OT: MLB Thread 2024

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If Soto doesn't accept an deal from Cashman this summer, it's a failure, TBH

Granted, there is a limit, but like...Soto is freaking great and should be signed it any deal TBH
I'm probably wrong, but I vaguely recall seeing (either somewhere here or in some article) that Soto has a connection with someone on the Mets' staff....is that true?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Japanese advertisers in Anaheim's ballpark got f***ed over with the Angels not reupping Ohtani lol

The White Sox have lost 20 games in a row.

They are 27-87 and can break the Mets all time loss record lol.
3 to go to tie all time record

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I can't ever remember any Yankees team being this brutal at home.They couldn't beat the White Sox in a series..it's pathetic

P.s The Cinderella ride is over for Cortes

Reactions: 100Eyes

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Line looks bad but he looked good to me. Stuff was electric. He looked terrific through 2, and then allowed 6 runs in the third--including 4 with 2 outs. Then he pitched a solid fourth to close it out. Obviously not how you'd script it but nothing concerning. Tough league to pitch in, too.
He's not getting called up to the Bigs this year and the MILB season is over in like four weeks. More experience and prep is good.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Letting Cole get an out, and then taking him out with no one base is the most normal Aaron Boone blow up moment in his face.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Watching the last out, and it totally looked like Gleyber was about to fumble it and trip, causing the tying run to score.

And would I be shocked? No. Would it be the first time Gleyber has fumbled an easy out like that? No.

A wins a win, but....yikes. Most normal save of Clay's career.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Mets seems to be back in "we suck" mode. I am more convinced than ever that they're no more than a .500 team. Might be better if they don't get that wild card spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00