OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I like it. Said a couple weeks ago, I rather trade for Paxton instead of giving Corbin number 1 starter money. I think this move avoids that.

I'm concerned that Andujar will be traded for 33 y/o Kluber.

I think Corbin is still in play. They need another starter.

They could still trade for Kluber, but at this point, they'd probably want Andujar and Florial probably

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I think Corbin is still in play. They need another starter.

They could still trade for Kluber, but at this point, they'd probably want Andujar and Florial probably

I think they get the other starter via trade. If I'm Cashman, I shop Andujar/Florial package and see who bites.

I believe the Yankees are signing Machado for third.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I don't know. None of his numbers pop out at you as ace material. I like him, but if I was trading Sheffield, I'd rather have traded him for Kluber or Bumgarner or Syndergaard.

Bumgarner isn't available. Mets would never trade DeGrom or Syndergaard short of maybe an overpayment, and who knows what Cleveland wanted for Kluber.

Paxton is a borderline ace. It WAS a good trade.

Reactions: BroadwayBlues

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Bumgarner isn't available. Mets would never trade DeGrom or Syndergaard short of maybe an overpayment, and who knows what Cleveland wanted for Kluber.

Paxton is a borderline ace. It WAS a good trade.

Buster Olney wrote a piece the other day about it. No one actually knows if Bumgarner is or not. We're all playing a guessing game with him right now.

Syndergaard may or may not be available. DeGrom would cost the world and rightfully so.

You're right, who knows what Cleveland wanted for Kluber. I hope you're right and it's a good trade, but I have my doubts about Paxton, especially his health and the fact that in a pitcher's park (for AL standards) his numbers weren't all that great and now he's gonna be in Yankee Stadium.

I hope I eat my words, but who knows.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Never said the words "Sheffield led", but sure.

Okay but they need multiple starters. So you have to do the best you can by breaking up the prospect packages.
Since Sheffield isn't getting you the pitchers you named, a guy like Paxton is likely the next best option. While still having ammo for possibly another TOR starter.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wasn't as high on Sheffield as some of you guys so this seems like a good deal. I'm a little leery of Paxton holding up and pitching at YS, but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Okay but they need multiple starters. So you have to do the best you can by breaking up the prospect packages.
Since Sheffield isn't getting you the pitchers you named, a guy like Paxton is likely the next best option. While still having ammo for possibly another TOR starter.

Yup.

They could STILL go for someone like Kluber/Carrasco or Bumgarner (if he is actually available) if they wanted to.

Not even gonna include DeGrom or Thor. They simply aren't getting traded here short of MAYBE a major overpayment

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Would have rather gambled with signing Corbin to strengthen the negotiating position on trade talks for this guy.

30 years old, do not expect to see his best days ahead.

Not a fan of this trade.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You're acting like he's 40, lol. He's 30. Plenty of starters pitch very well in their early to mid 30's.

Typically its guys that have had a history of pitching well before that.

His career high is 160 innings pitched.

Hes thrown 2 complete games in his career.

Hes at best, a middle of the rotation starter.

Not really interested in giving up a young pitcher that has every chance of being better in 2 years for a guy that will probably not be with the Yankees in 2 years.

Wasted asset

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Not really interested in giving up a young pitcher that has every chance of being better in 2 years for a guy that will probably not be with the Yankees in 2 years.

Wasted asset

Lol

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Wasted asset

"Hes at best, a middle of the rotation starter."

Now I know this argument is a waste of time. Paxton is a borderline #1 starter, an elite #2 at the worst. He's also under contract until 2021.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad