Confirmed with Link: Mittelstadt re-signed (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
This is the same contract Trevor Zegras sign last summer, and expires the same off-season as Colton, Girard, Lehkonen, and Makar's deals.

Not an ideal contract in my opinion. The AAV is not a bargain for term this short.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Only $0.65M/year more than Compher. I know RFA versus UFA and all that, but the days when teams could squeeze their RFAs seem to be long gone, ever since teams started betting $8M/year on second year players who had a decent season but show potential.

It's higher than you would want it to be as a fan wanting to see a deep roster, but I think he outperforms the contract

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Not sure how you can really be mad.

Basically we’re upset because we didn’t get a deal that was heavily Avs tilted.

He had arb rights, and an offer sheet, while rare, would’ve been a big problem.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I thought the salary predictions for him were low around here. He was definitely getting 7M on a long term contract.
Most were stating around this range with 5 or 6 years vs only 3 years.

I do think this signals the ask with 5/6 years was 7m.

If this deals was for 5 years, people would love it. If the AAV was 4.75 with these 3 years, people would love it. This is the worst mixture of those. It certainly is not the end of the world and the Avs do have their 2C for the next few seasons... it just isn't a good deal.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fine deal. Certainly not great based on the term and AAV but I don't think it's terrible either. Happy to have it done early so we don't have to keep hearing about it for the summer.

Reactions: Bender and shadow1

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I also probably did that wrong, a 4th or 5th year probably adds a million. 7 or 8 would've been 6-6.5.

What are Buffalo fans saying, if anything?
Buffalo fan here. It's a great AAV for you guys.

IMO.....Casey was always looking for a shorter term with this deal, which is why Adams traded him. Adams is big into "guys who want to be in Buffalo"....and if Casey was angling to take a 3 year deal and then cash in at the end, there's no way that Adams would have been amenable to that.

The term makes some sense to you guys as well. Allows you to bring Ritchie along slowly and then build him up to take over Casey's role on a cheap deal/ELC. Plus, the low AAV on the shorter team fits your cap structure well.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Even moreso, now I want them to turn Coltons money into two players..
b877d280-08c2-4d2e-84e3-a5a6d500fa5c_text.gif

c043daee-854f-4b30-8b85-edfb9139ad65_text.gif

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I actually think Drouin is the long term + lower AAV signing the board will be excited about.
I really hope so. We need a deal with upside and hes the best bet. Wasnt 100% sold earlier but the more thought i put into it, the more we need him. Was almost ppg last 50 games. Could see him easily getting 70 points next year. Yes part of it is playing with mack but not everyone meshes with star players. Also the added bonus of keeping mack happy having one of his best friends is a plus

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Buffalo fan here. It's a great AAV for you guys.

IMO.....Casey was always looking for a shorter term with this deal, which is why Adams traded him. Adams is big into "guys who want to be in Buffalo"....and if Casey was angling to take a 3 year deal and then cash in at the end, there's no way that Adams would have been amenable to that.

The term makes some sense to you guys as well. Allows you to bring Ritchie along slowly and then build him up to take over Casey's role on a cheap deal/ELC. Plus, the low AAV on the shorter team fits your cap structure well.
I think it's just that we are really counting the hundreds of thousands to get under the cap this year, so every little bit would've helped. It's a fair deal, but not a great one.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
cMac sucks ass at contracts.

We most likely lose our 2C in three years and don't really save much against the cap for it. I'd rather them have just given him a large AAV and keep him for 7/8 years and just let Drouin walk.

Hopefully Ritchie is the real deal down the road.

Reactions: Alienblood

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Solide deal. Maybe a little bit too AAV, but hey.

Seems like they pencil Ritchie in to take that 2C during those 3 years?.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad