OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Great job with pen at the deadline Cash.

Also, they got shutout yesterday and there runs tonight were a wild pitch and a fake extra innings run.

Last edited:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Holmes is such trash...11 blown saves now
Nothing I've ever seen in baseball could be more hilarious than the Yankees, who have endless resources, picking up a 28 year old with 1 career WAR in late 2021 and deciding he was their closer for the next ten years based on nothing.

Reactions: mrmovies779

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The Yankees would have a comfortable lead in the AL if Homes was a real closer.
.but
last night
that D shift they had going on
whos the batter??????
yeah.exactly.nobody
You play a straight up infield alignment
thats nothing but a routine ground out

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Alvarez with a walk off HR.

Any team with balls would hit him for that celebration.

But idgaf, that was cool
Yeah that was a little much LOL. Ball was already over the wall and he's hardly out of the box. Pete was celebrating but also looked like he was encouraging him to start moving.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Hated that celly. Everything's so over the top these days. I get it, baseball needs a makeover from stodgy old -timey traditions for more pizzazz. Pendulum's swung too far.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hated that celly. Everything's so over the top these days. I get it, baseball needs a makeover from stodgy old -timey traditions for more pizzazz. Pendulum's swung too far.
He could have done everything he did, but while at least jogging down the line. The whole thing where he basically just stood there, I didn't like it. I'm with you completely. And since it's baseball someone will probably hit him now.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He could have done everything he did, but while at least jogging down the line. The whole thing where he basically just stood there, I didn't like it. I'm with you completely. And since it's baseball someone will probably hit him now.

Right. Don't stand there like Babe Ruth admiring your work in front the other team. Nobody needs that. And everyone and their mother knows it came off the bat of a guy who's pacing for half the homers the previous year if he's lucky.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Don’t care. Alvarez has a killer swagger that I love. Hit a cool HR, do a cool celebration. My entire life as a Mets fan is depressingly bereft of things to cheer about.
Care about this! ;) In the last 30 days Manaea has a 2.51 ERA, a 1.08 WHIP, and a 10.05 K/9.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And to think Peterson has been better -- if only we had a bullpen
I was thinking about the BP after the loss the other night and how I was mad we didn't fix it. But then I remembered that we've lost just as many games because the offense pulled a complete no-show. This actually feels like a good year to largely stand pat the way we did.

Reactions: majordomo

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Peterson balks in a run and then gives up the tying homer immediately. That's on him this time.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In baseball BP stands for batting practice, not bullpen.
It actually stands for Baseball Prospectus, if you're smart.

Really though, you're not wrong, but I also don't care at all and will use BP to refer to the pen when I choose. :laugh:

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
In other Mets news, I'm really surprised there has been no mention of this "spanking" motion after a hit that the players adopted.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad