OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don't think asking the Mets bullpen to be able to beat the soft-hitting Pirates is too much to ask when the team gets 5 runs for them, but it was.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boone has no faith in Chapman right now and its hurting the rest of the pen
He had faith in Chapman to pitch to Alvarez in a 1-0 game over Cole pitching a masterpiece, but not to pitch to the bottom of the lineup in a 7-4 game over a guy giving up rockets every pitch?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Especially after, you know, Green faced his three batters and they were all hitting sonic booms off of him.

Literally, how did he think that inning would end?

It's not like Green gave up bloopers or walked guys. He was throwing batting practice. Was he suddenly going to stop doing that?

Yea, like I don’t even blame Green really. He’s been so good, but been run into the ground since Chapman became a mess. The manger just sitting there after he couldn’t get anyone out from the bottom of the order was rough.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yea, like I don’t even blame Green really. He’s been so good, but been run into the ground since Chapman became a mess. The manger just sitting there after he couldn’t get anyone out from the bottom of the order was rough.
Yeah, I can't kill Green. Some days, you come in and throw muffins. It happens to every pitcher. The manager needs to realize it and act.

And I don't wanna hear about he had nobody else or doesn't trust Chapman. It literally couldn't have been worse. It's like when AV used to play Tanner Glass every night because "we know what he brings" over an unknown that couldn't possibly be worse.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He had faith in Chapman to pitch to Alvarez in a 1-0 game over Cole pitching a masterpiece, but not to pitch to the bottom of the lineup in a 7-4 game over a guy giving up rockets every pitch?
He was never bringing in Chapman in any game this series.You are fooling yourself if you think he was.Its obvious he doesnt trust him right now in big spots.I think he should have still brought him in to start the 9th with a 5 run lead.Cant coddle this guy forever.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know Shea and Citi were never hitters’ parks but that all-time home run leader list is pretty depressing. Lucas Duda at 7 lol.
Yeah the Mets have been pathetic at developing position players. Someone said on Twitter last night that Conforto was the best position player the Mets had developed since David Wright debuted. I mean you can maybe make a case for Nimmo but either way that's ridiculous.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yeah the Mets have been pathetic at developing position players. Someone said on Twitter last night that Conforto was the best position player the Mets had developed since David Wright debuted. I mean you can maybe make a case for Nimmo but either way that's ridiculous.

Gotta be Daniel Murphy.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I remember when even the first round of the MLB draft was pretty rapid-fire. And then later rounds you'd get an audio feed of the conference call where teams were just reading out names of guys no one had ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad