OT: MLB Thread 2024

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’ll be surprised if the yankees take LA to 6 games. their bullpen and lineup don’t have anywhere close to the depth the dodgers have. it seems like every dodgers hitter is hot right now and almost every yankee hitter is cold.

I’m thankful the yankees made it this far, but I don’t see how the yankees win 4 against these guys.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I'm a Yankees fan and a lot of Mets fans won't want to hear this right now but what a season for them. In what was supposed to be a year in which they weren't going to compete the Mets did just that. At so many points over the course of the season it looked like the bottom was about to fall out from underneath them and it was going to come crashing down and then out of nowhere they'd answer the call. Unbelievable wins against Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philly were awesome, even for me to watch. I'd like to see them get another shot at it next year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’ll be surprised if the yankees take LA to 6 games. their bullpen and lineup don’t have anywhere close to the depth the dodgers have. it seems like every dodgers hitter is hot right now and almost every yankee hitter is cold.

I’m thankful the yankees made it this far, but I don’t see how the yankees win 4 against these guys.

Their lineup is great and they've got some quality arms in that pen but there is no elite team in the league this year. Yankees just clown pounded a better bull pen.

LA has 2.5 starting pitchers and thats being generous considering that they can't really rely on 2 of them for much length.

Reactions: Raspewtin

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Their lineup is great and they've got some quality arms in that pen but there is no elite team in the league this year. Yankees just clown pounded a better bull pen.

LA has 2.5 starting pitchers and thats being generous considering that they can't really rely on 2 of them for much length.
the yankees have 2 starting pitchers and 4 or 5 guys worth pitching in their bullpen. the only thing I think you can really say the yankees have over the dodgers is Cole is the best starter of the two teams. everywhere else either dodgers have the yankees beat or it’s a toss up.

when half your lineup is hitting below the mendoza line, that’s a huge issue. offensively the dodgers are so far ahead of the yankees. cleveland’s offense can’t hold a candle to what LA has, and I don’t see how the yankees bullpen can survive a 7 game series against them.

either the yankees’ lineup wakes up or the dodgers lineup just dies the way it had for a few games so far. but everyone on the dodgers is heating up.

I’m expecting more blowouts than close games.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm a casual baseball enjoyer at best, but it's good to see that the luxury tax is working as intended. Can't beat a series between the two mega-franchises as an illustration of parity in action!

• Haha
Reactions: majordomo

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
My Mets hat would usually go away for a while when the season ends. I'm keeping this one rolling through the winter.

The emotional aspect of this is that this set of guys won't be back. Could lose Alonso, some guys just won't be back. A bunch could be. There is still a youth movement coming.

Can't wait to see what this team can do going forward. The bullpen will need to be redone, but there are legit rotation pieces already on the roster

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
A subway series WS would've been all sorts of epic for New Yorkers.

Love my Yankees as they are my last hope for a big, substantial win. Rangers almost there. Knicks not quite, but getting there. Giants............. pathetic. I'll be honest. I'm going into this NY-LA matchup scared as f***. Lol. I don't want to get my hopes up.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If the Yanks can get into their bp early,they will win the series.If any of the games turn into a bullpen battle,I like the Yankees chances.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yanks pitching is superior. By a good margin in the rotation. Dodgers have a deeper lineup. The benches and bully's will be important. Go NYY. I hate the Doggers going back to Lasorda, Cey, Garvey,,Reuss, Hershiser, Sax, Piazza. I liked Gibson though.

Friday seems like a long way out. I guess MLB really wanted that Saturday night game though. Cole needs to come out and throw darts and give them six innings in game 1.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV

What a fun, incredible season of highs and lows this was. Turned around an awful start to get a whisker away of winning a pennant and getting to the WS. Eliminated those Philly scrubs in doing so. Likeable, fun group that just ran out of magic at the end. Good times, see you’s next year. The future is bright.

Reactions: will1066

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The thing that is so NY is that fans is that both Yankees and Mets fans were destroying their teams online calling for rebuilds for months in to the season 😂

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
the yankees have 2 starting pitchers and 4 or 5 guys worth pitching in their bullpen. the only thing I think you can really say the yankees have over the dodgers is Cole is the best starter of the two teams. everywhere else either dodgers have the yankees beat or it’s a toss up.

when half your lineup is hitting below the mendoza line, that’s a huge issue. offensively the dodgers are so far ahead of the yankees. cleveland’s offense can’t hold a candle to what LA has, and I don’t see how the yankees bullpen can survive a 7 game series against them.

either the yankees’ lineup wakes up or the dodgers lineup just dies the way it had for a few games so far. but everyone on the dodgers is heating up.

I’m expecting more blowouts than close games.

Well then I guess there’s a good thing there are 5 days in between games (seriously, wtf?) plenty of time
For those “hot” bats to cool off.

you’re underrating the Yankee arms
Though. This is a clear advantage for them.

I would have rather faced the Mets but this isn’t an unbearable juggernaut Dodgers team. A tall task? Yeah 100% but youte
Acting like the Yankees would be lucky to
Win 2 games against them when the Mets and Padres were able to do just that.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Well then I guess there’s a good thing there are 5 days in between games (seriously, wtf?) plenty of time
For those “hot” bats to cool off.

you’re underrating the Yankee arms
Though. This is a clear advantage for them.

I would have rather faced the Mets but this isn’t an unbearable juggernaut Dodgers team. A tall task? Yeah 100% but youte
Acting like the Yankees would be lucky to
Win 2 games against them when the Mets and Padres were able to do just that.

No doubt that LA will be the Yankees' toughest opponent all postseason. LA is just steps above both KC and Cleveland. I can't say more than that because I'm no real expert. But having watched a few ALDS and ALCS games and witnessed LA score more easily than a high school quarterback on both the Padres and Mets, their batting order has become kind of a murderer's row. They look like a team that gives you almost no margin for error, they make you pay for mistakes.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
No doubt that LA will be the Yankees' toughest opponent all postseason. LA is just steps above both KC and Cleveland. I can't say more than that because I'm no real expert. But having watched a few ALDS and ALCS games and witnessed LA score more easily than a high school quarterback on both the Padres and Mets, their batting order has become kind of a murderer's row. They look like a team that gives you almost no margin for error, they make you pay for mistakes.
Dodgers will definitely be the toughest matchup but they'd probably be the worst pitching staff we've faced thus far. Yankees are 7-0 against starting RHP and the Dodgers pretty much only have RHPs. This is a tough but winnable series.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
great season from our beloved Metsies. FA could be very interesting this year.

Sadly, Grimace was ceremonially beheaded following last night's loss. Alexandra Cohen said a few words, and Jerry Seinfeld did a short set while attendees enjoyed complimentary Bigelow Tea.

Too bad I hate both teams too much to even think of watching.

Can someone answer a question: I seem to recall Howie Rose saying something to the effect that the Mets left 11 men on base in the first 4-5 innings. Is that true?
correct. 8LOB before winker's fly out with bases loaded.

• Haha

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
great season from our beloved Metsies. FA could be very interesting this year.

Sadly, Grimace was ceremonially beheaded following last night's loss. Alexandra Cohen said a few words, and Jerry Seinfeld did a short set while attendees enjoyed complimentary Bigelow Tea.

Yeah, I was just thinking that the sad part of this thing is the end of OMG, Grimace, and all the other wacky shit. But that means they will come up with something even wackier next season to annoy Keith.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Yeah, I was just thinking that the sad part of this thing is the end of OMG, Grimace, and all the other wacky shit. But that means they will come up with something even wackier next season to annoy Keith.
what was less annoying about it was how much was shit the fans were doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad