OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I just about have given up on watching anymore Yankees games this year. It's not that entertaining to begin with and the product has become piss poor. Management is a total joke and being held responsible has left the building. But hey, we can talk to the media-LOL.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Some absolutely EPIC fall from ahead losses for the Yanks this year, very deflating and leaves a horrible taste after Cole's CG and an overall nice showing in Houston

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I just about have given up on watching anymore Yankees games this year. It's not that entertaining to begin with and the product has become piss poor. Management is a total joke and being held responsible has left the building. But hey, we can talk to the media-LOL.
I was making pizza and fries all game long listening to my son watching with half an ear, decided to fully tune in for the 9th lol

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Kumar Rocker is also a 10/10 name. A good name is an intangible that you just can't teach or measure in analytics.

Alexis Lafreniere is fine now but if he was drafted in 1998 he would've been an enormous bust.

Reactions: Greg02 and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I'm not one to normally root against the Yankees just because I'm a Mets fan, but I will say, after the Mets blew their game yesterday, I felt just a little bit better after the Yankees blew theirs. Only in a, "Well, at least we didn't lose it quite like that" fashion but still.

Rough year all around for the Yanks. I still expect them to surge in the second half, but who know. Could just be one of those years...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm interested to see what the Mets do today. Rocker will probably be over slot, so they'll probably have to pick up a couple college seniors today that will sign for under if they plan on getting any upside guys later on.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm interested to see what the Mets do today. Rocker will probably be over slot, so they'll probably have to pick up a couple college seniors today that will sign for under if they plan on getting any upside guys later on.
Yeah, this has been their MO in recent years, and I'm honestly fine with it. I'd rather take the big swings on more elite talent and create a stocked farm system. They've done really well with this in recent years to get guys like Allan, Ginn, etc.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well, Ziegler may go for a little under slot but he has a commitment to Auburn, so it won't be by much (unless the Mets have already worked it out with him).

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, Ziegler may go for a little under slot but he has a commitment to Auburn, so it won't be by much (unless the Mets have already worked it out with him).

I missed the Ziegler pick. He should be probably be a bit below slot. Wondering if we can get him for 3rd round slot money since he was benchmarked in the 4th round.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I missed the Ziegler pick. He should be probably be a bit below slot. Wondering if we can get him for 3rd round slot money since he was benchmarked in the 4th round.
Yeah I assume the Mets knew beforehand what it would take to sign him. I think they can get him for under, but not by a whole lot.
Another pitcher for the Mets in Round 3 (Hamel Dominic). College senior but relatively highly thought of (ranked in the 90s).

Should be below slot for sure.
I really like this pick because he has good stuff AND is a college senior, so you know they'll be able to get him for below slot. Smart pick.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah I assume the Mets knew beforehand what it would take to sign him. I think they can get him for under, but not by a whole lot.

I really like this pick because he has good stuff AND is a college senior, so you know they'll be able to get him for below slot. Smart pick.

He's also a young senior. Doesn't turn 23 until next March. So it's not like he's a 25 year old Senior or something.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rocker signed for $6M. So $450K of that can be written off by the 5% overage, meaning we need to save over $800K elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad