OT: MLB Thread 2024

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’ll be surprised if the yankees take LA to 6 games. their bullpen and lineup don’t have anywhere close to the depth the dodgers have. it seems like every dodgers hitter is hot right now and almost every yankee hitter is cold.

I’m thankful the yankees made it this far, but I don’t see how the yankees win 4 against these guys.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I'm a Yankees fan and a lot of Mets fans won't want to hear this right now but what a season for them. In what was supposed to be a year in which they weren't going to compete the Mets did just that. At so many points over the course of the season it looked like the bottom was about to fall out from underneath them and it was going to come crashing down and then out of nowhere they'd answer the call. Unbelievable wins against Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philly were awesome, even for me to watch. I'd like to see them get another shot at it next year.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’ll be surprised if the yankees take LA to 6 games. their bullpen and lineup don’t have anywhere close to the depth the dodgers have. it seems like every dodgers hitter is hot right now and almost every yankee hitter is cold.

I’m thankful the yankees made it this far, but I don’t see how the yankees win 4 against these guys.

Their lineup is great and they've got some quality arms in that pen but there is no elite team in the league this year. Yankees just clown pounded a better bull pen.

LA has 2.5 starting pitchers and thats being generous considering that they can't really rely on 2 of them for much length.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Their lineup is great and they've got some quality arms in that pen but there is no elite team in the league this year. Yankees just clown pounded a better bull pen.

LA has 2.5 starting pitchers and thats being generous considering that they can't really rely on 2 of them for much length.
the yankees have 2 starting pitchers and 4 or 5 guys worth pitching in their bullpen. the only thing I think you can really say the yankees have over the dodgers is Cole is the best starter of the two teams. everywhere else either dodgers have the yankees beat or it’s a toss up.

when half your lineup is hitting below the mendoza line, that’s a huge issue. offensively the dodgers are so far ahead of the yankees. cleveland’s offense can’t hold a candle to what LA has, and I don’t see how the yankees bullpen can survive a 7 game series against them.

either the yankees’ lineup wakes up or the dodgers lineup just dies the way it had for a few games so far. but everyone on the dodgers is heating up.

I’m expecting more blowouts than close games.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm a casual baseball enjoyer at best, but it's good to see that the luxury tax is working as intended. Can't beat a series between the two mega-franchises as an illustration of parity in action!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
My Mets hat would usually go away for a while when the season ends. I'm keeping this one rolling through the winter.

The emotional aspect of this is that this set of guys won't be back. Could lose Alonso, some guys just won't be back. A bunch could be. There is still a youth movement coming.

Can't wait to see what this team can do going forward. The bullpen will need to be redone, but there are legit rotation pieces already on the roster

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
A subway series WS would've been all sorts of epic for New Yorkers.

Love my Yankees as they are my last hope for a big, substantial win. Rangers almost there. Knicks not quite, but getting there. Giants............. pathetic. I'll be honest. I'm going into this NY-LA matchup scared as f***. Lol. I don't want to get my hopes up.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If the Yanks can get into their bp early,they will win the series.If any of the games turn into a bullpen battle,I like the Yankees chances.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yanks pitching is superior. By a good margin in the rotation. Dodgers have a deeper lineup. The benches and bully's will be important. Go NYY. I hate the Doggers going back to Lasorda, Cey, Garvey,,Reuss, Hershiser, Sax, Piazza. I liked Gibson though.

Friday seems like a long way out. I guess MLB really wanted that Saturday night game though. Cole needs to come out and throw darts and give them six innings in game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad