OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Agreed Paxton just isnt nearly enough.

I dont like dealing Sheff for a guy who’s arm worries me, is 30 years old with no real career resume overall.

He’s missed time with really minor stuff, it just seems to pop up all the time.

Plus side? Not a ton of miles on the arm but it doesn’t matter how good he is if he can’t pitch.

Worthy gamble and they still have their other chips.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94 and RGY

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed Paxton just isnt nearly enough.

I dont like dealing Sheff for a guy who’s arm worries me, is 30 years old with no real career resume overall.
Yeah, count me a bit leery. Pitching trades have a tendency of not to work out for the Yankees. And he has not been a picture of health.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He’s missed time with really minor stuff, it just seems to pop up all the time.

Plus side? Not a ton of miles on the arm but it doesn’t matter how good he is if he can’t pitch.

Worthy gamble and they still have their other chips.
They need to come away with Kluber or Bumgarner imo. I think Kluber is the better pitcher however Bumgarner has pitched big games and you wouldnt have to face who you dealt for him often.

Trade then sign Machao or Harper

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They need to come away with Kluber or Bumgarner imo. I think Kluber is the better pitcher however Bumgarner has pitched big games and you wouldnt have to face who you dealt for him often.

Trade then sign Machao or Harper
The Giants are not trading Baumgartner. Not even sure what the Yankees could offer them if they were. You know that Torres would be the first demand.

And no, a thousand times no on Harper or Machado. No team in baseball could afford a $900m outfield. Manny's attitude is awful and might not do well under the big lights of NYC. I am sure Harper would love to be here, but the Yankees are not laying out another $300m contract.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kluber is way better than Corbin. Legit tor arm.

Makes more sense to get a guy on a decent deal now if they plan on splurging on machado.
Cannot see them spending on Machado. Or Harper. I outlined my reasons. Not to mention the fact that adding yet another right handed bat makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Giants are not trading Baumgartner. Not even sure what the Yankees could offer them if they were. You know that Torres would be the first demand.

And no, a thousand times no on Harper or Machado. No team in baseball could afford a $900m outfield. Manny's attitude is awful and might not do well under the big lights of NYC. I am sure Harper would love to be here, but the Yankees are not laying out another $300m contract.

The word is they will entertain offers for him.

That’s about the only guy I’d dangle andujar for. Torres isn’t going anywhere

Reactions: RGY

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cannot see them spending on Machado. Or Harper. I outlined my reasons. Not to mention the fact that adding yet another right handed bat makes absolutely no sense.

There’s a reason they’ve loaded up on righty bats, the shift eats up lefties and most of their RH guys can still get it out to right.

There are real arguments against Machado, the side of the plate he hits from is not a good one.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I like it. Said a couple weeks ago, I rather trade for Paxton instead of giving Corbin number 1 starter money. I think this move avoids that.

I'm concerned that Andujar will be traded for 33 y/o Kluber.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
There’s a reason they’ve loaded up on righty bats, the shift eats up lefties and most of their RH guys can still get it out to right.

There are real arguments against Machado, the side of the plate he hits from is not a good one.
Need to find a Lefty that can hit to all fields. Yelich had no problem with the shift. Of course we should have targeted him instead of Stanton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad