OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Except he's had a season much better than Flores ever had but lets ignore that.

Mets wouldn't be getting him anyway, he'd be going to Miami.

Andujar’s defense is what’s turning most Met fans off. In addition his K:BB ratio was awful. It’s likely in a weaker lineup he’d be thrown more trash and his numbers would nosedive. I think pitchers were sort of forced to pitch to him in that lineup

Reactions: Cassano and sbjnyc

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The big unanswered question with Andujar is how much he can improve, both at the plate and in the field. He only turns 24 during this coming spring training. At the same age, Judge hadn't yet broken in to the big leagues, and was just coming off a .777 OBP in a year spent split between AA and AAA.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The big unanswered question with Andujar is how much he can improve, both at the plate and in the field. He only turns 24 during this coming spring training. At the same age, Judge hadn't yet broken in to the big leagues, and was just coming off a .777 OBP in a year spent split between AA and AAA.
I get the argument that Andujar maybe had pitchers that were forced to pitch to him

BUT

Keep in mind he hit all. year. long. Reports changed and pitchers did pitch to him and he continued to rake extra base hits. He didnt really slump for any stretch. Judge missed significant time. Stanton slumped in the beginning. Bird disappeared. Gardner was putrid. Gary was awful. I mean he was the whole offense.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Andujar’s defense is what’s turning most Met fans off. In addition his K:BB ratio was awful. It’s likely in a weaker lineup he’d be thrown more trash and his numbers would nosedive. I think pitchers were sort of forced to pitch to him in that lineup

He mashed and was one of their best hitters in the 2nd half.

The BB's werent there and probably won't be, but its less of a factor for him. He still posted a .920 OPS in the 2nd half, he makes contact and a lot of hard contact.

Reactions: RGY

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You mean Andujar who has put a better season than both already?

Cmon now this is just silly.

1. It's both of their values vs his value alone
  2. You get 5 years of control with Andujar. You get 8 years with Conforto and Rosario
  3. You're trading for two plus defenders with the Mets players and one minus defender with Andujar.
There are a lot of reasons why Conforto+Rosario is more valuable than just Andujar. Those are the easy 3.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Note that in that time period, the two biggest jumps in revenue happened from 2008 to 2009 (+66 mil) and 16-17 (+93 mil!). So that would be the Championship year and the year that a fun Yankees team made the fanbase think they could win it all again.
Salaries have risen significantly. So to say that you can get by for 14 years is not really accurate.
Stanton counts $22 mil against the luxury tax payroll btw and he can (and likely will) opt out after 2020.
There is zero chance he does that as no one will give him such a contract again, or even one that averages out to the same amount of dollars per year.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
  1. It's both of their values vs his value alone
  2. You get 5 years of control with Andujar. You get 8 years with Conforto and Rosario
  3. You're trading for two plus defenders with the Mets players and one minus defender with Andujar.
There are a lot of reasons why Conforto+Rosario is more valuable than just Andujar. Those are the easy 3.
Okay and there are multiple reasons why Andujar is better value than both.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm not sure I could handle Thor in a Yankees uniform regardless of return.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Does Andujar have the same value to an NL team?

I don't watch yankee games religiously, but he seems awful defensively. If he doesn't improve, he's a DH candidate, no?

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Does Andujar have the same value to an NL team?

I don't watch yankee games religiously, but he seems awful defensively. If he doesn't improve, he's a DH candidate, no?

Because of his age, some are banking on improvement.

His range sucks.

Sometimes shaky throwing to first. But that's due to his side arm throwing motion. If you can get him to throw more over the top, there would be no worries about his throws.

Very good arm. Almost Machado lite.

Most of his errors were fielding. As I recall.

If push comes to shove and he can't stick at third, the OF should be a good option.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
He traded peanuts for Stanton who had a down year and still put up 4.2 WAR season. How is that a bad deal?
Stanton is an one dimensional player who played on a crap team with no fans and no media attention. He never had to perform with any kind of pressure. He looked lost at the plate for a good part of last season and was terrible in clutch situations in the playoffs. The money that we're paying him could have been better spent in free agency.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That would terrible for the Mets.

It sounds like the Mets would only give up Syndergaard and the Yankees would only give up Andujar and 3 prospects. All of those prospects would go to Miami. It doesn’t seem correct though.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this 3 way isnt going to happen. never. the return for thor needs to be an overpayment. this isnt.

thor stays, the big 3 O's stay- rosario, conforto and nimmo.

sign grandal and miller or robertson.

done.

Reactions: jas

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It sounds like the Mets would only give up Syndergaard and the Yankees would only give up Andujar and 3 prospects. All of those prospects would go to Miami. It doesn’t seem correct though.
Sounds like another Jeter sweetheart deal for the Yankees.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Realmuto to the mets in some capacity seems like a foregone conclusion.

The only question is whether they would rather trade for him with one (or more) of their position players or Thor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad