OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
forget lindor winning mvp. his obp is under .350. the prevailing narrative remains that he is not living up to his contract and that as a leader of the team he bears great responsibility for the mets failures - especially last years selloff. for some reason, anti-ny bias perhaps, people around the league dislike him and think he's not great. mets fans can't even rally to vote him into ASG. many of them still don't really like him - they say he's overpaid, they still don't like the Baez thumbs down thing, they're just miserable cretins. See that human trashheap barstool frank.

ohtani is a face of the league. he's gonna win it.
I am also a Tribe/Guards/whatever fan -- to be very honest, I was never that impressed with him in Cleveland.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I am tired of Edwin Diaz
I wonder if he's just one of those relievers that's inconsistent from season to season or if that WBC injury affected him in some kind of lingering way. I haven't looked at the numbers but I thought his velocity was down this year.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Mets fans to Stearns:

tenor.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I wonder if he's just one of those relievers that's inconsistent from season to season or if that WBC injury affected him in some kind of lingering way. I haven't looked at the numbers but I thought his velocity was down this year.

Diaz takes inconsistency to its most fantastic extremes because his 2022 season was one of the best reliever seasons I have ever seen and 2019 might actually be straight up the worst lmao.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Diaz takes inconsistency to its most fantastic extremes because his 2022 season was one of the best reliever seasons I have ever seen and 2019 might actually be straight up the worst lmao.
Today it looked like his velocity was good and he was throwing almost all fastballs. I remember a couple years ago when he was really struggling, someone did an analysis of his pitch selection and he wasn't really doing anything different there. The difference was he was throwing the slider in the zone a lot more than he had in the past. And as we saw the other night, he throws that slider and if it gets a lot of plate, he gets in trouble. He should be throwing like 85% fastballs and then the sliders should be chase pitches, strictly out of the zone. That's when he's at his best.

The control issues of course are a different story, I have no analysis of that lol

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I'm familia with that imitation.

My god, three games at comiskey. Here's a chance to close ground. Philly needs to do its offense thing.
I got what you did there!!!!! :rolleyes:

I've been dreading this particular road trip....it would be just like them to go into Chicago and lose.

Reactions: will1066

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Theres no anti NY bias if he doesn't win.

Ohtani is the 6th player to 40/40 in baseball history. He's got a legitimate shot at being the first player to ever 50/50.

The rarity of his feat (x10000000 if he does 50/50) is going to win out. Not saying that its right but its just how it's going to go and how it always goes in sports.

See: Karlsson winning the Norris 2 years ago for putting up a 100+ point season.
Only 2 of the 5 40/40 players won the mvp that year. I think 50/50 would clinch it for Ohtani if it's not clinched already. Lindor would need a monster september to have a shot but I don't think Ohtani will win unanimously.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Well, looks like the Braves are up to their old tricks again....poor Phillies (HA HA HA HA HA!!!!).

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Maybe it's just me, but I've felt that Alonso's body language has indicated that he's out of here for some time now.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Watching alonso fan at the plate and Bader pop up is like watching gravity do its work. Inevitability
Bader doesn't bother me as much....never expected more out of him than being a good defensive player. Pete on the other hand at least used to get upset about a bad at bat....but he's had this blase attitude for a couple of months.....his body language when he strikes out screams "Oh, well...another one...."

Reactions: noncents

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Bader doesn't bother me as much....never expected more out of him than being a good defensive player. Pete on the other hand at least used to get upset about a bad at bat....but he's had this blase attitude for a couple of months.....his body language when he strikes out screams "Oh, well...another one...."
He's a modern Dave Kingman

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Meeting some family at the Mets game and 7-train stations are down for maintenance.

The Mets play 81 road games, MTA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad