce with lesser quality teammates.
True, that's the player Chicago has traded. I still hope it will work out though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad